Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bright side / silver lining
(02-14-2022, 01:38 AM)Joelist Wrote: This was their chance, and they choked it away - including Burrow who in the first half had time and did nothing with it. If he is really "that guy" he FINDS A WAY to make the play when needed most. He didn't and the team didn't. So we're back to the usual Bengal refrain of Wait Till Next Year. And we know how this franchise responds to Wait Till Next Year...

That is a shitty take. I wish it wasn't true. Joe was definitely rattled.  RG and RT couldnt start for Bama. 
Zac called a horrible 2nd half. The PI on Wilson was awful. 
Hargraves running on the filed and Paris throwing a punch in the SB are massive red flags oif stupidity.
Reply/Quote
I thought Hopkins did a decent job.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:38 AM)Joelist Wrote: This was their chance, and they choked it away - including Burrow who in the first half had time and did nothing with it. If he is really "that guy" he FINDS A WAY to make the play when needed most. He didn't and the team didn't. So we're back to the usual Bengal refrain of Wait Till Next Year. And we know how this franchise responds to Wait Till Next Year...

I know it's football, and I know the other teams have highly played players and coaches...but, this team is too consistent in coming out slowly and depending on the late 2nd quarter and early 3rd quarter to be enough to win the whole game.  

I really thought Burrow was going to have his own curse-breaking "Joe Montana with too much time left" moment and when it looked like the Bengals were easily within FG range to send it to OT due to the Rams botching the XP, he'd just outright score a TD and end it all.  So it goes.  Maybe next year we just flat-out steamroll the team we play in the SB and that is the highlight of our lives a year later than we had hoped. 
Reply/Quote
You gotta think they use that cap space and draft capital to fix the line. No one gave us a chance in hell, we lost by three. Helluva game. Great season.....hope we get another shot. If not... I've seen another awesome run one more time. I was 12 the last time. Bittersweet

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:51 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: You gotta think they use that cap space and draft capital to fix the line. No one gave us a chance in hell, we lost by three. Helluva game. Great season.....hope we get another shot. If not... I've seen another awesome run one more time. I was 12 the last time. Bittersweet

You’ve been a fan long enough to realize who runs the front office here
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:54 AM)Billy_Bengal Wrote: You’ve been a fan long enough to realize who runs the front office here

I hear ya.....a quarter billion the last two seasons on defense points to a potential change. All we can do is trust. If not, well, I'll be dead by the next one....you ****ers hold down the fort!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote