Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browning holding the ball
(11-27-2023, 12:12 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: When Burrow got hurt in camp, they should have added a Cam Newton or similar.

I think they should have gone after Bridgewater, but the point is duly noted. Cam Newton is toast. 

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 09:26 PM)shuffle Wrote: Browning didn't go undrafted because he's a quality QB. Solid effort but not ready to play in the NFL.

He was actually a Heisman candidate at one point, then had shoulder surgery and his production dipped. I agree he didn't look ready yesterday. I wasn't expecting a lot, but the holding the ball stuff was something I thought he'd be better at.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 10:47 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This is what I hate about the broadcast of NFL games these days. 

You can't see what the hell is going on down the field. It's only a zoom of the lines and the QB. When they throw, you don't even know who its actually going to. 

Broadcasts should really look at doing some alternate angles or a zoom out or something. 

Yeah...this is why we need the downfield view...

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 10:49 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I wasn't expecting much from Browning, but I was expecting the staff to help this offense more than they did. 

They basically did nothing to make the game easier on Jake. No creative ways to get guys open, no screens, no easy throws to get playmakers the ball in space, nothing creative out of the backfield. 

Huh?

Did you watch the game, Weezy? I mean, the INT had a wonderful play design to get Boyd open, not to mention the Iosivas clip everyone has shared.

And Charles Davis's moronic ass kept talking about how we used many rub routes to get guys open and in space.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Makes you appreciate Burrow more and a lot of throws NFL QBs make

Some QBs aren’t confident in that ball when it’s in the air. Burrow is. There is a huge difference watching QBs who think they can make any pass and QBs who don’t think they can

Jake saw guys open and just wouldn’t fire away
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Ravens make playoffs with a backup QB. Steelers continue to make playoffs and have a winning record with Picket and a washed up Ben and the remains of Mitch Trubisky. 49ers conference title game 2 years in a row with their backup. Chiefs get a game winning drive from their backup in a playoff game. So dont give me this would happen to anyone excuse. No it just happens to us because we are a poorly run franchise
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 10:54 AM)Wyche Wrote: I think they should have gone after Bridgewater, but the point is duly noted. Cam Newton is toast. 

Yep. Or similar. Probably could name 10-15 guys that would have been decent options.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 02:39 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Ravens make playoffs with a backup QB. Steelers continue to make playoffs and  have a winning record with Picket and a washed up Ben and the remains of Mitch Trubisky. 49ers conference title game 2 years in a row with their backup. Chiefs get a game winning drive from their backup in a playoff game. So dont give me this would happen to anyone excuse. No it just happens to us because we are a poorly run franchise

You basically have to rebuild the offense around that QB, or atleast call plays around his strength.

The Bengals appear to be running largely the same offense that they used before.

The Bengals had issues at times calling plays to Burrow's strength. Remember how teams went Tampa 2 against us at the start of last season and it totally confused us.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 03:49 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You basically have to rebuild the offense around that QB, or atleast call plays around his strength.

The Bengals appear to be running largely the same offense that they used before.

The Bengals had issues at times calling plays to Burrow's strength. Remember how teams went Tampa 2 against us at the start of last season and it totally confused us.

Browning is a lesser version of Burrow both accurate both have surprising mobility both tend to take to many sacks rather than get rid of the ball. Browning is similar to Burrow but a little worse in many ways. Problem is the drop off is when it comes to reading defenses Burrow tends to do that at a Peyton Manning or Andre Luck level.  Browning is more like a Mark Sanchez
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 03:56 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Browning is a lesser version of Burrow both accurate both have surprising mobility both tend to take to many sacks rather than get rid of the ball. Browning is similar to Burrow but a little worse in many ways. Problem is the drop off is when it comes to reading defenses Burrow tends to do that at a Peyton Manning or Andre Luck level.  Browning is more like a Mark Sanchez

Burrow is more Burrow in his pinky than Jake is as a whole.

And Mark Sanchez was the worst starter in the league, every year save for 1.

Bmore is built on defense and run game. The QB is irrelevant to the base team, but can elevate if they are good (like Lamar is).

Same with the Stoolers.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 04:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

That play sums up his play for me. Plenty of time, sees no one (unclear if anyone was actually open) l, scrambles away even when there's no pressure (away from where he has a TE releasing who would be open), and then stands there and takes a sack after holding the ball for forever. 
Reply/Quote
It's only going to get worse in the short term as D coordinators get more film on him. He is better than PJ Walker if Browns current starter is hurt so their is at least that. He is probably slightly better than Zac Wilson of the Jets or that Boyle guy they had starting. I have zero confidence in Zac winning without Burrow The finish in 2020 was a mirage and D was already elite by that point our current Dline is aging and their has been a significant drop off in S play this year. I fear we dont have a winnable game remaining on the schedule.
Reply/Quote

Another potential deep shot missed.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 11:07 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Yeah...this is why we need the downfield view...

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Broadcast team did point this one out on the replay 

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 06:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
Another potential deep shot missed.

So, I see people open, but the QB missed the home run ball. I saw Joe doing that earlier this year too. Likely due to the injury, but he was struggling with it early on himself. It seems guys are open due to their ability and/or route concepts, more than we've been saying they are. Browning missed several yesterday that Joe would probably hit at this point in the season, and we win a blowout. Browning's inexperience REALLY showed up, and that seems to me what Zac was alluding to. Judging by Sunday's performance, I'm not sure there's enough games left for him to get at least somewhat competent in reading the coverage.....or if he will. 

Reply/Quote