Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long will Robert Nkemdiche last?
The Bengals have had pretty good success drafting D-linemen who dropped because they lacked "drive" or "heart" (see: Dunlap and Johnson) and a little weed smoking didn't sem to hurt Vontaze Buerfict.

So what round would you be willing to take Nkemdiche?

How far are the experts predicting he will drop?

I'd use a second round pick on him.
Reply/Quote
Depending on how the first round plays out. I wouldnt mind him in the first.

I think the bust potential is higher than the boom potential. But the ceiling is just so damn high. If you hit you have something really special.

I didnt like on Game Changers they asked what QB you wanted to hit. Everybody else had a reason to hit an old college rival or something. Nkempoop said Dalton out of nowhere. He must be racist against gingers. Dont want him anywhere but here if he comes to the AFC North.
Reply/Quote
I don't actually think the bust potential is that high. Yes, he chose not to run the shuttle drill and he is said to be "spiritual" which seems to be off putting to some NFL franchises. Watch this guy play and he is an absolute beast. I would not mind seeing him line up next to Geno and Dunlap.
Reply/Quote
2nd round sounds right but i doubt he lasts to our pick. Can't argue against his potential, but his production has been mediocre, and then there is that character concern also.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2016, 02:44 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I don't actually think the bust potential is that high. Yes, he chose not to run the shuttle drill and he is said to be "spiritual" which seems to be off putting to some NFL franchises. Watch this guy play and he is an absolute beast. I would not mind seeing him line up next to Geno and Dunlap.

My concern is production. It is not very impressive. He has the tools that should have allowed him to put up rediculous numbers.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2016, 05:11 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: My concern is production. It is not very impressive. He has the tools that should have allowed him to put up rediculous numbers.

Wonder what percentage of plays he drew a double team?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2016, 06:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Wonder what percentage of plays he drew a double team?

He played in 35 games in his college career and had 7 sacks and 19 TFLs for his career.

Those are the kind of stats you want a guy you are looking at early in the draft to get every year.

For comparisons sake. Bosa played in 41 games. 26 sacks. 50.5 TFLs. And he saw plenty of double teams.

The athleticism intrigues me like hell. But he might just be one of those guys who is a better athlete than football player.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2016, 06:59 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: He played in 35 games in his college career and had 7 sacks and 19 TFLs for his career.

Those are the kind of stats you want a guy you are looking at early in the draft to get every year.

For comparisons sake. Bosa played in 41 games. 26 sacks. 50.5 TFLs. And he saw plenty of double teams.

The athleticism intrigues me like hell. But he might just be one of those guys who is a better athlete than football player.

Likely why Bosa will be a top 3 pick.  But not really a good comparison.  Bosa plays mostly DE, Nkendiche is primarily an interior player. 

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
The more I see on this guy the more I wanna stay away in round one at the very least. Dude has shown he has issues and did you see the article with him wanting to buy a panther and thinking it was just like a house cat?

“No, it’s not. They’re like cats,” Nkemdiche said. “If someone comes over and is scared, I’ll put the panther away.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/18/robert-nkemdiche-wants-a-pet-panther-because-whats-one-more-thing/
Reply/Quote
No thanks on this guy.  I could see if he fell to the 3rd maybe but he won't.  Him and Elliott are going to go the way of Johnny Football and bust out when it comes time to play with the big boys.  
Reply/Quote
Put this guy in between Dunlap and Atkins and I'm sure he'll be a nightmare. He just has to want to be that type of player, he has all the tools.
Reply/Quote
I've been mocking him going to the Steelers. I didn't really know why, but now it seems like a sure thing.

I almost wish we'd take him though just for the entertainment value. $10 says when the staff arrive at whatever training camp he ends up in, they find Nkemdiche in an old army tent set up at midfield, eating cold baked beans out of a can and wearing a replica Clubber Lang robe.
Reply/Quote
I don't see any way any team uses a first round pick on him. So far he has just been all hype and no production. He has shown flashes of greatness like the Alabama game, but no where near enough to get in the first round.

To me he looks like a late second round or third round pick. But I would not be surprised if he dropped much later. I am sure every team has done their work checking out his personal background, and it is possible that there are some things that would turn off teams.
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals manage to pick up an extra pick in the 2nd or early 3rd and Nkemdiche is there and the Bengals have selected at least one WR, then yes, I'd take him late 2nd or early 3rd. The upside is tremendous.
Reply/Quote
I don't like the guys lack of production. If we get an interior player at 24 i want it to be Billings.
Reply/Quote