Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bright side / silver lining
At least your OL didn’t end Burrow’s career. Let’s hope your first class organization drafts well.
Reply/Quote
Free agency is my preference. Lots of cash to spend. Should have signed a guard instead of trae waynes, but live and learn. We’ll be better next year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
One bright spot is that’s the last time Burrow is behind that OL. Next time he takes the field he should have some guys who can block in front of him.
Reply/Quote
The organization seems to have been negligent in not protecting its franchise guy. You all know about the off-season goings on way better than me. If you draft "THE" guy, why would you not surround him with an impenetrable fortress?  

It's a miracle Joe survived this season.
Reply/Quote
You'd like to think Burrow spends a lot of time in the offseason telling Zac that he needs a better OL. And with the season we've had, you'd imagine the franchise listens.

Definitely prefer doing it via FA. Our draft attempts at fixing the line were not good.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:41 AM)tBengal Wrote: One bright spot is that’s the last time Burrow is behind that OL. Next time he takes the field he should have some guys who can block in front of him.

Why did he not have that from day one? The organization has been negligent in protecting the one guy that has to be protected at all cost.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:39 AM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: At least your OL didn’t end Burrow’s career. Let’s hope your first class organization drafts well.

hopefully they upgrade 3 positions on the offensive and hopefully burrow knocks it off with the cocky stuff. it looks silly after a game like this. just go out and play and win games. 
Reply/Quote
We are two TDs better than the Rams with a average to good offensive line. Our line is simply offensive.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:48 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: You'd like to think Burrow spends a lot of time in the offseason telling Zac that he needs a better OL. And with the season we've had, you'd imagine the franchise listens.

Definitely prefer doing it via FA. Our draft attempts at fixing the line were not good.

didn't burrow want chase over oline?
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:50 AM)Tiger Blood Wrote: hopefully they upgrade 3 positions on the offensive and hopefully burrow knocks it off with the cocky stuff. it looks silly after a game like this. just go out and play and win games. 

I'm sure this humbled him.. He's still quite young..  Hell, he still gets pimples! I haven't had a zit for 30 years..maybe longer.. LOL 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:52 AM)Tiger Blood Wrote: didn't burrow want chase over oline?

Couldn't they have had Chase AND bought an offensive lineman with Mike's money?  Again, you guys know about such things more than I do.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:52 AM)Tiger Blood Wrote: didn't burrow want chase over oline?

Almost certainly, but I feel he was very vindicated in that call. Absolutely nobody thought we were a Superbowl primed team this year. Get Burrow his favourite receiver, and sort the protection down the line. 
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:48 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: You'd like to think Burrow spends a lot of time in the offseason telling Zac that he needs a better OL. And with the season we've had, you'd imagine the franchise listens.

I prefer doing it FA also because no o-line player comes right in and plays to the level of where they are drafted.  O-line draft picks are much more developmental than skill positions.
Reply/Quote
That OL actually played one of their better games tonight (in the first half) considering who they were up against...

I will honestly be shocked of this is not the biggest area of concern during the off season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:41 AM)tBengal Wrote: One bright spot is that’s the last time Burrow is behind that OL. Next time he takes the field he should have some guys who can block in front of him.

I have a set of chairs he can use.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote

Yeah, that's what we thought last year... then they added an old injury prone RT in Reiff and called it a day, running out basically the exact same guys otherwise.

Williams, Spain, Hopkins, and Adeniji all started the Washington game in 2020.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:26 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yeah, that's what we thought last year... then they added an old injury prone RT in Reiff and called it a day, running out basically the exact same guys otherwise.

Williams, Spain, Hopkins, and Adeniji all started the Washington game in 2020.

But next year we'll have  Carmen play his "natural" RT position and he'll be a HOFER. Just like Ogbughei when he went to his natural LT position.

HUEHUEHUEHEU
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:50 AM)Tiger Blood Wrote: hopefully they upgrade 3 positions on the offensive and hopefully burrow knocks it off with the cocky stuff. it looks silly after a game like this. just go out and play and win games. 

I think Burrow is popular enough that the whole "funny dress up and cockiness" stuff doesn't get thrown back on him, but he probably will scale it back a bit.  I mean, the guy took a cursed franchise and a way under .500 HC to the SB in his first full year as a starter, though so I can see why he's pretty smug.

With that being said, he's a little too close to the Cam Newton or Ryan Fitzpatrick vibe with that sort of thing at the moment.  Stuff like this doesn't get on my nerves, but as you said it can look a little silly when you come up short.  It's been a fun year though, and it's all felt like playing with house money so I can see why the players cut loose.

We are no longer a lovable loser with good luck and an under the radar team with a 4th place schedule....we're the top of the AFC and we have a 1st place schedule, a target on our backs, and fans expecting a SB win in 2022.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:32 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: But next year we'll have  Carmen play his "natural" RT position and he'll be a HOFER. Just like Ogbughei when he went to his natural LT position.

HUEHUEHUEHEU

Why do you think they will move Carmen back to RT. He spent this entire year learning RG.  The plan was always for him to play RG from the time Mike Brown made us take him (over Cosmi, Creed and others and who drafts a linemen needing back surgery?)

Im cheering for him now, but Im not sure he's good enough for RT?
Reply/Quote
This was their chance, and they choked it away - including Burrow who in the first half had time and did nothing with it. If he is really "that guy" he FINDS A WAY to make the play when needed most. He didn't and the team didn't. So we're back to the usual Bengal refrain of Wait Till Next Year. And we know how this franchise responds to Wait Till Next Year...
Reply/Quote