Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Brandon Thompson
Re-signs with Bengals.

Coley Harvey @ColeyHarvey 14m14 minutes ago

Coley Harvey Retweeted Element Sports Group
Another defensive re-signing in the books for the #Bengals. Noted run-stopper will maintain depth on the line. https://twitter.com/element_sports/status/713093969647968257 
Coley Harvey added,
[url=https://twitter.com/element_sports/status/713093969647968257][/url]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
im interested in contract details.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Interesting, didn't see us keeping him with the injury. Probably very cheap though, so decent depth signing.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
Meh. We still need one rounds 1 or 2 imo.

Reply/Quote
It's gotta be a 1 or 2 year deal for the minimum. Nothing more.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
watch

back to back Wide outs...

mark it
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 05:25 PM)Okeana Wrote: im interested in contract details.

i saw it was vet min not sure on # of years... but good depth signing for the rotation still expect a DT in the draft.
Reply/Quote
Forget about a Defensive Tackle before the 4th round. Just won't happen no matter what we all think...they love their mid round DTs such as Atkins, Peko, Sims, Thompson, and Hardison....
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
Yawn, just an insurance body to have around.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Thompson should start the season on PUP so this doesn't effect the roster much until week 8-10.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Thank God they re-added the 4 solo tackles Thompson and Sims each contributed last season.

I really thought once they signed Sims that it was time to say goodbye to Thompson what with the deep DT draft. Maybe just finally get better players there.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 05:38 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: i saw it was vet min not sure on # of years... but good depth signing for the rotation still expect a DT in the draft.

Sure hope so...

Since Thompson is coming off of injury we still might go with a DT.

It would just be such a shame to ignore this class.
Reply/Quote
IR him, put a little money in his pocket, then if we need him mid-season we can activate him. Absolutely nothing wrong with this signing as long as it is the Vet minimum folks are saying.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Agree with the consensus, an ok move as long as it doesn't prohibit us from further investment at the position in the draft.
Reply/Quote
They will take a corner if a good one drops to 24.

Not ruling out two WRs however. Definite possibility depending on who drops.

They could also take a chance on the Notre Dame LB.

Hope we sign Dansby.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 06:45 PM)bengals67 Wrote: They will take a corner if a good one drops to 24.

Not ruling out two WRs however. Definite possibility depending on who drops.

They could also take a chance on the Notre Dame LB.

Hope we sign Dansby.

I normally wouldn't be against that if it weren't for the fact they've already done too much project and long term picks. They need to finally get serious, get people that can help now, and try to make a run for a championship. Their good players are getting older and the window won't stay open for forever.

Can't keep taking 4 year projects like Kirkpatrick, Hunt, Clarke, Dennard, Williams, Still, etc, or guys like Ogbuehi and Fisher who won't be ready until their second or third year.

This draft should be "who can help the Bengals in 2016?"

Reply/Quote
Well, it really helps Brandon Thompson out. I don't see anyone else signing him injured.
Reply/Quote
vet minimum is a quality signing for depth since he knows the system. I still don't think we go DT in round 1 or 2, but this year we have some quality guys in the later rounds.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 05:34 PM)Thefinalcut813 Wrote: watch

back to back Wide outs...

mark it

No reason to draft back to back anything at any position no more, in a perfect world, both of those players develop and find a way to excel, then how do you devote all that money to one position? Or playing time to that position? When it happens, it's never good. IE Whitworth & Smith, Spikes & Simmons, Sanu & Jones, not that all those players were drafted back to back, but you can never just keep both.
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 08:31 PM)Thundercloud Wrote: Well, it really helps Brandon Thompson out.  I don't see anyone else signing him injured.

Kind of how like nobody else was going to sign a suspended Taylor Mays.

(03-24-2016, 09:33 PM)mhbsavant Wrote: No reason to draft back to back anything at any position no more, in a perfect world, both of those players develop and find a way to excel, then how do you devote all that money to one position? Or playing time to that position? When it happens, it's never good. IE Whitworth & Smith, Spikes & Simmons, Sanu & Jones, not that all those players were drafted back to back, but you can never just keep both.

Yes, I am sure that the Jags are really crying over the fact they got both Allen Robinson and Allen Hurns the same year. Worrying about "how do you devote all that money to one position" before they're even drafted is ridiculous. They would have a minimum of 4 years on their rookie deal. So you're worrying about a problem that *IF* it showed up, it wouldn't show up until the 2020 season.

At that point, AJ Green would be a free agent heading into his age 32 season anyway. Chad Johnson was 32 in his last season with the Bengals. 4 seasons prior to that he was coming off a Pro Bowl, All-Pro, and leading the NFL in receiving yards. Declines can happen quick.

As a matter of fact, there is only a single player on the entire team who is under contract for the 2020 season right now, and that's Andy Dalton, who would be a FA the very next year. THAT is the ridiculous scenario you're worrying about. Something 5 years from now. Reminds me of how the Bengals were "saving" cap space for Dalton, Green, and Gresham's extension after the 2011 season. Lol..

Do what you need to in order to win now, worry about the future when it comes. Otherwise you'll never win.

Reply/Quote