Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking: Only Scouts at Prodays
Coaches being pulled from travel and attendance league wide.

This is horrific news for the Bengals as there is only 1 scout that can not possibly get to all of the prodays.

We'll see how the Bengal FO adapts.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2020, 12:33 PM)jj22 Wrote: Coaches being pulled from travel  and attendance league wide.

This is horrific news for the Bengals as there is only 1 scout that can not possibly get to all of the prodays.

No need. Bengals can just read online scouting reports and watch YouTube videos  Hilarious
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I don't think there is actually a rule against coaches attending. Some teams are just choosing to do that.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2020, 12:33 PM)jj22 Wrote: Coaches being pulled from travel  and attendance league wide.

luckily, the coaches had a chance to work with many of these players at the Senior Bowl.  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

wouldn't pro days be cancelled as well?   more time for the scouts to watch film.

Plus at this rate   Free agency and the Draft are gonna be delayed as well.
Reply/Quote
It won’t matter to them much. They’ll still use the published draft guides and oujia board they always have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Not seeing this anywhere, only that some teams have made that decision.
Reply/Quote
All this panic over a flu bug.
Reply/Quote
this spreads far quicker and has a higher fatality rate than the Flu.

Downplaying it is how we got where we are today.

If we would have taken it seriously in December our path wouldn't be on the same trajectory as Italy's.

Now we are facing the possibility of pushing back free agency, cancelling the draft, and pushing back the start of the NFL season.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2020, 01:44 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: All this panic over a flu bug.

It's not the flu.
The mortality rate is far higher than that of the flu, but fewer people are getting it compared to the flu (so far).
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2020, 02:14 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It's not the flu.
The mortality rate is far higher than that of the flu, but fewer people are getting it compared to the flu (so far).

They really don't know the mortality rate because there is no way to know how many people had mild symptoms and never went to the doctor. Each undiagnosed case who recovers without being tested skews the numbers.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2020, 02:19 PM)Sled21 Wrote: They really don't know the mortality rate because there is no way to know how many people had mild symptoms and never went to the doctor. Each diagnosed case who recovers without being tested skews the numbers.

That's fair, but you can only go off what's reported.
I think it'd be unfair to say that the actual number who have it is actually, for example, double without having a way to prove that.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
30,000 Americans die every year of the flu. Highly doubt this even hits this.

60 million Americans were infected with the swine flu in 2009-2010.

When did the last American even die of this covid19? Last week? How many died of the flu in this time?
Reply/Quote
I think it's a bunch of BS. I'm not worried one bit, not stocking up on toilet paper, water or cleaning products. People are morons
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2020, 01:44 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: All this panic over a flu bug.

It's a contagious virus with a higher mortality rate than the normal flu, and there's no vaccine. It's already caused serious, quantifiable damage in other countries, and it's basically brought Italy to its knees.

Call it an over dramatic response all you want.  But certified experts in the field are outright telling us that this is going to get worse before it gets better.  I'd say their opinion on the subject holds weight.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2020, 02:45 PM)Big Boss Wrote: It's a contagious virus with a higher mortality rate than the normal flu, and there's no vaccine.  It's already caused serious, quantifiable damage in other countries, and it's basically brought Italy to its knees.

Call it an over dramatic response all you want.  But certified experts in the field are outright telling us that this is going to get worse before it gets better.  I'd say their opinion on the subject holds weight.

I have heard the exact opposite on the mortality rate.

How many Americans died from the coronavirus last week?

How many Americans died from the flu last week?

I bet more Americans died from the flu. You just don't hear about it.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2020, 02:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I have heard the exact opposite on the mortality rate.

How many Americans died from the coronavirus last week?

How many Americans died from the flu last week?

I bet more Americans died from the flu. You just don't hear about it.

Odd, everything I've read has stressed that this strain has demonstrated a higher mortality rate thus far.  I'd start linking to articles, but I don't want this discussion to devolve into us bickering over what sites are and are not deemed reputable.

Again, there's no vaccine for this one, so you literally have no choice but to ride it out. And while I might get infected and display mild symptoms, the person I infect may not be so lucky. It's not just a matter of keeping yourself safe. It's keeping others safe too. It's a contagious disease so there is a literal domino effect. I do think some people are going to extremes, but I also think there is wisdom in treating the situation seriously and exercising more caution. We have multiple medical experts stressing as much.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2020, 02:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: 30,000 Americans die every year of the flu. Highly doubt this even hits this.

60 million Americans were infected with the swine flu in 2009-2010.

When did the last American even die of this covid19? Last week? How many died of the flu in this time?

You're not going to see a huge spike in deaths unless a retirement home gets hit (Washington) again. From what I've read, most of the deaths in China came from older people who had past history medical problems/life time smokers.

It's smart to go about our days as normal because hoarding cleaning supplies and food will only make it worse nationally and internationally for those who can't afford to take off work and line up at stores with flat beds ready to clean house.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2020, 02:57 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Odd, everything I've read has stressed that this strain has demonstrated a higher mortality rate thus far.  I'd start linking to articles, but I don't want this discussion to devolve into us bickering over what sites are and are not deemed reputable.

Again, there's no vaccine for this one, so you literally have no choice but to ride it out.  And while I might get infected and display mild symptoms, the person I infect may not be so lucky.  It's not just a matter of keeping yourself safe.  It's keeping others safe too.  It's a contagious disease so there is a literal domino effect.  I do think some people are going to extremes, but I also think there is wisdom in treating the situation seriously and exercising more caution.  We have multiple medical experts stressing as much.

Completely agree. The problem is when some idiot goes on TV acting like an expert and says the mortality rate is ten times
that of the flu which is a complete and utter lie, this is politicizing this and these people should be ashamed of themselves.

(03-12-2020, 03:00 PM)Takedown Wrote: You're not going to see a huge spike in deaths unless a retirement home gets hit (Washington) again. From what I've read, most of the deaths in China came from older people who had past history medical problems/life time smokers.

It's smart to go about our days as normal because hoarding cleaning supplies and food will only make it worse nationally and internationally for those who can't afford to take off work and line up at stores with flat beds ready to clean house.

True, good thing I already stock up but do it routinely. 
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2020, 03:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Completely agree. The problem is when some idiot goes on TV acting like an expert and says the mortality rate is ten times
that of the flu which is a complete and utter lie, this is politicizing this and these people should be ashamed of themselves.

True, good thing I already stock up but do it routinely. 

It's smart to routinely keep stock. All of the clowns who laugh when they find out you keep a stock in case of emergencies are the one's cleaning out Costco's and Sam's Clubs right now. And when this crap passes (it will pass coincidentally after election time), they will go back to their happy go lucky lives and act like they never feared the virus lol.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote