Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Braxton Miller=Sanu
Anyone else think Miller would be a good replacement for Sanu? If so how what round are you willing to take him.
Reply/Quote
First off, I really don't much care for threads that say Player X = Player Y. That is BS, each person is an individual, and should be judged on their own particular characteristics. So, with that out of the way, onto Braxton Miller. He's got good size, good speed, amazing agility, reaction, and field awareness. He's still really raw as a pure receiver, and his throwing shoulder is done, that is for sure.

So, I would not gamble on him before the 3rd round. (and I am a true OSU homer Wink )
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Two different players IMO, but,

The earliest would be 2nd but I think there will be others available at that time that I would prefer.

He is 2nd OSU WR on my board anyways right now.
Reply/Quote
Braxton Miller is going to be special. If he is on the board in the second. I would love to have him.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I can see the comparison to Sanu. He's a better runner. Probably not as good of a thrower. Also, likely not nearly the route runner. But he does have more speed so he could be a bit more like Slim.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Not interested in a project WR. They both were qbs at one time, about the only similarities.
Reply/Quote
Dude is a playmaker. Would love to have him if he magically drops in the 2nd
Reply/Quote
3rd or 4th round is where I'd value him, but I expect he may go in the 2nd with this being such a weak WR class.

The simple fact is that he's not ready to come in and start. He couldn't start at WR at OSU last year, so he'll take some time to develop. That's drops him down for me.

Reply/Quote
Braxton Miller = Sanu?

Only if Sanu suddenly became an elite athlete who was fast, had good hands, was elusive, 2-time Big 10 MVP QB, and scared defenses with his ability to take it to the house at any given time.

More like Ryan Whalen = Sanu.

There's a reason why he played WR for all of one year and still is going to go in probably the early 2nd round, while Sanu played three years at WR and went in the second half of the 3rd round.

I'm not even an OSU fanboy and I think this is silly, so I can't wait until the OSU fans who still defend Nugent show up in this thread.... Popcorn

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Miller seems like he would make a good slot receiver, where Sanu was at his best. However, I think Rex Burkhead can play the slot just fine, and what is needed is someone more adept at tracking the deep ball with speed to match. I would hope they would make a run at Mike Wallace for that position, but if it ends up being in the draft I would imagine they might have to go round 1.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't mind Miller at all.    How early will depend on who else falls to the team when they pick.

Sanu's issue was speed and hand size I believe. But he was Rutgers everything guy.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 08:26 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Miller seems like he would make a good slot receiver, where Sanu was at his best.   However, I think Rex Burkhead can play the slot just fine, and what is needed is someone more adept at tracking the deep ball with speed to match.  I would hope they would make a run at Mike Wallace for that position, but if it ends up being in the draft I would imagine they might have to go round 1.

Why would you think Braxton would be a better slot receiver? They need great routes, which is the thing that Braxton needs to work on most since he played WR for all of one year. What Braxton will be is an outside WR and deep threat.

He might be a team's #3 WR, but you can be a #3 who's an outside receiver, just like there's #2 slot receivers. For instance, Chad / Housh / Henry. Henry was the #3, but he was the deep outside threat. Housh moved the chains and made catches over the middle.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 08:48 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Why would you think Braxton would be a better slot receiver? They need great routes, which is the thing that Braxton needs to work on most since he played WR for all of one year. What Braxton will be is an outside WR and deep threat.

He might be a team's #3 WR, but you can be a #3 who's an outside receiver, just like there's #2 slot receivers. For instance, Chad / Housh / Henry. Henry was the #3, but he was the deep outside threat. Housh moved the chains and made catches over the middle.

He ran a crappy 40 at the combine, but made up for it at his pro-day with a 4.3ish 40. I never thought Brax was a burner per se. I thought his acceleration and change of direction is what makes him so special. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 09:24 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: He ran a crappy 40 at the combine, but made up for it at his pro-day with a 4.3ish 40. I never thought Brax was a burner per se. I thought his acceleration and change of direction is what makes him so special. 

Even his "crappy" 4.50 time (that's exactly what AJ Green ran) at the combine is still the NFL equivalent of an eternity ahead of Sanu's 4.67 time and barely slower than Marvin Jones' 4.46 time (he has 10lbs on Jones as a side note).... but yeah, he tore it up on the cone and shuttle drills\ which would be that acceleration and change of direction you're talking about.

But yeah, he turned in 4.33 and 4.36 at the Pro Day, so even if you want to take the middle ground, it's a very respectable 4.42-ish or so.

Just don't see Braxton as a slot WR, or a Sanu replacement. If anything he'd be an outside WR replacement for Jones and your emergency #3 QB on gameday.

Reply/Quote
Miller can't throw. He sucked at throwing before his shoulder injury and now, with that shoulder, he can't throw period.
Reply/Quote
Gadget players aren't worth more then a mid 3rd round pick tops imo. I'd rather go after someone who could be better then Sanu.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 12:42 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Gadget players aren't worth more then a mid 3rd round pick tops imo. I'd rather go after someone who could be better then Sanu.

True, but people feel Miller can be a legit top end WR.  I've seen comparisons to Jeremy Maclin.  In that case, he'd be worth a late 1st rounder or any 2nd.  People rave about his lateral ability and route running, relative to only playing WR for a season.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 09:52 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Even his "crappy" 4.50 time (that's exactly what AJ Green ran) at the combine is still the NFL equivalent of an eternity ahead of Sanu's 4.67 time and barely slower than Marvin Jones' 4.46 time (he has 10lbs on Jones as a side note).... but yeah, he tore it up on the cone and shuttle drills\ which would be that acceleration and change of direction you're talking about.

But yeah, he turned in 4.33 and 4.36 at the Pro Day, so even if you want to take the middle ground, it's a very respectable 4.42-ish or so.

Just don't see Braxton as a slot WR, or a Sanu replacement. If anything he'd be an outside WR replacement for Jones and your emergency #3 QB on gameday.

Oh I don't either. My other knock on him is his injury concerns. He's got a bum throwing shoulder, and a few other misc injuries that could be a red flag. 

I love Brax (actually my favorite Buckeye), but I just don't think I'd feel comfortable as an NFL coach to take him in the first two rounds with how raw his is. Exceptional talent, just no where near the experience to play a very difficult position. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
I think Braxton might be like Joshua Cribbs. Otherwise, too much risk we can't afford to take at wide receiver this year.

And I went to OSU.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 02:38 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Oh I don't either. My other knock on him is his injury concerns. He's got a bum throwing shoulder, and a few other misc injuries that could be a red flag. 

I love Brax (actually my favorite Buckeye), but I just don't think I'd feel comfortable as an NFL coach to take him in the first two rounds with how raw his is. Exceptional talent, just no where near the experience to play a very difficult position. 

I don't know. I might be okay with it if he were available in the 2nd, but yeah, certainly a bit of a risk.

Really I just wanted to make sure someone pointed out how ridiculous the Braxton = Sanu comparison was. Lol

Reply/Quote