Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browning holding the ball
So I watch A LOT of football...college and pro.

Rarely do I see QBs see the rush coming and hold onto it as long as Browning does. He'd actually try to evade it, bur he's too slow.

There were 2 times where he saw a defender running at him from 15 yards or so away and got sacked.

Throw it away. Do anything...but take a sack.
Reply/Quote
I thought he had a good pocket that he failed to take advantage of. Was it the receivers not getting open that forced him to hold the ball too long at times, or is he slow to read defenses.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Agreed. The line actually played well minus Sample whiffing on Watt.
Reply/Quote
He’s a back up and not a very good one. You don’t expect anything out of these guys. Not making the run game an important priority is the reason for the offensive offense
Reply/Quote
He telegraphed too much. And he was kind of fortunate a couple of tipped passes got completed and not int'd.
Reply/Quote
Browning didn't go undrafted because he's a quality QB. Solid effort but not ready to play in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
I’d like to know how many sacks he took on 3rd down.

Him holding the ball and taking sacks cost us field position and the game.
Reply/Quote
That int in the red zone changed the game
Also, the O line was OK in pass pro but they absolutely suck at run blocking. Mixon is a step slow but no RB is going to look good behind that Oline.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 09:35 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: That int in the red zone changed the game
Also, the O line was OK in pass pro but they absolutely suck at run blocking. Mixon is a step slow but no RB is going to look good behind that Oline.

We need the Burrow of RBs, then.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 09:10 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So I watch A LOT of football...college and pro.

Rarely do I see QBs see the rush coming and hold onto it as long as Browning does. He'd actually try to evade it, bur he's too slow.

There were 2 times where he saw a defender running at him from 15 yards or so away and got sacked.

Throw it away. Do anything...but take a sack.

Browning is just bad.  He freezes when there's pressure coming, but will needlessly scramble when he has a clean pocket.

Good news is, he'll secure us a 4th place schedule and possibly Top 10 draft position(which is probably why he's the backup in the first place).
Reply/Quote
I’m ready to try AJ McCarron.
Reply/Quote
The one was horrible. Way out of the pocket. Easy throwaway and he just stood there and watched a guy run ten yards straight at him. He started four years in college. This really shouldn’t be a new concept to him.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 09:48 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I’m ready to try AJ McCarron.

Why?  We really shouldn't be hoping to win the rest of our games.

Honestly, today was the perfect result for Zac and Co.  We lose, but the game was close enough that pretty much everyone would assume we win with Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 09:13 PM)jj22 Wrote: I thought he had a good pocket that he failed to take advantage of. Was it the receivers not getting open that forced him to hold the ball too long at times, or is he slow to read defenses.

Besides Chase ….who gets blanketed …..

Our Receivers are slow or don’t run great routes or something.

We struggle to get separation or heck - open.

Our RB is slow too.

We need more speed as a team.

That said, Browning definitely held on to the ball too long.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 09:53 PM)Whatever Wrote: Why?  We really shouldn't be hoping to win the rest of our games.

Honestly, today was the perfect result for Zac and Co.  We lose, but the game was close enough that pretty much everyone would assume we win with Burrow.

Everyone knows this team can't win without Burrow...including Burrow which is probably why our fantasy that he was going to take a discount to drag this franchise to prosperity was just that, a fantasy.

ZT perfectly lost his way into getting Burrow and now any time Burrow is out ZT perfectly loses us into a better draft pick and easier schedule.  We went from being a losing franchise to a perfect losing franchise.  New Dey.
Reply/Quote
Lol, the guy is an undrafted practice squad player that saw his first game action last week, had 3 days of reps with the 1st team, and hasnt started a football game since January 1st, 2019.

I think he did pretty good considering the situation. Not sure what everyone is expecting?

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 09:13 PM)jj22 Wrote: I thought he had a good pocket that he failed to take advantage of. Was it the receivers not getting open that forced him to hold the ball too long at times, or is he slow to read defenses.

I noticed that he wasn’t going through his progressions as much on into the game.He would lock onto one receiver,and if he was covered,he panicked.Took sacks he shouldn’t have taken.
Made some bad choices on his reads.
There were opportunities for sure.Had Burrow been playing,we would have won easily.
Reply/Quote
Sounds like the same criticism many have been lobbing towards Burrow the last few years haha. I do agree though, he seemed lost in the pocket at times. The Watt sack was obviously not his fault but the others were. Despite that, he was 19/26 for 227 Yds with 1 TD and a pick. Really not bad at all. The D allowing Pickett to look like a competent NFL QB and of course the coaching (how in the hell do you have 0 timeouts left midway through the 4th qtr) cost the Bengals this one. He could’ve played better but other guys needed to step up and it didn’t happen.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 10:06 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Lol, the guy is an undrafted practice squad player that saw his first game action last week, had 3 days of reps with the 1st team, and hasnt started a football game since January 1st, 2019.

I think he did pretty good considering the situation.  Not sure what everyone is expecting?

They were expecting him to lead us to the playoffs. You heard em last week. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 09:25 PM)Goalpost Wrote: He telegraphed too much. And he was kind of fortunate a couple of tipped passes got completed and not int'd.

This. He stairs at where he is going. He did not even try to look off anyone. Just looked right at his target from the snap.
Our offense is kind of predictable even with Joe out there. AFC N teams have read our book and know it well. I thing they know our plays as well was we do.

When I know when it is a run and which side or pass it is bad. Never played football.

Who Dey
Reply/Quote