Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals at Arrowhead - Week 2
Ugh that sucks. I was hoping for later in the year. The pessimist in me thinks Burrow will need (at least) a month to get up to speed. We've got plenty of other new pieces too who'll need some time to get acclimated. Ah well. It's a good test early, tho. And no matter what happens, both teams will look different by the time we see each other in January.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2024, 12:53 PM)PhilHos Wrote: It's going to be real hard not rooting for the Ravens against the Chiefs in week 1.

I'll be hoping for a Chiefs win over the Ravens even though I don't like either team.  The Bengals need to take care of business in the AFCN.  Ravens getting off to a 0-1 start helps with that.  The Chiefs are pretty much locked in to winning their crappy division so they'll be in the playoffs anyway. But mostly I hope the Chiefs and Ravens beat the heck out of each other physically and put a lot of early wear on each other.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2024, 12:05 PM)Joelist Wrote:  And yes this should have been a home game.

[Image: R.75812ca5e96dd7480277b258c01cab2b?rik=J...ImgRaw&r=0]

Reply/Quote
(05-14-2024, 12:53 PM)PhilHos Wrote: It's going to be real hard not rooting for the Ravens against the Chiefs in week 1.

Not for me... I'll be rooting hard for Lamar and the guys to drive KC into the ground. Especially that ****head tight end
Reply/Quote
Don’t like this matchup this early, damn. We tend to start slow between injuries or our guys not playing in the preseason. Was hoping this game was later in the year.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2024, 01:37 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Not for me... I'll be rooting hard for Lamar and the guys to drive KC into the ground. Especially that ****head tight end

Hmmm. That's tough. I see where you're coming from but the Ravens? Also, I may be wrong, but Kelce seems to have played poorly since Swift entered his life. 

Reply/Quote
(05-14-2024, 01:50 PM)tBengal Wrote: Don’t like this matchup this early, damn. We tend to start slow between injuries or our guys not playing in the preseason. Was hoping this game was later in the year.

Chiefs and Bengals both historically start low. Assuming we come out the preseason with our QB healthy for a change I am actually okay with getting them early on. The Chiefs have to figure a couple things out offensively with their weapons as Rice will most likely be suspended to open the year and they will be breaking in a lot of new weapons.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2024, 10:15 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Bengals can't afford to start slowly again in 2024. ZT needs to use TC and preseason games to ensure team is ready week 1.

It really comes down to making sure Burrow is able to go, the preseason is different for all teams than it was back in the day, starters barely play but I agree i like to see Burrow take at least one or two series with the 1st team... if he cant do that, we have to go with Browning till he is ready
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2024, 02:31 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Hmmm. That's tough. I see where you're coming from but the Ravens? Also, I may be wrong, but Kelce seems to have played poorly since Swift entered his life. 

Couldn't do it if it were the Stealers, but I'll take the Ravens over the Chefs. As for Kelce, his drunkeness is catching up to him... IMO
s
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2024, 02:55 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Couldn't do it if it were the Stealers, but I'll take the Ravens over the Chefs. As for Kelce, his drunkeness is catching up to him... IMO
s

He's 35 or something... Yeah he was pretty lackluster for chunks of the year, but he put it together again in the playoffs.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2024, 12:05 PM)Joelist Wrote: The Bengals are 3-2 versus the Chiefs in the Burrow era (Burrow played 4 of those games and won 3). We played them twice at home and won both. At Arrowhead Burrow is 1-1 and Browning 0-1. And yes this should have been a home game.

(05-14-2024, 01:21 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: [Image: R.75812ca5e96dd7480277b258c01cab2b?rik=J...ImgRaw&r=0]

No, this should've been a road game and it is: per the schedule rotation of every 3 years, we play in KC this year. Going back to '06, when I can track it off the top of my head:

'06: KC (the Geathers killing Trent Green Game)
'09: Cin (the game Chad did the 1 5)
'12: KC (we killed Brady Quinn)
'15: Cin (Butker or Santos or whomever kicked 6 or 7 FGs and Brandon Tate had the diving catch, got up and scored)
'18: KC (Kareem Hunt ran down our throats)
'21: Cin (3rd and 27)
'24: KC (TBD)

In that time, IIRC, we've only played them when we've finished 1st, as they've been 1st practically every year since '15 (and we weren't), which was '22 and '23.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2024, 03:38 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: No, this should've been a road game and it is: per the schedule rotation of every 3 years, we play in KC this year. Going back to '06, when I can track it off the top of my head:

'06: KC (the Geathers killing Trent Green Game)
'09: Cin (the game Chad did the 1 5)
'12: KC (we killed Brady Quinn)
'15: Cin (Butker or Santos or whomever kicked 6 or 7 FGs and Brandon Tate had the diving catch, got up and scored)
'18: KC (Kareem Hunt ran down our throats)
'21: Cin (3rd and 27)
'24: KC (TBD)

In that time, IIRC, we've only played them when we've finished 1st, as they've been 1st practically every year since '15 (and we weren't), which was '22 and '23.

Thanks Truck, was wondering about the past games in the rotation. It only seems that we play them at Arrowhead more. Assuming both make the playoffs, we need to get the higher seed to make them come to Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
So KC gets at least two home games to start the season, but two of their toughest opponents in the Ravens and Bengals. Hopefully the Ravens play their usual stout defensive game and hang a loss on KC.

Regardless of what happens week 1, playing KC so early in the season will be more incentive to get off to a fast start this season. Glad we get them week 2 in early season weather while everyone should hopefully be healthy.
Reply/Quote
No issue playing KC in week 2. As others have mentioned, we start off slow, but KC is a tough match-up regardless of team form. Better to play crappy and lose early to a team like the Chiefs, then play crappy and blow a game to the likes of New England
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Considering how Baltimore seems to injure or beat up on AFC contenders, I'm happy to play KC after them.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2024, 05:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Better to play crappy and lose early to a team like the Chiefs, then play crappy and blow a game to the likes of New England

Playing crappy and losing to the Chiefs then playing crappy and blowing a game against a team like New England would also suck.   Ninja Tongue

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2024, 04:59 PM)SouthernFan Wrote: So KC gets at least two home games to start the season, but two of their toughest opponents in the Ravens and Bengals. Hopefully the Ravens play their usual stout defensive game and hang a loss on KC.  

Regardless of what happens week 1, playing KC so early in the season will be more incentive to get off to a fast start this season.  Glad we get them week 2  in early season weather while everyone should hopefully be healthy.
Tough opening 2 games for KC
Reply/Quote