Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brandon Allen
He looks to be developing into a decent back up. Why did Taylor stick with Finley for so long he is garbage
Reply/Quote
Because Taylor
Reply/Quote
Because Zac actually moved up to get Finley.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 08:02 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: He looks to be developing into a decent back up. Why did Taylor stick with Finley for so long he is garbage

Yo you’re talking about the only Bengal QB to beat the Steelers in 5 years! Watch yo mouth!
Reply/Quote
He didn't really stick with Finley. As soon as Ryan would have to start, they called Allen outta quarantine.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 08:42 PM)jason Wrote: He didn't really stick with Finley. As soon as Ryan would have to start, they called Allen outta quarantine.

This is the answer that folks cannot accept.

We kept Brandon as our quarantine QB in case our QB room was exposed we'd be able to have BA start. As soon as JB went down we brought in BA to start.

Folks here saying "because Zac" are giving him a compliment. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
He could have swapped Finley to Covid emergency instead of Allen. He had Finley as #2 because he was #2 in his mind. When Burrow went down, they moved him up behind Finley. Kevin Hogan was then signed to the practice squad. Problem is that Allen was seen as the the safety net instead of the #2 when Finley was the one many say should be a #3.
Reply/Quote
This thread is about Allen so I will talk about Allen. Dude has been very impressive. I love his confidence. His throws are much better than expected. Dude has skilz. Now, I'm gonna make a comment that even I don't think is probable, but here it is. Brady was a backup once too who was given the shot because the QB went down. No-no-no I don't think that is Allen, but let me state this. Kid has spark and he's tough. I'm so proud of him I would let him sleep with YOUR wives.

Seriously tho, you have to like what you've seen from him filling in the leader role.

Reply/Quote
It at least should make next week that much more interesting. He played lights out and was dropping absolute dimes deep. How many "deep" balls did we connect on today? Texans also have a bad defense so next week should be much more difficult for BA.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 09:40 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: It at least should make next week that much more interesting. He played lights out and was dropping absolute dimes deep. How many "deep" balls did we connect on today? Texans also have a bad defense so next week should be much more difficult for BA.

If he's as good as what I think he might be? He'll figure it out and have a great showing. What else wont be easy is the Ravens won't be looking beyond us. They need this victory. But I promise they notice we've won 2 in a row. They will play this like a playoff game.

Reply/Quote
Allen really looks like he took last week off and just watched and learned. Finley had one good deep-ish pass to AJ and then under threw everything deep after that. Like Finely, he didn't hold onto the ball very long. He made his read and then threw kind of like a Palmer to Chad type of throw . . . the ball was in the air before the last cut was made.

I might have to add to my post in the Free Agency board. If they re-sign Allen, do they keep Finely as the PS player? I think they are far away enough from the trade up to push him off the main roster.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Allen is looking good. I love how when he's getting pressure, he just dumps it over their heads to the outlet receiver with room to run. I guess you could call it hitting the hot route.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 08:02 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: He looks to be developing into a decent back up. Why did Taylor stick with Finley for so long he is garbage

He did not still with Finley'
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 09:06 PM)Destro Wrote: He could have swapped Finley to Covid emergency instead of Allen. He had Finley as #2 because he was #2 in his mind. When Burrow went down, they  moved him up behind Finley. Kevin Hogan was then signed to the practice squad. Problem is that Allen was seen as the the safety net instead of the #2 when Finley was the one many say should be a #3.

Do you understand how Covid works? If Burrow or the QB coach, or whoever QB2 is gets Covid, the whole room goes into quarantine. That's why you keep a Covid QB away from all of them and he does the meetings by zoom.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 11:26 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Do you understand how Covid works? If Burrow or the QB coach, or whoever QB2 is gets Covid, the whole room goes into quarantine. That's why you keep a Covid QB away from all of them and he does the meetings by zoom.

Yes, I do and has nothing to do with what I said. The process and idea behind a sole survivor QB is pretty clear. The thing was it was Allen who was that guy. He was the emergency #3 QB. The thing is he was there because he was considered  to be a #3. Game day injury ( like what happened ) or the next week, it had to be Finley, the #2. Finley was next man up because he was picked to be. The majority opinion is Allen is better than Finley, so Finley should have been in the "In Case of Emergency" glass. Most believe Allen gives the best chance to win, so he should been #2. not Finley, covid or not. 

If it is all about having the better player in safety, should have just had Burrow protected from both covid and knee shredding play calling and O-Line.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 09:33 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: This thread is about Allen so I will talk about Allen. Dude has been very impressive. I love his confidence. His throws are much better than expected. Dude has skilz. Now, I'm gonna make a comment that even I don't think is probable, but here it is. Brady was a backup once too who was given the shot because the QB went down. No-no-no I don't think that is Allen, but let me state this. Kid has spark and he's tough. I'm so proud of him I would let him sleep with YOUR wives.

Seriously tho, you have to like what you've seen from him filling in the leader role.

He can sleep with my wife no problem. I haven't seen the nasty skank in 35 years so no sweat off my balls.. LOL
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
So, tweets I've seen from the beat guys talk about Finley being a Tobin move not a Zac move, as in moving up to draft him. Wouldn't be surprised since it was the draft right after Taylor was hired and they struggled to get a staff.

Also, Brandon Allen wouldn't be here if not for Taylor, since he brought him in due to their working together with the Rams.

So... I'm not going to stick Finley on anyone but Tobin, and Allen has certainly earned the QB2 spot on this team.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 09:33 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: This thread is about Allen so I will talk about Allen. Dude has been very impressive. I love his confidence. His throws are much better than expected. Dude has skilz. Now, I'm gonna make a comment that even I don't think is probable, but here it is. Brady was a backup once too who was given the shot because the QB went down. No-no-no I don't think that is Allen, but let me state this. Kid has spark and he's tough. I'm so proud of him I would let him sleep with YOUR wives.

If Joey B can't make it back for the opener next year I would actually feel pretty good about starting a game with Brandon Allen.  He has a great arm, good vision, is pretty mobile and seems to know the offense really well.

A silver lining in an otherwise dim season.  This along with with beating Pittsburgh actually ends things pretty well considering.  It's sad that's all we have for the year but at least it's something.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 08:42 PM)jason Wrote: He didn't really stick with Finley. As soon as Ryan would have to start, they called Allen outta quarantine.

Hey.... don't you come in here with facts and stuff ...

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

moved up in the draft to get him you know

at the time they called him Geoff Lite
Reply/Quote