Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Britney Griner Released In Prisoner Swap
(12-09-2022, 12:00 PM)pally Wrote: All I know that most of the people complaining about Griner over Whelan have said and done nothing about his situation for years.  I also know they would also be whining if
Whelan got out and not Griner.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

These alpha republican males are sure fragile as **** and are offended by almost everything.

Seeing their comments is painful to see.

You can't feign empathy. You have it or not.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2022, 12:56 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: These alpha republican males are sure fragile as **** and are offended by almost everything.

Seeing their comments is painful to see.

You can't feign empathy. You have it or not.

The response from the GOP's politicians and voters continues to hammer home their playbook of criticizing while pretending they have any actual ability or desire to fix what is wrong, or presented as being the fault of the other side.

I'm not saying everyone does this, and there is plenty that can be said to critique Biden and democrats, but folks who play the "This wouldn't be happening if our side was in power" card are getting overly predictable and seem to be buying into their own hype.  

Then again, it's been over 40 years and people are still debating on whether Carter was too timid to get those hostages released or if Reagan was too willing to cave in and make a bad deal.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Include there all conservatives :

[Image: Fjke9mJXkAECzOD?format=jpg&name=small]

Don't be fooled, they don't give a s*** about that guy, they never did.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2022, 09:05 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Include there all conservatives :

[Image: Fjke9mJXkAECzOD?format=jpg&name=small]

Don't be fooled, they don't give a s*** about that guy, they never did.

Also, for a guy and a political party who are supposedly that of the business genius, Trump and the GOP telegraphing that Paul Whelan being released is of the utmost importance is pretty stupid.  One could be really cynical and point out that Trump and the GOP are so enthused about attacking Biden that they've put Paul Whelan into a situation where he is far less likely to be released now.  Well, I'm sure it is worth it to them.

And while I'm "obsessing" over Trump, I'd like to point out that for a political party that is apparently dying to move away from Trump, they sure are nodding in agreement with this latest bit of BS from him.
Reply/Quote
Pointing out “Jesus, that’s all we gained in return for unleashing a literal terrorist who earned the nickname “Merchant of Death” back into Putin’s open arms?”

Results in…

Trumpf didn’t get Whelan out either!

Yeah, no shit.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2022, 03:00 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Pointing out “Jesus, that’s all we gained in return for unleashing a literal terrorist who earned the nickname “Merchant of Death” back into Putin’s open arms?”

Results in…

Yeah, no shit.

But well, if someone from the conservative side applies critizism, to an extent it seems to be fair game to ask whether his side would actually have done better.

In general, I feel this whole affair is a lose-lose situation for any president. This Griner case had worldwide attention. What was Biden supposed to do? There's no good deal to be made. He can either make a foul deal and be critizised, or he makes no deal at all, lets her rot in a labour camp and will get critizised for that as well.

This way, he at least brought an American home. Which probably is worth something, even if one does not like that person.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2022, 03:37 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: For, what, a thousand US "prisoners" that did nothing wrong? 

And were those Taliban fighters a threat to US citizens on US soil? 

This dude that Biden traded for Biden conspired to kill Americans and traded arms globally, but were the Taliban fighters a threat to anyone outside of Afghanistan?

Can't compare the two and anyone attempting to justify this move with that example is obviously just a Trump hater and/or a Biden enthusiast.

Jeezus, you are talking about the fighters of the state that sheltered/enabled Osama bin Laden, 

who killed thousands of Americans -- ON US SOIL!!  

The release of Taliban who "conspired to"--and did--kill Americans in A-stan, can't be compared to an arms dealer?

Can anyone clarify how and where Bout "conspired to kill Americans"? 

Is that something we say about anyone who sells arms to groups we don't like? 
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2022, 12:59 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: My spiteful side wanted to see her suffer a little longer just because she's an America hating trash talking POS (I hate that side of me when I recognize it,  seriously). But it will be nice to take one more thing out of the medias hands they use to fuel hate and separate the people. Now that she is out, you will hear nothing more of the soldier still imprisoned.

Not a soldier, a Marine who received a bad conduct discharge in 2008 for larceny convictions, a MAGA Trump supporter nabbed for espionage, then, if his family is to be believed, ignored by Trump ever after--until Griner was traded instead of him, when Trump and his boosters leaped into action! 

Last night I listened to Hannity first, then Mark Levin, respond to the trade with a virtual tirade of mighty Trump comparisons on their respective radio shows, apparently unaware that Whelan was nabbed on Trump's watch.

Both of them were angered that a MARINE was left in favor of an America hater (i.e., someone who criticizes police violence). That's how our country operates under this illegitimate Biden regime that leaves TRUE AMERICANS to rot in foreign jails while pot-smoking lesbians are welcomed back to the  country they hate just to up the Biden administration's "diversity score."

Weak Biden once again makes the U.S. a laughing stock before the world. Worse than Obama and Bo Bergdahl; Imagine what the MSM would have done if Trump had gotten out a MARINE instead of a black lesbian etc. etc. etc. 

Those guys should add that Russia does not tolerate Russia haters. No dictatorship tolerates "haters."

Fox watchers, at least, will certainly be hearing more of Whelan, the MARINE who was traded for a cannabis addled progressive "leftist." 

No way this gets to be a "win" for Biden. 
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2022, 06:25 AM)Dill Wrote: Not a soldier, a Marine who received a bad conduct discharge in 2008 for larceny convictions, a MAGA Trump supporter nabbed for espionage, then, if his family is to be believed, ignored by Trump ever after--until Griner was traded instead of him, when Trump and his boosters leaped into action! 

Last night I listened to Hannity first, then Mark Levin, respond to the trade with a virtual tirade of mighty Trump comparisons on their respective radio shows, apparently unaware that Whelan was nabbed on Trump's watch.

Both of them were angered that a MARINE was left in favor of an America hater (i.e., someone who criticizes police violence). That's how our country operates under this illegitimate Biden regime that leaves TRUE AMERICANS to rot in foreign jails while pot-smoking lesbians are welcomed back to the  country they hate just to up the Biden administration's "diversity score."

Weak Biden once again makes the U.S. a laughing stock before the world. Worse than Obama and Bo Bergdahl; Imagine what the MSM would have done if Trump had gotten out a MARINE instead of a black lesbian etc. etc. etc. 

Those guys should add that Russia does not tolerate Russia haters. No dictatorship tolerates "haters."

Fox watchers, at least, will certainly be hearing more of Whelan, the MARINE who was traded for a cannabis addled progressive "leftist." 

Like I said earlier, if Biden had gotten Whelan out instead of Griner, the right would be finding a reason to scream about that. I mean how dare they rescue a disgraced former Marine instead of a decorated American Olympian. It is not even like he is a real American. He’s just another of those foreigners who come to this great country and commits crimes. Let Canada, Ireland, or the UK get him out.

The MAGA world and their media enablers are easy to predict. The more their histrionics fill the airwaves, the more successful Biden was.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2022, 03:00 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Pointing out “Jesus, that’s all we gained in return for unleashing a literal terrorist who earned the nickname “Merchant of Death” back into Putin’s open arms?”

Results in…

Yeah, no shit.

A literal terrorist?  That's  a bit of a reach.  At worst Bout is a Russian spy that sold arms to people interested in fighting the West.  Fun fact: the US has actually bought weapons from this guy when the need demanded it.  I don't like letting him go, but I think a more honest representation would be that he's an amoral capitalist that figured out how to get rich by selling arms to whoever happened to need them, with a heavy thumb on the scale for his native country.  

I'm surprised the right is so quick to criticize a sitting president for trading an arms dealer for an American civilian hostage.  They've spent decades worshipping Saint Ronnie after his administration negotiated Iran Contra, possibly the worst guns-for-hostages deal ever made by a president.  

America rarely negotiates from a position of power when it comes to civilians.  Our government is a lot less willing to see our citizens suffer publicly in a 24 hour news cycle.  When you deal with governments like the current one in Russia or the ayatollah back in the 80's, you know full well that they are willing to kill a prisoner.  Sure, they might make it look like an accident, but that hostage's life is at stake so long as they are detained.  Sometimes, you take the bad deal because it's the only deal.  It's hardly a partisan trend.  Reagan, Obama, Trump, and Biden have all had to do it.  

it's super convenient to get big mad about it when a guy you don't like is in office and be church-mouse quiet when the dude you worship turns the Taliban loose.  
Reply/Quote

Results in…

Yeah, no shit.

What did you get in exchange for 5000 talibans ?

You guys didn't even know Whelan's name until yesterday.

You liberated an hostage.

Reply/Quote

Results in…

Yeah, no shit.

You and Trump brought up Whelan which opens the door to wondering why he's still in Russia, yes. 

Trump criticizing Biden for not getting Whelan in the deal would be like Carson Palmer criticizing Joe Burrow for losing in the SB. 

So yeah if Palmer said "Wow burrow lost the SB, LOSER." People would rightly point out that he had the same job and didn't do it either. 

Biden got an unjustly captured non violent american citizen released and Trump and his fan base are pissed because she's one of the people who used her 1A right to do something other than blame their woes on Jews via Twitter. 

Biden probably figures anyone who calls this a loss already thinks he eats babies and is a Satanist anyways. 

Bit I just want to reiterate for a party and voter base who are supposedly eager to dump Trump and his drama for a sane candidate who can win, they sure are eating up this latest pile of social media BS he's crapped into the trough. 
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2022, 06:25 AM)Dill Wrote: Not a soldier, a Marine who received a bad conduct discharge in 2008 for larceny convictions, a MAGA Trump supporter nabbed for espionage, then, if his family is to be believed, ignored by Trump ever after--until Griner was traded instead of him, when Trump and his boosters leaped into action! 

(12-10-2022, 09:01 AM)pally Wrote: Like I said earlier, if Biden had gotten Whelan out instead of Griner, the right would be finding a reason to scream about that. I mean how dare they rescue a disgraced former Marine instead of a decorated American Olympian. It is not even like he is a real American. He’s just another of those foreigners who come to this great country and commits crimes. Let Canada, Ireland, or the UK get him out.

The MAGA world and their media enablers are easy to predict. The more their histrionics fill the airwaves, the more successful Biden was.

(12-10-2022, 10:45 AM)samhain Wrote: A literal terrorist?  That's  a bit of a reach.  At worst Bout is a Russian spy that sold arms to people interested in fighting the West.  Fun fact: the US has actually bought weapons from this guy when the need demanded it.  I don't like letting him go, but I think a more honest representation would be that he's an amoral capitalist that figured out how to get rich by selling arms to whoever happened to need them, with a heavy thumb on the scale for his native country.  

I'm surprised the right is so quick to criticize a sitting president for trading an arms dealer for an American civilian hostage.  They've spent decades worshipping Saint Ronnie after his administration negotiated Iran Contra, possibly the worst guns-for-hostages deal ever made by a president.  

America rarely negotiates from a position of power when it comes to civilians.  Our government is a lot less willing to see our citizens suffer publicly in a 24 hour news cycle.  When you deal with governments like the current one in Russia or the ayatollah back in the 80's, you know full well that they are willing to kill a prisoner.  Sure, they might make it look like an accident, but that hostage's life is at stake so long as they are detained.  Sometimes, you take the bad deal because it's the only deal.  It's hardly a partisan trend.  Reagan, Obama, Trump, and Biden have all had to do it.  

it's super convenient to get big mad about it when a guy you don't like is in office and be church-mouse quiet when the dude you worship turns the Taliban loose.  

(12-10-2022, 11:50 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: What did you get in exchange for 5000 talibans ?

You guys didn't even know Whelan's name until yesterday.

You liberated an hostage.

(12-10-2022, 08:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You and Trump brought up Whelan which opens the door to wondering why he's still in Russia, yes. 

Trump criticizing Biden for not getting Whelan in the deal would be like Carson Palmer criticizing Joe Burrow for losing in the SB. 

So yeah if Palmer said "Wow burrow lost the SB, LOSER." People would rightly point out that he had the same job and didn't do it either. 

Biden got an unjustly captured non violent american citizen released and Trump and his fan base are pissed because she's one of the people who used her 1A right to do something other than blame their woes on Jews via Twitter. 

Biden probably figures anyone who calls this a loss already thinks he eats babies and is a Satanist anyways. 

Bit I just want to reiterate for a party and voter base who are supposedly eager to dump Trump and his drama for a sane candidate who can win, they sure are eating up this latest pile of social media BS he's crapped into the trough. 

Nice try fools. Right wing main stream media has already spoken.

Go ahead and try to comprehend the facts and logic of a story that is an easy wedge issue to get the base fired up. Won’t work. No place for that shit.

If the GOP was in power they would have easily rescued the hero vet and they probably would have done the right thing and requested more years be added on to Griner’s sentence for checking so many liberal boxes.
Reply/Quote
Bout sold a ton of stolen Russian weapons. It's a very corrupt place and their army suffers from it to this day in Ukraine.. Maybe he'll keep selling more Russian arms in far away places, but it only weakens the Russian state.
So Russians are cheering getting back a known thief..Good for them. We got back an internationally known superstar.. Mellow
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 01:46 PM)grampahol Wrote: Bout sold a ton of stolen Russian weapons. It's a very corrupt place and their army suffers from it to this day in Ukraine.. Maybe he'll keep selling more Russian arms in far away places, but it only weakens the Russian state.
So Russians are cheering getting back a known thief..Good for them. We got back an internationally known superstar.. Mellow

Never trade a shooter for a big.

This forum is run rampant with a bunch of Keith Olbermanns.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 01:54 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Never trade a shooter for a big.

This forum is run rampant with a bunch of Keith Olbermanns.

Keeps all the Levins and Hannitys in check!  Cool
Reply/Quote
See DJT  *WOULD* have gotten Whelan out...he just, uh, didn't.

https://truthsocial.com/users/realDonaldTrump/statuses/109497743181890776

[Image: Screenshot-2022-12-13-153801.jpg]
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 05:37 PM)GMDino Wrote: See DJT  *WOULD* have gotten Whelan out...he just, uh, didn't.

https://truthsocial.com/users/realDonaldTrump/statuses/109497743181890776

[Image: Screenshot-2022-12-13-153801.jpg]

So you agree it’s a bad trade?

We can be happy she’s home but still think it was a ridiculous trade
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 06:22 PM)basballguy Wrote: So you agree it’s a bad trade?  

We can be happy she’s home but still think it was a ridiculous trade

In your view, what were the pros and cons to be weighed in the trade?
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 11:20 PM)Dill Wrote: In your view, what were the pros and cons to be weighed in the trade?

Assuming you’re being serious -

The chances of Bout contributing to the the death of another human being (within the next 7 years) are far greater than the chances of Griner contributing to the death of a human being….well unless youre married to Griner than the odds are probably the same.

Her sentence was stupid an excessive…I think she was an idiot for risking it. (It’s possible to think both)

Yay she’s home, sucks she ignorantly put us in a position to have to make a stupid trade like that.

I think it’s totally fair (though I doubt Biden intended it) that she had to stay over there for almost a year to contemplate her choices. Sorta like missing the bus to school and your parents making you walk the first mile and then they drive you the rest.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote