Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bright Side Today (posted after Steeler loss)
We moved one step closer to 2nd pick of the draft. After watching our coach quit with 8 minutes to go in the game, we learned a lot about ZT. The Steelers would never had run the ball over and over again against the 2nd string Steeler defense, they would have tried to get momentum for Joe and the WR's.

Yes, I know the game was over, but garbage time TD's do build momentum for next week,

ZT lacks the toughness to compete against the AFCN. He has to go.

Next week we play the Washington football team. Do you want us to win or play for draft pick position. A win puts is in the teens, a loss puts us in the top 5 more than likely.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Nice post. The last drive before the end of the 3rd quarter was the worst 3 and out I've ever seen. Burrow's getting an "I don't give a F***" look in his eyes. Not good.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
I said in the gameday thread, there was a point late in the 4th quarter where Zach was sitting next to Burrow looking at his clipboard/monitor trying to figure things out. Burrow is next to him just shaking his head. Should be a gif or meme or whatever. Zach should be done. He doesn't have a clue how to coach against the top coaches.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals currently hold the #7 draft spot. I don't see them getting all the way to the second spot. The Jets and Jags seem to be on the path to the top 2 spots. Now, I rooted for the #1 pick last year. The Bengals went out and shocked us with free agency and had a good draft so I am rooting for them to win, but we're basically at a point where I won't be sad if they lose if it leads to some major coaching changes. At minimum, the defensive staff needs a major overhaul.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 02:27 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: The Bengals currently hold the #7 draft spot. I don't see them getting all the way to the second spot. The Jets and Jags seem to be on the path to the top 2 spots. Now, I rooted for the #1 pick last year. The Bengals went out and shocked us with free agency and had a good draft so I am rooting for them to win, but we're basically at a point where I won't be sad if they lose if it leads to some major coaching changes. At minimum, the defensive staff needs a major overhaul.

True, Jags are one of the teams that could get 2nd round pick. But a bunch of teams at 2-7 now, one the Chargers plays the Jets so someone wins that game. We play Skins this week and Dallas later.

My point is if we lose out, we are guaranteed a top 5 pick. Only Jets, Jags and Texans could have worse record. Texans would only need 1 win for us to be #3 which is a great draft position.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 10:56 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: True, Jags are one of the teams that could get 2nd round pick. But a bunch of teams at 2-7 now, one the Chargers plays the Jets so someone wins that game. We play Skins this week and Dallas later.

My point is if we lose out, we are guaranteed a top 5 pick. Only Jets, Jags and Texans could have worse record. Texans would only need 1 win for us to be #3 which is a great draft position.

We are absolutely NOT losing out and **** that; the rest of the games on the sched are all winnable (though the Stoolers game will be tricky); I want this team to move forward, not back: we all know Zac's going nowhere, so sit down, shut up and deal with it (the last bit, not directed at you Luvnit).
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
We'll have a much better idea after the next 2 weeks. If they cannot muster a win vs Wash or G-Men, we may have a real shot at picking top 5.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 11:11 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: We are absolutely NOT losing out and **** that; the rest of the games on the sched are all winnable (though the Stoolers game will be tricky); I want this team to move forward, not back: we all know Zac's going nowhere, so sit down, shut up and deal with it (the last bit, not directed at you Luvnit).

Yea, I don't see them losing out either. I'm guessing 2 more wins. What do you think?
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 02:24 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I said in the gameday thread, there was a point late in the 4th quarter where Zach was sitting next to Burrow looking at his clipboard/monitor trying to figure things out. Burrow is next to him just shaking his head. Should be a gif or meme or whatever. Zach should be done. He doesn't have a clue how to coach against the top coaches.

Burrow was shaking his head because he badly missed many throws in the second half.  He had a bad day, and that's gonna happen.  Zac should not be done, we need to collectively temper our absolutely wild expectations.  We picked first overall this year for a reason.  Burrow is the man, but he can't be the only one.  And given the line play I've seen these last few games, I'd almost prefer (if we pick that high) to get either a defense end or even a WR.  
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 11:15 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Yea, I don't see them losing out either. I'm guessing 2 more wins. What do you think?

I can't see them not beating the NFC-East; WFT will be the only team that will have any chance, IMO, simply because they have a pass rush that is fearsome (though, they lost Kerrigan and our Oline has stepped up, despite being patchwork), but the Giants are awful and the 'boys are far-beyond cooked for this year.

So 3 for sure and I also see a win against either Miami or Houston; Miami will be tricky, but again, it is a winnable game.

Thus, I can see us ending off 6-9-1; I think that's fair.

Then build on that for next year, have a good draft and we'll go from there.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 11:11 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: We are absolutely NOT losing out and **** that; the rest of the games on the sched are all winnable (though the Stoolers game will be tricky); I want this team to move forward, not back: we all know Zac's going nowhere, so sit down, shut up and deal with it (the last bit, not directed at you Luvnit).

I know we have a very weak schedule the rest of the way. We have 2 tough games and likely Ravens are resting players last game of year. so 1 tough game, the Steelers.

We should go 5-2 or 6-1 the back end, but sadly, I don't think our head coach has it in him, like I said in other threads, the AFCN needs tough mentality type coaches, ZT showed us yesterday he is polar opposite, just handing the ball off the last 8 minutes of the game, most of it against their 2nd string defense. 

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 11:19 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I can't see them not beating the NFC-East; WFT will be the only team that will have any chance, IMO, simply because they have a pass rush that is fearsome (though, they lost Kerrigan and our Oline has stepped up, despite being patchwork), but the Giants are awful and the 'boys are far-beyond cooked for this year.

So 3 for sure and I also see a win against either Miami or Houston; Miami will be tricky, but again, it is a winnable game.

Thus, I can see us ending off 6-9-1; I think that's fair.

Then build on that for next year, have a good draft and we'll go from there.

That's fair. The G-Men did beat them twice, so I think depending on which version of Danny-Dime shows up that may be the tougher game. And we do play Wash on the road, which seems like we struggle at. I think we split that, and split a game vs Boys and Phins (betting we beat Boys), and beat the Texans (tho it seems they have our number, why I am really on the edge with this game). So 5-10-1 is my guesstimate 
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 11:19 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: but the Giants are awful

They just beat a team that we tied. They also have 3 wins to our 2.

If they're "awful" then what are we?
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 11:35 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: They just beat a team that we tied. They also have 3 wins to our 2.

God Awful
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 02:27 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: The Bengals currently hold the #7 draft spot. I don't see them getting all the way to the second spot. The Jets and Jags seem to be on the path to the top 2 spots. Now, I rooted for the #1 pick last year. The Bengals went out and shocked us with free agency and had a good draft so I am rooting for them to win, but we're basically at a point where I won't be sad if they lose if it leads to some major coaching changes. At minimum, the defensive staff needs a major overhaul.

Jets and Jags go QB, I think.
If the Bengals want to really protect Burrow, they should want the 3rd overall pick for Penei Sewell.
If Sewell is gone, I can really see the Bengals wanting to get Chase to replace Green even though they already have Boyd and Higgins.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 11:35 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: They just beat a team that we tied. They also have 3 wins to our 2.

Relevance?

1. Giants were at home (I know, no crowds. Still makes a difference).
2. We were on the road.
3. They were significantly-more injured than when they played us.
4. Most-importantly, WE AREN'T THE EAGLES.

You can play the, "well, we beat the team they lost to, so we're better," game as much as you want, but it means nothing until you actually play the game.

(11-16-2020, 11:40 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: God Awful

No we're not; far from it.

(11-16-2020, 11:42 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Jets and Jags go QB, I think.
If the Bengals want to really protect Burrow, they should want the 3rd overall pick for Penei Sewell.
If Sewell is gone, I can really see the Bengals wanting to get Chase to replace Green even though they already have Boyd and Higgins.

Leatherwood.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 01:24 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: We moved one step closer to 2nd pick of the draft. After watching our coach quit with 8 minutes to go in the game, we learned a lot about ZT. The Steelers would never had run the ball over and over again against the 2nd string Steeler defense, they would have tried to get momentum for Joe and the WR's.

Yes, I know the game was over, but garbage time TD's do build momentum for next week,

ZT lacks the toughness to compete against the AFCN. He has to go.

Next week we play the Washington football team. Do you want us to win or play for draft pick position. A won puts is in the teens, a loss puts us in the top 5 more than likely.

You really did not watch the two of three series in the 4th.. We took the ball over around 10 minute mark down 36-7.. Burrow went 0-2 passing and on 4th down we did a fake punt and then after a 1st down run.. we went run, sack, incomplete and then field goal.  The last series was run to end the beating by the Steelers.  So to recap Burrow attempted to throw 4 throws in those early 4th quarter series.. had three incompletes and a sack..  so i guess from your standard of quitting  could question Burrow effort since he was off 4th quarter.. do you think he was playing for a higher draft pick ?
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 11:58 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: You really did not watch the two of three series in the 4th.. We took the ball over around 10 minute mark down 36-7.. Burrow went 0-2 passing and on 4th down we did a fake punt and then after a 1st down run.. we went run, sack, incomplete and then field goal.  The last series was run to end the beating by the Steelers.  So to recap Burrow attempted to throw 4 throws in those early 4th quarter series.. had three incompletes and a sack..  so i guess from your standard of quitting  could question Burrow effort since he was off 4th quarter.. do you think he was playing for a higher draft pick ?

All I know when a team puts in their second string, it is time to get back some redemption. It was stupid Joe just handing the ball off with 5 minutes to go in the game. It is a mindset, as a player he told he players he quit so why should they run through a wall for ZT next game.

Reply/Quote
I think 6-10 would be a win for the team regardless of who they beat. I don’t think they beat Miami since there coaching staff has a better idea of how to coach. 5-10-1 would still be a successful season. You want to double your win total from last year when you have #1 or 2 pick the year before to show improvement. I think they can get 4 and maybe 5 or 6.

Hate Zac all you want, but I think he gets another year.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 11:35 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: They just beat a team that we tied.  They also have 3 wins to our 2.

If thats the case why didn't we beat the Colts? They lost to Jacksonville and we beat Jacksonville. 
Reply/Quote