Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brandon LaFell
Patriots fans were full of I told you so's after the big drop. Not sure he got any revenge on his own team. He confirmed all the shots they took at him when he left. And they won, so they got last laugh.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
He's been okay, but his hands are meh. He doesn't seem to get much separation and seems to struggle making tight catches.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 09:45 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think LaFell could be doing even better if the Bengals stopped with the stupid 2 receiver sets and spread out the opposition and attacked them.  

They have two big TEs, too, right?  Why not have Kroft and Uzomah on the field with AJ and Lafell?  Single back set.  (Gio, please...and maybe some Rex...because they are adept receivers as well).  Have one of the TEs stay in to block, and send the other out in a pattern.  Gio/Rex available to chip on pass plays, and be outlet receivers.

It just amazes me the conservative nature of this team.  Never change during a game, never attack the opposition...and I have completely given up on uptempo...which Dalton reportedly loved under Hue.  

Groan...
I like the 2 TE idea as well.   And I know he's not as explosive, but I'd use Hewitt and Kroft.  Kroft has reliable hands and decent speed and both he and Kroft are good blockers.  Hewitt knows where to get open as well.  So you have a flexible offense.  Combine that with the no huddle and go to town.  If the O Line ever jells it could be a good dynamic offense.

Look at what happened when the Patriots went to the 2 TE offense in the 2nd half...
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 10:20 AM)Wyche Wrote: It just might be crazy enough to work.  In all seriousness, Dalton seems to be a rhythm QB....gets in a zone if you will.  What better way to achieve that, than the no huddle?  Plus, it gasses the defense.  If Andy is good at it, and it seems to me that he is, why not run more of it?

Yeah it's not crazy.  I'm not dissing Zamp, but one of Andy's strengths is his ability to diagnose at the LOS and call his own plays.

We start to get moving and we sub players, send in a play and disrupt the flow of the offense.   Let Andy call the game from the line with a 2 TE set (with no stupid trick plays) and wear the defense down.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 09:38 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I want to congratulate Brandon LaFell for his terrific touchdown catch against his old team in their house.  That had to be emotionally satisfying for him.  He's really coming into his own as a Bengal and Andy Dalton can rely on him to make crucial receptions now.  I think Brandon has earned his stripes.

Lafell has shown up, really like the guy. Hoping we re-sign him after the season, i think he will only improve here.

That was a nice catch and he is the one guy showing up in the RZ lately.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 12:53 PM)3wt Wrote: I like the 2 TE idea as well.   And I know he's not as explosive, but I'd use Hewitt and Kroft.  Kroft has reliable hands and decent speed and both he and Kroft are good blockers.  Hewitt knows where to get open as well.  So you have a flexible offense.  Combine that with the no huddle and go to town.  If the O Line ever jells it could be a good dynamic offense.

Look at what happened when the Patriots went to the 2 TE offense in the 2nd half...

(10-19-2016, 12:57 PM)3wt Wrote: Yeah it's not crazy.  I'm not dissing Zamp, but one of Andy's strengths is his ability to diagnose at the LOS and call his own plays.

We start to get moving and we sub players, send in a play and disrupt the flow of the offense.   Let Andy call the game from the line with a 2 TE set (with no stupid trick plays) and wear the defense down.

We sure have not seen much of Hewitt for paying him dough in the Offseason. He has better hands than Uzi and
Kroft looked much better against the Pats. I think it would be a good idea to run more of the no huddle with 2 TE
sets and use more TE screens, WR Slant and RB seam routes but i said this last week.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 01:15 AM)jeremydc Wrote: We tend to  pick up vet #2s that rarely produce as we think. Cole/Owens/Bryant come to mind. I'm glad we have  Lafell but he's more of a #3.  But then again, we wanted Tate out. Look how that worked out so far. I guess the grass isn't always greener.

Owens put up some pretty stellar numbers for a #2 WR here.  Comparing him to crap Coles and a guy who didn't even suit up is revisionism at its finest.

(10-19-2016, 10:04 AM)Wyche Wrote: That was the only time we had ANY success in Big D....the no huddle.  Just let KZ hold the clipboard from here on out, Dalton call the game.  It's woefully obvious he's in over his head.

I'm afraid to say that Zampese reminds me of Bratkowski in this regard.  My memory may not be 100% accurate, but I seem to recall our playoff years with Palmer (05 and 09) involving a lot of "Bratkowski-eliminating" no-huddle and 2 minute heroics.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 05:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Owens put up some pretty stellar numbers for a #2 WR here.  Comparing him to crap Coles and a guy who didn't even suit up is revisionism at its finest.

I'm afraid to say that Zampese reminds me of Bratkowski in this regard.  My memory may not be 100% accurate, but I seem to recall our playoff years with Palmer (05 and 09) involving a lot of "Bratkowski-eliminating" no-huddle and 2 minute heroics.

Damn sure were in 09!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 12:57 PM)3wt Wrote: Yeah it's not crazy.  I'm not dissing Zamp, but one of Andy's strengths is his ability to diagnose at the LOS and call his own plays.

Yes, this makes too much sense and so the coaches won't do any of it. I also like the idea from other posters of using 2 TEs and up tempo all day long. Up tempo for 3 and out is not a whole lot worse than 3 and out at normal tempo --run, pass, pass, then punt. Sad
Reply/Quote
I'm all for no huddle, we brought it to the nfl it would only be fitting if we won the Superbowl with it. Because you know they didn't let us actually use it in our last Superbowl.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2016, 03:02 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I'm all for no huddle, we brought it to the nfl it would only be fitting if we won the Superbowl with it. Because you know they didn't let us actually use it in our last Superbowl.

Yep, we did.  Then Marv Leavy pitched a hissy fit over it and tried to get it banned for the AFCCG.  Sam Wyche called the League's bluff by saying he would call Vegas and let the oddsmakers (aka mob) know about how the League was going to effect the outcome of the game by not allowing the Bengals to run their base offense.  The League caved, we ran it and won.  Between Stanlry Wilson's cocaine binge, and Boomer's sore shoulder, the offense just wasn't as effective in the Super Bowl.  The following year, the Bills adapted the no huddle, nicknamed it the K Gun, and stole Wyche's credit.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote