Other
8.33%
5 8.33%
Total 60 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Broncos Game Game Ball
(11-19-2017, 10:11 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: With 190 total yards of offense and losing the time of possession battle 25-35 minutes I dont see how you could go with an offensive player.

Burfict in tough conditions played his ass off.

I voted Burfict but Dalton would be a close second.

Sorry you can't see how crap that line really is and the RBs not getting blocks affects TOP big time.

Dalton made the passes on TDs when he needed to.

Andre Smith who was one of our best O-Linemen looked like hot garbage on pass pro and run blocking.

Dalton's played crappy and made bad throws before but he deserves some credit today.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 10:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: And that clutch TD came off a defensive turnover as did our first TD. Defense was absolutely the reason we won today.

I won't question your pick though

I liked your threads better when you discouraged people bashing other's choices. Of course, there is only one choice you seem to be okay with questioning.

We won today because we outscored the opponent. Defense played well, but Dalton made more key plays than anyone.

Either way, have fun with your thread. Lates.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Dalton for winning without any kind of run game, he made plays when it mattered most.

Honorable Mention to Vontaze Burfict for playing hard and not doing anything stupid !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 10:35 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I liked your threads better when you discouraged people bashing other's choices. Of course, there is only one choice you seem to be okay with questioning.

We won today because we outscored the opponent. Defense played well, but Dalton made more key plays than anyone.

Yeah and again most teams could punch the ball in at the one.

Not this dog shit of an O-Line.

Had to pass to get 1 stinking yard.
Reply/Quote
other ... Brock
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 10:35 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I liked your threads better when you discouraged people bashing other's choices. Of course, there is only one choice you seem to be okay with questioning.

Not sure who I bashed, just replied to a post that tried to slight our defensive effort today. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I have to go with Burfict. Back to his old OLB spot. The last two weeks showed he's better there then at MIKE.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

Outscoring the opponent is generally how you win. When your QB throws for 150 yards and you score most of your points thanks to great field position supplied by your D most people would credit the D.

Somehow around here even though it was our D on the field to seal the win after the offense couldn't we have fanboys wanting to heap praise on a QB for throwing for 150 yards.

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 10:34 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I voted Burfict but Dalton would be a close second.

Sorry you can't see how crap that line really is and the RBs not getting blocks affects TOP big time.

Dalton made the passes on TDs when he needed to.

Andre Smith who was one of our best O-Linemen looked like hot garbage on pass pro and run blocking.

Dalton's played crappy and made bad throws before but he deserves some credit today.

I see the bad line. There are a lot of bad lines in the NFL. Not many offenses as a whole as bad as ours though. 
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 11:35 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Outscoring the opponent is generally how you win. When your QB throws for 150 yards and you score most of your points thanks to great field position supplied by your D most people would credit the D.

Somehow around here even though it was our D on the field to seal the win after the offense couldn't we have fanboys wanting to heap praise on a QB for throwing for 150 yards.

Probably heaping praise for 3 TD passes and 0 interceptions. 

But what do i know? I voted for Burfict.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 11:39 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I see the bad line. There are a lot of bad lines in the NFL. Not many offenses as a whole as bad as ours though. 

See there is bad...  and then there's terrible.

Ours is terrible.

I also disagree that our offense is loaded which is often stated.

Dalton is not a great QB.
Our RBs are not great.
Our WRs other than Green are not great.
Kroft is a surprise yet still is not great.

The O-Line is usually below average in Pass Pro.
They are completely terrible in run support.
Our Kicker is shaky as hell.

So what makes people say this team is loaded with talent on O ?
Reply/Quote
Burfict

I might have picked Kirkpatrick, but he dropped the ball.

Reply/Quote
Sorry, the game ball goes to the fans of this team who stick by the Bengals through all the ups, the downs and the extreme bottom. Hell, we fans are Bill and Ted as they fall in that bottomless pit playing 20 questions.

We fans are the only ones who deserve a game ball.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 11:39 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Probably heaping praise for 3 TD passes and 0 interceptions. 

But what do i know? I voted for Burfict.

Yea i give a lot of credit to mike brown and marv for the win today too. Nothing spectacular. Took advantage of the gimmes. Rode on AJ Green's back a little 
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 11:45 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: See there is bad...  and then there's terrible.

Ours is terrible.

I also disagree that our offense is loaded which is often stated.

Dalton is not a great QB.
Our RBs are not great.
Our WRs other than Green are not great.
Kroft is a surprise yet still is not great.

The O-Line is usually below average in Pass Pro.
They are completely terrible in run support.
Our Kicker is shaky as hell.

So what makes people say this team is loaded with talent on O ?

Draft investment. 2 1st round WR and a 2nd. 3 2nd round RBs. 1St round TE. 2 1St and 2nd round tackle. only lcleveland could do less with more.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 12:00 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Draft investment. 2 1st round WR and a 2nd. 3 2nd round RBs. 1St round TE. 2 1St and 2nd round tackle. only lcleveland could do less with more.
Injured, busts, and unproven college talent.

Green is the only constant.

All of these hindered by the bad O-Line.  Not to mention two first time Offensive coordinators with zero experience.

It's all on paper and not reality.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 12:08 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Injured, busts, and unproven college talent.

Green is the only constant.

All of these hindered by the bad O-Line.  Not to mention two first time Offensive coordinators with zero experience.

It's all on paper and not reality.

I dont disagree. Just saying why we say this offense is loaded with talent. 

I have no doubt a competent coaching staff would get more out of them.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 12:17 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I dont disagree. Just saying why we say this offense is loaded with talent. 

I have no doubt a competent coaching staff would get more out of them.

Okay.  Understood.   ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 11:35 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Outscoring the opponent is generally how you win. When your QB throws for 150 yards and you score most of your points thanks to great field position supplied by your D most people would credit the D.

Tez only made one play that got us the ball back with a short field (44 yards). Dalton had 3 TDs and multiple key 3rd down conversions. In fact, Dalton accounted for all 12 first downs today. Our only rushing first down was - you guessed it - Dalton. Simply put, Dalton had a bigger impact on our offense than Tez did on the defense. 

Somehow, even though Andy made a clutch throw to put us up by 10, we have haters on here wanting to heap criticism on the QB for tossing 3 TDs with 0 turnovers and putting up 20 points on a respectable defense on the road. With no run support. In a place we haven't won since the 70's.

Btw...the defense wouldn't have been in a tight spot at the end if they wouldn't have given up a lengthy TD drive just prior to that. They had a really good day overall though, just as Andy did. So I'm not hating their performance, just responding to your claim that the defense saved our offense's ass at the end. The offense handed the defense a 10 point buffer with 8:56 to play against Brock Osweiler. That should be enough. 

Despite how I feel about the good defensive performance, Tez does not = entire defense. He had one good performance on a unit that played well. Dalton was pretty much the only good performance on offense. Without him, we don't win today. Why you can't come to grips with that is puzzling. I'm not claiming he played like Brady today, but for you to attack anyone that voted Dalton is silly.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
IIRC, the last time we beat Denver (back when they had Manning) Dre K had a big hand in that too.

Reply/Quote