Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Brandon Allen starting?
This is better than Ryanfinley but still bad news.

Brandon Freaking Allen isn't going to experience a sudden 2 inch penis growth and become a manly man starting at QB in this league.

This team lost almost every game with Burrow starting. How anyone thinks we're magically going to ruin a tank by installing Allen is the way I used to think when I used to brush my teeth with Bar Keeper's Friend.

We should lose, but we have to stop looking like assholes at some point. We can't finish out this season scoring 7-13 points a game. Guys like Higgins, Boyd, Bernard, The Intrepid Athletic Wonder Who Didn't Catch in College Because No One Threw Him the Ball and Now We're Seeing Why Drew Small Sample Size and the rest will want to keep putting up some decent numbers and playing competitively. And with the unbelievable bad press we're getting over The Injury, we have to look like a somewhat capable professional team of footballers or no one else will ever sign here.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 11:34 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I would have loved watching Jake D play. We may not have won, but i think the chance for more exciting plays would have been there.

Yeah, they could have ran an offense like the old Techmobowl.  Just have your QB backpedal 20 yards and launch 80 yard bombs..   Cool

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 02:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, they could have ran an offense like the old Techmobowl.  Just have your QB backpedal 20 yards and launch 80 yard bombs..   Cool

That’s the old Jeff Blake offense from the 90’s, too.
Reply/Quote
WhoDey2 Did anybody see Finley last week when JoeB got hurt?
He took his baseball hat off, couldn't find his helmet and literally looked like he was ready to Sick. This is a NFL QB??? I thought #2 QBs were straining and chomping at the bit to play. That kid almost shit his pants.
Shows about ZT's talent evaluation ability.
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 01:19 PM)kevin Wrote: Then Zac Taylor and Mike Brown and Duck Tobin make no sense.   They #2 QB is suppose to be better than your Practice Squad.  So all this time of Finley suited up in games, working close with the #1 QB,  working close with the coaches, drafting him in Round 4 on 2019,  it is all wasted time.   ALL WASTED TIME.  Something Bengals do excel in, wasting time.   So the #2 QB that they drafted pick 4 in 2019 and have suited up and had ready to go behind Dalton and Burrow, they throw in the towel on that after Finley plays just a little over 1 Quarter of an NFL Game.  They have no plans to let him get starting time practice reps to start.   This is total BS by the Bengals and shows again that this franchise doesn't have a clue.  

To those saying what's wrong with starting Allen.  The answer is Bengals then wasted #4 draft pick and 2 years of having him as the back-up to starter.  These coaches just wasted 2 years and a #4 draft pick that could have been used for more Blocking on the worst O Line in NFL.  All a waste.  

That the Bengals give up on this #4 pick in 2019 so fast,  no preseason, thrown into game in 3rd quarter, then decide not to give him starters practice reps for the next week.  that is so such a waste of 2 years on Taylors part.  I would think a coach would know injuries can happen any time.   I would think a coach drafting a QB as high a 4 and having him suited up as the #2 QB for 2 years would have been either coaching him up, or would have demoted him to #3 before now. 

Way To Go Taylor, you just Wasted 2 years on Finley.  I do NOT blame Finley.  I blame Taylor for drafting him and having him as #2 QB for 2 years and never coaching him up or demoting him down.  I blame Taylor for such a complete waste of 2 years and having no #2 QB to start now, THAT IS TAYLORS FAULT 100 %. 

Not defending anyone here....but Finley had a year in the system, which is helpful on the sidelines. Nearly every time I saw Joe on the bench, he and Ryan were talking and looking at their tablets. That's has some value. Allen was brought in because he had some familiarity with Callahan from the Denver days.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 02:17 PM)JSR18 Wrote: WhoDey2 Did anybody see Finley last week when JoeB got hurt?
He took his baseball hat off, couldn't find his helmet and literally looked like he was ready to Sick. This is a NFL QB??? I thought #2 QBs were straining and chomping at the bit to play. That kid almost shit his pants.
Shows about ZT's talent evaluation ability.

It really doesn't, actually.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 01:51 PM)kevin Wrote: THIS...I agree 100 %.....Just Poor Coaching by Taylor not to have a #2 QB coached up and ready to go.  A complete waste of 2 years by Taylor on his #4 pick Finley and after 2 years afraid to start him.  I don't blame Finley, I blame Taylor.   

Something else about Taylor.  He had Dalton throwing almost every play in 2019.   He had Burrow throwing almost every play in 2020.  I heard Boomer Esiason worried about it, and the injury did come.   This isn't the Arena League Taylor.  You throw every play in The NFL and you will get your QB killed.  The Detroit Lions learned that years ago with that throw every play Mouse Offense,  IT DOESN'T WORK.   You lose a lot of QBs throwing every play.  The NFL Defenses will kill your QB if you pass every play.   Burrow injured on a 3rd and 2 with 90 yards to pay dirt in 3rd quarter and Bengals had the lead.  Really, you can't try to run for 2 yards there.  OH NO, Pass every play until you get the QB killed.  That Arena League pass, pass, pass won't cut it in NFL, and not in AFC NORTH. 

Atlanta and Houston both had success with the run n shoot....but then again, they had good QBs. One was a HOFer.

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 02:30 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: It really doesn't, actually.

It really DOES, actually. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 10:41 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Many times I find myself defending Bengal players who are average or above average not because they are great players, but because they are being called "total garbage" or "the worst in the league".  But with Finley I got nothing.  There are 52 QBs who have at least 90 pass attempts since 2019.  Here is how Finley ranks among them

Completion%.....52nd (The only one to complete fewer than 50% of his passes)
Yds/Att.............51st
Sack%..............51st
Passer Rating....50th
Win%...............48th (actually in a five way tie for last in the league at .000%)
TD%................48th
Int%................40th

Even though he only has 97 attempts (50th in league) he did manage to throw a pick 6 in that limited playing time.

And for a final cherry on top, this year Carson Wentz has fumbled more times than any QB in the league.  He fumbles once every 70.3 snaps played.  Finley has fumbled ones every 52 snaps he has played.

And just think, we traded up to get him. Granted it was in the 4th round, but there were some decent players available.

Reply/Quote
We drafted Finley right about where he was projected to go.

It looks bad that we traded up to get him, but I don't have a problem with us using a 4th round pick on him.
Reply/Quote
Starting Allen is a no lose move. We already know Finley is not a good QB, so the worst that hapoens is Allen is trash too.
Reply/Quote
Why should I know who Brandon Allen is? Who'd he get his lil starts for?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 03:38 PM)jason Wrote: Why should I know who Brandon Allen is? Who'd he get his lil starts for?

Denver. 1-2

Reply/Quote
Maybe someone else pointed this out already, I don't know I stopped reading at page 2 as it was getting repetitive that the Bengals failed because this guy was on the P.S. and not the #2...

If I remember correctly, Allen was on the P.S. and not doing things with other QBs as the Covid back-up. I know I read that early in the season.

Is it possible, that Finley wouldn't have been on the roster had Covid not happened? Not excusing the draft pick, but we miss on draft picks every single year. However, everyone saying that if Allen was going to be the #2 why was he on the practice squad and not the back-up... I think the answer to that is simple. Covid.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Allen's 3 starts for Denver:

12-20   60.0   193   2   0   125.6   W
17-39   43.6   240   1   1     61.9   L
10-25   40.0    82    0   0     32.4   L
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 04:12 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Allen's 3 starts for Denver:

12-20   60.0   193   2   0   125.6   W
17-39   43.6   240   1   1     61.9   L
10-25   40.0    82    0   0     32.4   L

Vs Cle.
@ Minn.
@Buffalo

Just for some context.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 12:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't think he can.

He was not very good at Arkansas.  I was shocked to hear he was still in the NFL when we signed him.

That is good to hear.  But knowing the Bengals, "luck"  Allen will turn it on and win out somehow, the coaching staff is saved, and Bengals will be picking 17th in draft... Shocked
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 01:16 PM)impactplaya Wrote: We arent winning another game as long as ZT is
Head Coach. Look.at his record. It backs up my statement

By your logic though, he has won 4 games...Just saying he will win 2 more games next year.. Sad .    
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 01:19 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Why the **** was Finley even on this team this year? The coaching staff and organization knew he was TERRIBLE and didn't even think about upgrading him. Just another dumbass decision by this team.

Finley from my understanding is a mature, cerebral player that has at times looked good in practice.   IN PRACTICE!   
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 02:30 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: It really doesn't, actually.

WhoDey2 No? how so??
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote