Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Browns' Ex Head Coach Clear Front Runner to be Bengals Next Head Coach
I mean hell the Bengals were founded by an ex Browns head coach.

Browns are apparently deciding between Kitchens and Stefanski (for some reason) as their next head coach. That means Gregg Williams will not be retained in his current role.

Mean and nasty wins the AFC North. He will bring it. Plus dude won 5 out of 8 games as the head coach with the Browns this year. Two more than Hue did in 40 games. He has shown he can win leading an underdog team.

A lot of teams are going for great offensive minded coaches. Of the 14 top scoring defenses this year 11 of them made the playoffs. Defense still wins games. Not to mention our defense was garbage this year and really needs a dramatic change.

And as my Dad pointed out. Last time a former Browns head coach with the name Gregg was leading the Bengals we went to the Super Bowl.

Get it done.
Reply/Quote
Stop it, delete it
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Click bait.

Whatever
Reply/Quote
Cry
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 10:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Stop it, delete it

(01-08-2019, 10:40 PM)Benton Wrote: Click bait.

Whatever

There will be no more whining/pouting around here once Gregg Williams shows up. 
Reply/Quote
I don't think Williams will be considered purely because of him and Hue not getting along. We saw it during the hard knock episodes and I think Hue will be here in some capacity no matter who the new coach is. Most likely our new OC so Mike can fill his familiarity quota.

Look, Williams isn't the greatest role model to have as head coach but I think he could certainly bring some nastiness and discipline back to our defense. If we can't get Bieniemy, Monken, or the Rams coaches, I wouldn't be against it. It's not a coincidence the Browns played much more motivated under him than they did with Hue. Maybe he could even save Burfict assuming concussions haven't totally ruined him?
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 11:55 PM)Whodey614 Wrote: I don't think Williams will be considered purely because of him and Hue not getting along. We saw it during the hard knock episodes and I think Hue will be here in some capacity no matter who the new coach is. Most likely our new OC so Mike can fill his familiarity quota.

Look, Williams isn't the greatest role model to have as head coach but I think he could certainly bring some nastiness and discipline back to our defense. If we can't get Bieniemy, Monken, or the Rams coaches, I wouldn't be against it. It's not a coincidence the Browns played much more motivated under him than they did with Hue. Maybe he could even save Burfict assuming concussions haven't totally ruined him?

I hope you are wrong. But fear you are right. However I am usually surprised by their decisions. Hue has so many things going against him, at least he should. Hell we brought him hear as a special assistant because he was supposed to help us beat the Browns who he had inside knowledge on. We got smashed twice. That alone should be enough to tell him to gtfo. Him and who he gets along with should not be a consideration in this search. We need to worry about winning. Not some ex coach who failed miserably as a head coach and his feelings. 
Reply/Quote
Gregg Williams hasn't beaten a single team with a winning record as HC of the Browns. As HC of the bills, he posted records of 3-13, 8-8, and 6-10 before being fired. Gregg Williams is horrible. He'd have people begging for the return of Marvin Lewis before long. Williams will not he offered a HC gig anytime soon, and will crash and burn if he is. Oh, and he's a pile of trash who likes to incentivize injuries.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 01:52 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Gregg Williams hasn't beaten a single team with a winning record as HC of the Browns. As HC of the bills, he posted records of 3-13, 8-8, and 6-10 before being fired. Gregg Williams is horrible. He'd have people begging for the return of Marvin Lewis before long. Williams will not he offered a HC gig anytime soon, and will crash and burn if he is. Oh, and he's a pile of trash who likes to incentive injuries.

Well, somebody had to say it. 

This team needs a culture-shocking overhaul. Looking at what Bienemy was able to do with the pieces he had in KC tells me that he'd be able to get the most out of Mixon, Gio, Boyd, and Ross. He might even help AJ take his game to the next level. Some of the challenge is scheme, but most of it relies on improving our Oline to open holes and give WRs time to get deep. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn’t want him
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 01:52 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Gregg Williams hasn't beaten a single team with a winning record as HC of the Browns. As HC of the bills, he posted records of 3-13, 8-8, and 6-10 before being fired. Gregg Williams is horrible. He'd have people begging for the return of Marvin Lewis before long. Williams will not he offered a HC gig anytime soon, and will crash and burn if he is. Oh, and he's a pile of trash who likes to incentive injuries.
The browns are still the browns and he won 5 games while leading them. He beat marvins ass twice. 

The Bills in the 15 years since he went 8-8 there have never done better than 9-7. 

Belichick had 5 years leading the Browns. He did better than 8-8 once.

I doubt he was the only coach that incentivized taking out the opponent.

Im sorry but winning 5 out of 8 games with the Browns this year and his Super Bowl ring score big big big points in my book. 
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 02:05 AM)Shady Wrote: Well, somebody had to say it. 

This team needs a culture-shocking overhaul. Looking at what Bienemy was able to do with the pieces he had in KC tells me that he'd be able to get the most out of Mixon, Gio, Boyd, and Ross. He might even help AJ take his game to the next level. Some of the challenge is scheme, but most of it relies on improving our Oline to open holes and give WRs time to get deep. 

Bienemy is #2 on the list
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 11:55 PM)Whodey614 Wrote: I don't think Williams will be considered purely because of him and Hue not getting along. 

Even more reason to bring in Williams. That should be enough to drive Hue off the team.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 10:39 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I mean hell the Bengals were founded by an ex Browns head coach.

Browns are apparently deciding between Kitchens and Stefanski (for some reason) as their next head coach. That means Gregg Williams will not be retained in his current role.

Mean and nasty wins the AFC North. He will bring it. Plus dude won 5 out of 8 games as the head coach with the Browns this year. Two more than Hue did in 40 games. He has shown he can win leading an underdog team.

A lot of teams are going for great offensive minded coaches. Of the 14 top scoring defenses this year 11 of them made the playoffs. Defense still wins games. Not to mention our defense was garbage this year and really needs a dramatic change.

And as my Dad pointed out. Last time a former Browns head coach with the name Gregg was leading the Bengals we went to the Super Bowl.

Get it done.
It sounds right that Cleveland would not keep their best head coach in many years in Gregg Williams.  Cleveland may want to draft another first round QB also.  Why would Cleveland want Head Coach and Quarterback putting up wins ?  Keep the revolving door spinning in Cleveland and go with yet another coach and quarterback. 

I would rather see Gregg Williams in Cincinnati than Hue Stink, if those are the only 2 choices. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Instead of clapping and giggling. We would have a head coach intensely motivating players and chewing major ass when something is done wrong.

I remember the one clip of Marvin in the locker room chewing ass. We all loved it. There wasnt enough of it. There would be no shortage of intensity and passion with Williams. Kind of like Zimmer.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 05:13 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Instead of clapping and giggling. We would have a head coach intensely motivating players and chewing major ass when something is done wrong.

I remember the one clip of Marvin in the locker room chewing ass. We all loved it. There wasnt enough of it. There would be no shortage of intensity and passion with Williams. Kind of like Zimmer.

Ass chewers make for fun football movies, but it's probably not going to cut it with multi million dollar players .. How long do you suppose players would stick around if they knew the head coach only wants to scream at someone every day? Not too long. I worked for such jerks in my life and didn't stick around those jobs. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Punt Hue and bring him in as the DC
Reply/Quote