Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Brandon Allen starting?
As my old fallback goes....better than a sharp stick in the eye.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 10:41 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I'm telling you, Finley's brain has to be the only reason he's still on the team; I think the world knows that physically, he can't do anything at the QB position well-enough.

I wouldn't be surprised at all, if:

1. He doesn't get signed by another team when his rookie contract is up/gets cut
2. Once he isn't signed, he immediately goes into coaching.

Just don't play him lol

From what I recall, that was the reason there was interest in him during the draft process.

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 11:28 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I assume Finley has a guaranteed contract and that is the only reason he remains on the team. No need to be rid of him until you don't have to pay him, that's the way of the Brown family as NFL owners.

Certainly not out of the realm of possibility.

At this point, you may as well see how Allen does. If what you say isn't the case, they might keep Allen on and part ways with Finley.

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 11:46 AM)Wyche Wrote: From what I recall, that was the reason there was interest in him during the draft process.

[Image: Egghead.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 10:52 AM)jason Wrote: Traded up for this guy too.

The Bengals passed on Maxx Crosby and Skule a starting OT to take Finley.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I don't like this one bit. Allen can actually win some games and lower the draft position for next year.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 12:22 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: The Bengals passed on Maxx Crosby and Skule a starting OT to take Finley.

Ouch

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 11:10 AM)thillan Wrote: Eh, I’d rather lose out and get Sewell. Worried this could affect it.

(11-25-2020, 11:23 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: My thoughts exactly. Finley is our tank commander. Don’t like this one bit.

I don't think you guys have anything to worry about.

Allen MIGHT be better than Finley, but I doubt he is going to lead this team to any victories.  As an SEC fan I remember when he was at Arkansas.  He was not that good.  In fact I was shocked to find out he was still in the NFL when we signed him.  
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 12:27 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Allen can actually win some games and lower the draft position for next year.

I don't think he can.

He was not very good at Arkansas.  I was shocked to hear he was still in the NFL when we signed him.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 12:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't think you guys have anything to worry about.

Allen MIGHT be better than Finley, but I doubt he is going to lead this team to any victories.  As an SEC fan I remember when he was at Arkansas.  He was not that good.  In fact I was shocked to find out he was still in the NFL when we signed him.  

Agree. I thought even with Burrow we weren't going to beat Pitt and Baltimore. I had the Texans and Dolphins games as 50/50 which I now think will be losses. Just got to lose to the Giants and Cowboys and we should good for the tank.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 01:00 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Agree. I thought even with Burrow we weren't going to beat Pitt and Baltimore. I had the Texans and Dolphins games as 50/50 which I now think will be losses. Just got to lose to the Giants and Cowboys and we should good for the tank.

Tank would imply the team is good enough to win, but is trying to lose. This team is not good enough to win.
Reply/Quote
We arent winning another game as long as ZT is
Head Coach. Look.at his record. It backs up my statement
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 12:27 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I don't like this one bit.  Allen can actually win some games and lower the draft position for next year.

I was thinking that too.. People will say no, but this kid isn't that bad .... I honesty think he might beat the Giants this week.. What happens if he goes on a run? I'm talking 3 to 400 yard passing games and 3 tds a game type stuff?

We can't lose out on that Tackle from Oregon. Then I seen we can get the best guard in the draft too.. Kid from Ohio st..
Reply/Quote
Why the **** was Finley even on this team this year? The coaching staff and organization knew he was TERRIBLE and didn't even think about upgrading him. Just another dumbass decision by this team.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 10:27 AM)pally Wrote: According to Mike Garafalo, Brandon Allen will get the start on Sunday

Then Zac Taylor and Mike Brown and Duck Tobin make no sense.   They #2 QB is suppose to be better than your Practice Squad.  So all this time of Finley suited up in games, working close with the #1 QB,  working close with the coaches, drafting him in Round 4 on 2019,  it is all wasted time.   ALL WASTED TIME.  Something Bengals do excel in, wasting time.   So the #2 QB that they drafted pick 4 in 2019 and have suited up and had ready to go behind Dalton and Burrow, they throw in the towel on that after Finley plays just a little over 1 Quarter of an NFL Game.  They have no plans to let him get starting time practice reps to start.   This is total BS by the Bengals and shows again that this franchise doesn't have a clue.  

To those saying what's wrong with starting Allen.  The answer is Bengals then wasted #4 draft pick and 2 years of having him as the back-up to starter.  These coaches just wasted 2 years and a #4 draft pick that could have been used for more Blocking on the worst O Line in NFL.  All a waste.  

That the Bengals give up on this #4 pick in 2019 so fast,  no preseason, thrown into game in 3rd quarter, then decide not to give him starters practice reps for the next week.  that is so such a waste of 2 years on Taylors part.  I would think a coach would know injuries can happen any time.   I would think a coach drafting a QB as high a 4 and having him suited up as the #2 QB for 2 years would have been either coaching him up, or would have demoted him to #3 before now. 

Way To Go Taylor, you just Wasted 2 years on Finley.  I do NOT blame Finley.  I blame Taylor for drafting him and having him as #2 QB for 2 years and never coaching him up or demoting him down.  I blame Taylor for such a complete waste of 2 years and having no #2 QB to start now, THAT IS TAYLORS FAULT 100 %. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 01:01 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Tank would imply the team is good enough to win, but is trying to lose. This team is not good enough to win.

Agree they’ll lose because they stink. People use the word tank loosely but no players intentionally try to tank. Everyone is fighting for a job, coaches included. Players aren’t going to miss assignments and make themselves look bad and lose money so there team can draft some college kid for a team they might not even be on the following season.
Reply/Quote
Again. to draft Finley in 4th round and have him as #2 QB for 2 years, and then not start him when needed. That is such poor coaching on Taylors part. A complete waste of the #4 draft pick and a waste of 2 years by Taylor. Not coaching up a solid #2 QB is Taylors fault. It is such Poor Coaching......Do you think Paul Brown would have invested 2 years on a #2 QB and then not be able to start him 1 game ???, He Would Not....Paul Brown would have either coached up Finley or demoted him by now....Such poor coaching by Taylor on this back-up situation now.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 01:33 PM)kevin Wrote: Again. to draft Finley in 4th round and have him as #2 QB for 2 years, and then not start him when needed.  That is such poor coaching on Taylors part.  A complete waste of the #4 draft pick and a waste of 2 years by Taylor.   Not coaching up a solid #2 QB is Taylors fault.   It is such Poor Coaching......Do you think Paul Brown would have invested 2 years on a #2 QB and then not be able to start him 1 game ???,  He Would Not....Paul Brown would have either coached up Finley or demoted him by now....Such poor coaching by Taylor on this back-up situation now.

Maybe when he subbed for Dalton last year was really all we needed to see. Then, there was last weeks brief, but lifetime feeling presence that was even worse than his games last year combined.

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 01:33 PM)kevin Wrote: Again. to draft Finley in 4th round and have him as #2 QB for 2 years, and then not start him when needed.  That is such poor coaching on Taylors part.  A complete waste of the #4 draft pick and a waste of 2 years by Taylor.   Not coaching up a solid #2 QB is Taylors fault.   It is such Poor Coaching......Do you think Paul Brown would have invested 2 years on a #2 QB and then not be able to start him 1 game ???,  He Would Not....Paul Brown would have either coached up Finley or demoted him by now....Such poor coaching by Taylor on this back-up situation now.

Oh there's no doubt it's a serious ding on ZT's ability to be a HC. He was absolutely not willing to admit he was wrong on Thinley, a fatal flaw.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 01:19 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Why the **** was Finley even on this team this year? The coaching staff and organization knew he was TERRIBLE and didn't even think about upgrading him. Just another dumbass decision by this team.

THIS...I agree 100 %.....Just Poor Coaching by Taylor not to have a #2 QB coached up and ready to go.  A complete waste of 2 years by Taylor on his #4 pick Finley and after 2 years afraid to start him.  I don't blame Finley, I blame Taylor.   

Something else about Taylor.  He had Dalton throwing almost every play in 2019.   He had Burrow throwing almost every play in 2020.  I heard Boomer Esiason worried about it, and the injury did come.   This isn't the Arena League Taylor.  You throw every play in The NFL and you will get your QB killed.  The Detroit Lions learned that years ago with that throw every play Mouse Offense,  IT DOESN'T WORK.   You lose a lot of QBs throwing every play.  The NFL Defenses will kill your QB if you pass every play.   Burrow injured on a 3rd and 2 with 90 yards to pay dirt in 3rd quarter and Bengals had the lead.  Really, you can't try to run for 2 yards there.  OH NO, Pass every play until you get the QB killed.  That Arena League pass, pass, pass won't cut it in NFL, and not in AFC NORTH. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote