Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brandon LaFell
I want to congratulate Brandon LaFell for his terrific touchdown catch against his old team in their house. That had to be emotionally satisfying for him. He's really coming into his own as a Bengal and Andy Dalton can rely on him to make crucial receptions now. I think Brandon has earned his stripes.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I can get with the optimism, but I hope LaFell isn't too terribly pleased with what went down in NE.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 09:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I can get with the optimism, but I hope LaFell isn't too terribly pleased with what went down in NE.

I'm sure he wanted to win that game more than all the rest of the Bengals combined.  He sure played like it.
Reply/Quote
Good game for BL for sure. Would have loved a better outcome.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 09:38 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That had to be emotionally satisfying for him.

[Image: LindaBrossiMurphyBookClub4w.jpg]

I personally think Blanch was regressing by ignoring her true nature. Renaldo was her true love. He literally could not have been more perfect for her. She was sooo wrong to believe that ***** Brandi. Sooo wrong. Literally could not be more wrong. Literally. Soooo literal. Oh, my God, guys best book ever!!!

Whoa, I blacked out for a minute there. What happened? Last thing I remember I went to talk some sports and the next thing I know I was at book club for middle-aged women talking about emotional satisfaction. Whew. That was weird. But yeah, personally think he wanted to punt that ***** ball right in Belichick's face. Good for him. Letting Jones and Sanu and going cheaper was honestly the best move. He's been just fine.

PS Sorry if this post reads weird. I had some of the devil's lettuce, and reading that sentence just reminded me of women gabbing about women stuff. I know it's weird. No offense to OP. Sorry, for going off on a weird tangent.
Reply/Quote
The receiving core as whole did fine just wish that sack safety didn't happen maybe the result of the game is different had that hadn't happened
Reply/Quote
He alright...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 11:48 PM)jason Wrote: He alright...

He is currently outproducing the #2 reciever on the #1 pass offense. Aka- mo sanu
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 12:08 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: He is currently outproducing the #2 reciever on the #1 pass offense. Aka- mo sanu
Mo Sanu? He alright too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
We tend to pick up vet #2s that rarely produce as we think. Cole/Owens/Bryant come to mind. I'm glad we have Lafell but he's more of a #3. But then again, we wanted Tate out. Look how that worked out so far. I guess the grass isn't always greener.

Reply/Quote
That was a nice catch.....but he straight dropped a crucial deep ball later in the game.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Yep he's doing OK. Sounds like a pro and I can see him and Boyd contributing more as the season goes on - that's assuming Eifert continues to miss games.

Can still see us drafting a couple of WRs next year though..he's only 1 year contract i believe..
Reply/Quote
People hated the signing so therefore they will continue to hate the signing...even while LaFell posts solid numbers without many drops. In reality the guy is doing just fine. Our offensive problems all trace back to the o-line, coaching and no Eifert. 

As much as people want LaFell to be a problem, he just isn't. Boyd is also outproducing Sanu BTW.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I think LaFell could be doing even better if the Bengals stopped with the stupid 2 receiver sets and spread out the opposition and attacked them.

They have two big TEs, too, right? Why not have Kroft and Uzomah on the field with AJ and Lafell? Single back set. (Gio, please...and maybe some Rex...because they are adept receivers as well). Have one of the TEs stay in to block, and send the other out in a pattern. Gio/Rex available to chip on pass plays, and be outlet receivers.

It just amazes me the conservative nature of this team. Never change during a game, never attack the opposition...and I have completely given up on uptempo...which Dalton reportedly loved under Hue.

Groan...
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 09:45 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think LaFell could be doing even better if the Bengals stopped with the stupid 2 receiver sets and spread out the opposition and attacked them.  

They have two big TEs, too, right?  Why not have Kroft and Uzomah on the field with AJ and Lafell?  Single back set.  (Gio, please...and maybe some Rex...because they are adept receivers as well).  Have one of the TEs stay in to block, and send the other out in a pattern.  Gio/Rex available to chip on pass plays, and be outlet receivers.

It just amazes me the conservative nature of this team.  Never change during a game, never attack the opposition...and I have completely given up on uptempo...which Dalton reportedly loved under Hue.  

Groan...

That was the only time we had ANY success in Big D....the no huddle.  Just let KZ hold the clipboard from here on out, Dalton call the game.  It's woefully obvious he's in over his head.

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 10:04 AM)Wyche Wrote: That was the only time we had ANY success in Big D....the no huddle.  Just let KZ hold the clipboard from here on out, Dalton call the game.  It's woefully obvious he's in over his head.

Wait.  That's a really fantastic idea.  Why not hand the play calling over to Andy Dalton for the entire game?  He calls enough audibles that he's probably using less than half of Ken Zampese's original play calls anyway.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 10:17 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Wait.  That's a really fantastic idea.  Why not hand the play calling over to Andy Dalton for the entire game?  He calls enough audibles that he's probably using less than half of Ken Zampese's original play calls anyway.

It just might be crazy enough to work.  In all seriousness, Dalton seems to be a rhythm QB....gets in a zone if you will.  What better way to achieve that, than the no huddle?  Plus, it gasses the defense.  If Andy is good at it, and it seems to me that he is, why not run more of it?

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 10:04 AM)Wyche Wrote: That was the only time we had ANY success in Big D....the no huddle.  Just let KZ hold the clipboard from here on out, Dalton call the game.  It's woefully obvious he's in over his head.

I remember hearing Mark Brunell talk to Boomer after Boomer retired and telling him how his team hated facing him with the combination of the no-huddle and the play-action that the Boom was the master of....Jacksonville went on to own Cincinnati under Brunell for pretty much the rest of his career.

Why allow the opposition to get set, diagnose, and communicate?  If you are afraid of a three-and-out and giving the ball back and forcing your defense to be on the field too long, then you don't belong in coaching.  Fear has no place here.  Be fast, be aggressive, and your defense might actually get to play from a position of being ahead in the game, and they can begin to tee off on the opposition's passing attack.  
Reply/Quote
Good to see Brandon LaFOLD finally start producing.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 10:31 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I remember hearing Mark Brunell talk to Boomer after Boomer retired and telling him how his team hated facing him with the combination of the no-huddle and the play-action that the Boom was the master of....Jacksonville went on to own Cincinnati under Brunell for pretty much the rest of his career.

Why allow the opposition to get set, diagnose, and communicate?  If you are afraid of a three-and-out and giving the ball back and forcing your defense to be on the field too long, then you don't belong in coaching.  Fear has no place here.  Be fast, be aggressive, and your defense might actually get to play from a position of being ahead in the game, and they can begin to tee off on the opposition's passing attack.  

Makes too much sense.....

Reply/Quote