Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Britney Griner Released In Prisoner Swap
(12-08-2022, 03:51 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Yeah, that's another thing that no one has mentioned..........

PissedPissedPissedPissedPissedPissed

I would also add they irrationally blame Trump for all problems, past and present, regardless of how illogical it may be. 

To be fair it didn’t seem like TDS in that post I just found it funny.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2022, 03:45 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: She broke their laws, knowingly or not. And you can't compare the punishment she would or wouldn't have received in America to what she received in Russia because, once you leave America and go over there, it's their rules. 

And it's not about overpaying, it's about endangering other American lives to bring home a woman that broke another country's laws and was rightfully punished.
I'm glad she's free but I'm not glad that she was traded for this guy. 

"Bad" doesn't even begin to scratch the service of how horrible this deal was.

If you think 9 years in a penal colony (likely with manual labor, systemic abuse/assault and periods of isolation included) for having prescribed cannabis oil in her bag is "rightfully punished," then I can't help you. I find that punishment barbaric.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2022, 04:02 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If you think 9 years in a penal colony (likely with manual labor, systemic abuse/assault and periods of isolation included) for having prescribed cannabis oil in her bag is "rightfully punished," then I can't help you. I find that punishment barbaric.

You can disagree and call it barbaric all you want want but it's THEIR COUNTRY! 

Our ideas of what's right and wrong mean NOTHING TO THEM! 

She broke their laws in their country, so our ideas of justice mean nothing!

Even if it is barbaric, do you think freeing her is worth risking American lives?
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2022, 04:14 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You can disagree and call it barbaric all you want want but it's THEIR COUNTRY! 

I didn't say they had to agree with me. Russia is an incredibly intolerant and punitive country run by an authoritarian mad man whose ego is bigger than almost anyone in the world. The word Justice hardly even exists in that country.

Quote:Even if it is barbaric, do you think freeing her is worth risking American lives?

I think freeing her is the correct thing to do, yes. We were going to have to release a prisoner in order to do so. While Russia is bargaining with WNBA players that had prescribed cannabis oil in their bags, America doesn't have very many of those low level Russian offenders locked up. At least none that Vladimir Putin would care about. They bargained with what they had. I have a feeling you would have been upset regardless of who Biden chose as his bargaining chip.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2022, 04:02 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If you think 9 years in a penal colony (likely with manual labor, systemic abuse/assault and periods of isolation included) for having prescribed cannabis oil in her bag is "rightfully punished," then I can't help you. I find that punishment barbaric.

The most hilarious thing is that he has a treatment with weed ! 

Decency he said ... 

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2022, 04:14 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You can disagree and call it barbaric all you want want but it's THEIR COUNTRY! 

Even if it is barbaric, do you think freeing her is worth risking American lives?

Did you say the same when ISIS was behading american citizens ? That was their rules too. 

Talk about nonsense.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2022, 03:37 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: For, what, a thousand US "prisoners" that did nothing wrong? 

And were those Taliban fighters a threat to US citizens on US soil? 

This dude that Biden traded for Biden conspired to kill Americans and traded arms globally, but were the Taliban fighters a threat to anyone outside of Afghanistan?

Can't compare the two and anyone attempting to justify this move with that example is obviously just a Trump hater and/or a Biden enthusiast.

So suddenly this wasn't afghan rules anymore ? 

Reply/Quote
I figure stuff like this is the price we pay for being a more moral and Christian society than our shithole brethren upon this earth.  It's also strange that our own population is made up of people who think our own justice system is framing people and planting evidence, yet they are so convinced that this woman was rightfully detained and punished by a country that is not terribly just.

With that being said, I bet a lot of folks who are accepting of this trade would be more hesitant if Kanye West or some other star of "the other side" were over there being detained.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
A few months ago, same people were horrified that people who attacked the Capitol had to face the consequences of their actions.

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2022, 05:22 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: A few months ago, same people were horrified that people who attacked the Capitol had to face the consequences of their actions.

To me this stuff highlights how much of a fool's errand it is to attempt to devise what would be a "fair deal" with people who are morally bankrupt.  I can't be the only one here who has had to attempt to make a deal with someone who was able and willing to go a lot lower than I could, and until the USA starts sending non-violent foreign nationals to draconian prison camps we aren't going to have equal footing with these countries.

But that also requires someone like Putin to care about one of his citizens, and I'm going to go out on a limb and assume he'd just tell us to torture and execute them all.

The issue I have with this is that if Britney Griner is worth this sort of trade for being locked up over cannabis oil, then that shit should be decriminalized and legalized as hell in the USA. Are we better than Russia when it comes to locking people up for this sort of stuff? Yes, but not by enough.
Reply/Quote
I can't comment because it's still illegal in France and it's not going to change anytime soon.
Our president looks young but he's a grandmother in his head.

Reply/Quote
At least she didn't come back to the US in a coma. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2022, 06:22 PM)GMDino Wrote: At least she didn't come back to the US in a coma. Mellow

Uh…this a thanks Putin?
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2022, 03:40 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: **** that Marine, I guess.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Didn't T**** have like 2 years to negotiate a sweet deal with his buddy Vlad to get him released?
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2022, 01:12 PM)hollodero Wrote: Well, there was Guantanamo. Something the global community won't overlook so easily.

@Grimer, what did she do that makes her such a POS in the eyes of many? Not that I think that should even matter much, but I wonder.

I don’t know why it’s not said here….she also is convicted of domestic violence and tried to skip out on child support after she agreed with her first wife to have babies (twins). I think she tried (or did) to annul the marriage after the pregnancy.

In terms of trading one shitty person for another, it was a fair trade.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2022, 10:54 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Didn't T**** have like 2 years to negotiate a sweet deal with his buddy Vlad to get him released?

Why bring Trump into this? 

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2022, 11:19 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Why bring Trump into this? 

Because he's a GOP candidate for 2024 and he is publicly criticizing what is likely to be his 2024 opponent for the presidency on his handling of prisoner swap deals. 

Im just pointing out that the USA's inability to get Paul Whelan released from russian custody partly occurred on his watch.

Believe me, I wish he weren't relevant to anything of this magnitude or nature, but he is. 

But the short of it is that bringing up a guy who has been in their custody since 2018 brings up the Trump administration. 
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2022, 10:54 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Didn't T**** have like 2 years to negotiate a sweet deal with his buddy Vlad to get him released?

He was too busy helping A$AP Rocky and that youngest Ball brother get back.

(12-09-2022, 11:19 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Why bring Trump into this? 

There’s a minimum Trump-mention-per-thread requirement here.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2022, 11:38 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: He was too busy helping A$AP Rocky and that shithead youngest Ball brother get back.

There’s a minimum Trump-mention-per-thread requirement here.

Hes the former president, he had a specific role in this situation, he is specifically commenting on this situation, and he's running for president in 2024.  
Reply/Quote
All I know that most of the people complaining about Griner over Whelan have said and done nothing about his situation for years. I also know they would also be whining if
Whelan got out and not Griner.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote