Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Browns @ Bengals predictions
I think that the Bengals actually whoop the Browns ass this time. Our OL is playing way better and our run defense is pretty damn good right now. I think the Bengals are going to come out swinging and go up big. The score will be closer than what the game actually was due to some garbage time points.

Bengals 31
Browns 23
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2022, 09:53 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Not going to be a Happy Ending for Watson....

Bengals 31
Browns 17

Therapist may need a therapist afterwards.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
I think we make to much out of the whole Burrow hasn't beaten Cleveland narrative. I also think we make too much out of us having KCs number. We had a lot of issues that we don't have right now or have improved. 1st game no Reader, we lost Chase who was on a tear in the week leading up to the game, we lost Awuzie during the game, our run game had shown some flashes but wasn't good that game and finally our pass pro and specifically Jonah really struggled and he has been very good since that game. I think on offense we neutralize the pass rush with quick passing and getting the run game going. I know the Browns are desperate to keep the season alive but the Bengals are focused to play the Browns and end the narrative. Unless Watson goes all Baker on us I think we continue our win streak this week. 28-17 Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2022, 05:36 PM)PhilHos Wrote: You're talking about the player, right? Not Watson's ... ... ... ...?

Why is that so long?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 04:18 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I've never seen a QB that bad.  How the hell does someone get benched for him?

No one got benched for him.

He was suspended.  You know that right?

He was always intended to be the starter and has the largest guaranteed contract in the NFL.  You don't not start him unless he can't play.

Dude hadn't been on the field for 700 straight days, of course he's rusty.

Having said all that I hope he never gets better than last week and Cleveland has to eat that contract.

Because screw him and screw them for paying him.
Reply/Quote
Execute well and exploit mistakes that Cleveland makes. It will not be easy and they are a tougher team than their record, especially against us.

No prediction.

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2022, 07:00 PM)motoarch Wrote: No one got benched for him.

He was suspended.  You know that right?

He was always intended to be the starter and has the largest guaranteed contract in the NFL.  You don't not start him unless he can't play.

Dude hadn't been on the field for 700 straight days, of course he's rusty.

Having said all that I hope he never gets better than last week and Cleveland has to eat that contract.

Because screw him and screw them for paying him.

The Texans guy
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2022, 06:17 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Therapist may need a therapist afterwards.

SHRacer X and Science Fiction are coming up with some good slogans for signs that will get past the censors: No happy ending for Watson and Therapist.
Reply/Quote
Watson will be less rusty on Sunday, however, if they are smart, they will keep running Chubb and Hunt until we can stop them. Last time we could not.

This is a trap game. Has all the makings of an upset and I don't like it. The Bengals are a better team by far, but for some reason, this matchup has killed us in the recent past.

Just leave the game healthy with a 'W', and I will be happy.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2022, 06:17 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Therapist may need a therapist afterwards.

He shall henceforth be knows as Darth TheRapist...
Reply/Quote
The Bengals beat the Texans and Chiefs in back to back games..

I do not see the Browns coming to Paycor and winning.

Cleveland - 17
Cincinnati - 27
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2022, 11:36 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Watson will be less rusty on Sunday, however, if they are smart, they will keep running Chubb and Hunt until we can stop them. Last time we could not.

This is a trap game. Has all the makings of an upset and I don't like it. The Bengals are a better team by far, but for some reason, this matchup has killed us in the recent past.

this is NOT a what ever trap game means to you.. this is a end of year shut up and win game.. if they lose it is because Browns outplayed them.. after 6 straight losses they are not looking past this game
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2022, 11:36 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Watson will be less rusty on Sunday, however, if they are smart, they will keep running Chubb and Hunt until we can stop them. Last time we could not.

Trap game? I hate that term even when it’s used correctly which it is not here. It’s a divisional game against a team that has whooped them the last few years. Next week is a non-conference game.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
34 - 13 Bengals
Reply/Quote
CBS Pick -

I think this is a good spot to fade Deshaun Watson. He was victorious against his former team last week, as the Browns defeated the Texans, 27-14. However, the Watson-led offense didn't score a touchdown! We had a punt returned for a touchdown, a fumble recovery touchdown and a pick six. Those 27 points are the most points scored by a team without an offensive touchdown since 1999, when the Seahawks defeated the Pittsburgh Steelers, 29-10. The Bengals don't operate like the lowly Texans do. They aren't going to turn the ball over four times.

Watson did not look good in his first game back, and now he has to play another road game in a harsh environment against arguably the hottest team in the NFL. The Bengals were embarrassed by the Browns on Halloween earlier this year, so there's a revenge factor at play, plus with Lamar Jackson banged-up, the Bengals have a chance to take the division lead. Full steam ahead for Joe Burrow and Co.

The pick: Bengals -6
Projected score: Bengals 35-14
Reply/Quote
I like to make my predictions assuming the worst case scenario has happened

So to me, the worst case scenario is Myles Garrett goes off again AND Watson knocks off the rust.

So assuming those things happen, i feel like this team is still poised enough to win, but it’s not gonna be a blowout. I could see this being 24-16. Points will come but it’s gonna be hard AFCN type scoring.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
I've picked against the Bengals each of the last two weeks. If it ain't broke, don't fix it?

Browns 23
Bengals 21

I'll continue to pick against the Bengals until they lose!
Reply/Quote
Browns are horrible against the Browns, so establish the run early, pound them, open things up for the pass game, and we'll tire them out and put up big points!

They can't do anything with Watson because he's terrible and we won't make the same mistakes the Texans did.

Bengals 48
Browns 10 (in garbage time)
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2022, 10:14 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Trap game?  I hate that term even when it’s used correctly which it is not here. It’s a divisional game against a team that has whooped them the last few years. Next week is a non-conference game.

Damn rights. You feel better about me calling it a revenge game now Michaelsean? Mellow
Reply/Quote
Hendrickson to get the first sack of the game.
The defense keeps the Browns run game under 100.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote