Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brandon Allen Re-signed
(03-11-2021, 05:06 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: is Alex down to be a Backup seems like he could find a starting role somewhere. with as much QB movement as is expected this offseason

He probably wants to start but where would that be? The QB hungry teams will get them in the draft and start them. He will be a backup, but chances are he will have a choice of where to be that. Problem here is Burrow is the locked in starter. Doubt Alex Smith will beat him out for the starting role or for a QB change later on in a season. I would think he may want to be on a team where the #1 may still be or could be a question mark. Or maybe it will be 100% the highest cash offer. 

Have no idea what will happen with Alex Smith. If he comes here, I'd be happy. Don't think it will happen, but if I was in the FO I would be targeting him.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2021, 11:19 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I wonder how Fitzpatrick would be as a coach or OC.
He obviously knows the game and has played for a bunch of teams to learn a bunch of different styles, techniques, and schemes.

He has learned how to throw a ton of picks in any system.
Reply/Quote
Alex Smith earned his overall number one draft status while playing for Urban Meyer at Utah.

I look for him to end up in Jacksonville.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 11:19 AM)jj22 Wrote: I'm not invested in Finley, but you won't find me throwing shade at him after the Steelers game.

I mean he's won the same amount of games as a backup as Allen so really are we acting like either is that much better than the other. And his win was against the Steelers who tried to kill him on national TV. I tip my hat to him from here on out.

Finley has earned the right not to be slandered by me. Others can continue to attack him. I'm just speaking personally.

That win alone made him well worth a 4th round pick in my book. Even if cut.

Yeah, he ain't good. However, the kid showed a lot of heart and grit in that game. I'll not deride him either. I wouldn't keep him around, because he just doesn't have a NFL arm.....but I did gain a lot of respect for him that Monday night.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2021, 12:30 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, he ain't good. However, the kid showed a lot of heart and grit in that game. I'll not deride him either. I wouldn't keep him around, because he just doesn't have a NFL arm.....but I did gain a lot of respect for him that Monday night.

Yep, and he did it laughing at them all night long. I'm for not keeping him, but I'm also keeping him kind of on a pedestal for beating the Stealers on National TV
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2021, 12:30 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, he ain't good. However, the kid showed a lot of heart and grit in that game. I'll not deride him either. I wouldn't keep him around, because he just doesn't have a NFL arm.....but I did gain a lot of respect for him that Monday night.

(03-12-2021, 02:16 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yep, and he did it laughing at them all night long. I'm for not keeping him, but I'm also keeping him kind of on a pedestal for beating the Stealers on National TV

All understandable.
Reply/Quote