Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bring Back Jay Gruden for Head Coach
1. Knows the “Bengal” way
2. Works very well with young QB’s
3. Offense was very potent when he was the Bengals coordinator
4. Not wet behind the ears like ZT. He has experience and a network of other assistant coaches who are better than the trash we have
5. Did a decent job with a difficult situation at Washington
6. We need a change

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Not my first choice, but I wouldn’t be against it. That 2013 offense was pretty damn good.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
As OC or HC?
Reply/Quote
I think he would be a way better option than Zac but in Washington he was caught...

1. Banging a players girlfriend
2. Accused of drinking/partying a lot

Needless to say You can’t have that out of the HC leading a team.

I saw first hand his “drinking prowess” in Nashville several years back as he was hammered on Broadway at 3am, the night before the game.

Don’t get me wrong I love a good party but I want the guy leading my team to be a little more under control
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 10:06 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: 1.  Knows the “Bengal” way
2.  Works very well with young QB’s
3.  Offense was very potent when he was the Bengals coordinator
4.  Not wet behind the ears like ZT.  He has experience and a network of other assistant coaches who are better than the trash we have
5.  Did a decent job with a difficult situation at Washington
6.  We need a change

Probably about the only "experienced" coach they could get. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Hell ***** no!
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 11:30 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Probably about the only "experienced" coach they could get. 

I’m sure they could get Hue...

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 11:28 PM)corpjet Wrote: I think he would be a way better option than Zac but in Washington he was caught...

1.  Banging a players girlfriend
2.  Accused of drinking/partying a lot

I saw first hand his “drinking prowess” in Nashville several years back as he was hammered on Broadway at 3am, the night before the game.

Don’t get me wrong I love a good party but I want the guy leading my team to be a little more under control

The night before a game?  Really?
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 11:28 PM)corpjet Wrote: I think he would be a way better option than Zac but in Washington he was caught...

1.  Banging a players girlfriend
2.  Accused of drinking/partying a lot

(12-07-2020, 11:37 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: The night before a game?  Really?

The bigger question... did he win?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I say go Rex Ryan bring some personality and life in to the team. He got the Jets to the AFC Championship with Sanchez. I don't think it would be a bad fit.
Reply/Quote
I'd rather have other coaches, but there were reports that MB really liked Jay. If Taylor goes, I'd imagine Jay and Guenther would be at the top of the list for the Bengals. Now, there are better guys out there.

Jay couldn't succeed in Wash DC and I look at the Redskins situation similar to the Bengals as their owner is the GM.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 12:06 AM)cincyfan429 Wrote: I say go Rex Ryan bring some personality and life in to the team. He got the Jets to the AFC Championship with Sanchez. I don't think it would be a bad fit.

I don't think there's any world where Rex Ryan and Mike Brown could coexist in the same room for more than 5 minutes. 
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 01:03 AM)TheFan Wrote: I don't think there's any world where Rex Ryan and Mike Brown could coexist in the same room for more than 5 minutes. 

Same with Zimmer. I see the board fantacizes about that. No way would Zimmer meet with Bengals Management every day and go along with what they wanted.
Reply/Quote
Wouldnt be opposed to this at all.
Reply/Quote
No
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
4.  Not wet behind the ears like ZT.  He has experience and a network of other assistant coaches who are better than the trash we have
6.  We need a change

Simmons, Gruden, Marvin, hell... Hue. ZIMMER.... Any of it is better than this. 

I am not upset at the Bengals for trying a new coach, but I'll be furious if they continue down this road.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 12:06 AM)cincyfan429 Wrote: I say go Rex Ryan bring some personality and life in to the team. He got the Jets to the AFC Championship with Sanchez. I don't think it would be a bad fit.

Not sure if serious?  

Are we just throwing out names of castoffs who haven't made it just to feel better if the team fires Zac and we get someone we're not excited about?  

Ryan was a train wreck in the past.  Why would we bring him here?  Gruden was a solid OC but has shown nothing that would make me want to bring him as HC.  Harbaugh was a pretty great bridge-burner in SF and I think he'd butt heads too much with the Brown clan. 

My first pick would be to bring a GM and let him guide the team, including the coaches.  Guys like Eberflus intrigue me, but he also worries me without having that head-of-the-room position up to this point.  Joe Brady is one of the sexy picks because of his Burrow connection, but the same lack of experience being the big boss worries me.  

If they're going to go the unproven route, I'd be me curious to explore the college scene honestly.  Some of those guys are master jugglers when it comes to leading a program and dealing with all of the other nonsense that surrounds a college program.  I worry less about their leadership skills than I do from some of these coordinators people want to bring in to lead a team.  Being an offensive or defensive guru means nothing when it comes to being a leader, or hiring the best talent to fill in the coach's room or the side of the ball they're not as passionate about in the draft and FA (just look at the list of coordinators who became "failed" HCs who are now successful coordinators again.  One skill set does not necessarily equate to the other).  

If we're going with a HC re-tread, I would be okay with Garret, Caldwell.  

Honestly, I just don't think a HC can succeed alone without a solid team of coaches and FO around him.  A GM goes a long way and so do solid coordinators.  The HC with the best connections is most likely bring in a solid team of coordinators and position coaches (an example of how lousy Zac's connections must be...).  And a GM to go to bat for him in the draft and FA with the FO so he can focus on running the personnel he does have.  At this point I think I'd be happier pulling in a GM, even if it meant a no-name HC, simply because I think the GM could guide a HC better than the HC being on an island in his own head, like Taylor. 
Reply/Quote
Rex Ryan was a “train wreck” (back-to-back AFC championship games) but you want Jason Garrett? Guy was as mediocre as they come, and couldn’t get some really good Dallas teams over the hump. He was basically the NFC Marvin Lewis.

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 01:32 AM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Not sure if serious?  

Are we just throwing out names of castoffs who haven't made it just to feel better if the team fires Zac and we get someone we're not excited about?  

Ryan was a train wreck in the past.  Why would we bring him here?  Gruden was a solid OC but has shown nothing that would make me want to bring him as HC.  Harbaugh was a pretty great bridge-burner in SF and I think he'd butt heads too much with the Brown clan. 

My first pick would be to bring a GM and let him guide the team, including the coaches.  Guys like Eberflus intrigue me, but he also worries me without having that head-of-the-room position up to this point.  Joe Brady is one of the sexy picks because of his Burrow connection, but the same lack of experience being the big boss worries me.  

If they're going to go the unproven route, I'd be me curious to explore the college scene honestly.  Some of those guys are master jugglers when it comes to leading a program and dealing with all of the other nonsense that surrounds a college program.  I worry less about their leadership skills than I do from some of these coordinators people want to bring in to lead a team.  Being an offensive or defensive guru means nothing when it comes to being a leader, or hiring the best talent to fill in the coach's room or the side of the ball they're not as passionate about in the draft and FA (just look at the list of coordinators who became "failed" HCs who are now successful coordinators again.  One skill set does not necessarily equate to the other).  

If we're going with a HC re-tread, I would be okay with Garret, Caldwell.  

Honestly, I just don't think a HC can succeed alone without a solid team of coaches and FO around him.  A GM goes a long way and so do solid coordinators.  The HC with the best connections is most likely bring in a solid team of coordinators and position coaches (an example of how lousy Zac's connections must be...).  And a GM to go to bat for him in the draft and FA with the FO so he can focus on running the personnel he does have.  At this point I think I'd be happier pulling in a GM, even if it meant a no-name HC, simply because I think the GM could guide a HC better than the HC being on an island in his own head, like Taylor. 

Nice post. To succeed here, we need a dominant coach that can come in and establish a culture. That said, the Bengals Management seems to value coaches that go with the flow and interact well with them.

A guy like Flores in Miami may not have got hired here for instance.
Reply/Quote
6.  We need a change

Why would you want someone who knows " The Bengal Way"?? Isn't that what we are trying to change???
Reply/Quote