Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browns complete second interview with Hue; expected to make him a formal offer
2nd Interview for Browns

[Image: th?id=OIP.Md8ac06ee350707ffa84f6f2c908b8...=300&h=300][Image: th?id=OIP.Mfa2b6bb98d283a264ff9c7ed9f196...=205&h=152]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 09:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'd pencil them in for 5 or 6 wins, but let's not go nuts here.
Yeah exactly, just as long as Hue doesn't ACTUALLY make any progress there. The last thing we want in the big bad AFC North is the Cleveland ***** Browns being any good as well.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 08:54 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Except he did. They won a playoff game there (only took him 4 years opposed to Marvin's eternity), but then the next year the team found out the franchise was moving and the team fell apart.

With Cleveland 4 years: 36–44 record, 1 PO victory
With Pats first 5 years:  3 time SB champion 

Reply/Quote
As much as I don't want mccarron to go I feel like hue is deffinatley going to try to pursue him . Would easily start on cleveland ..
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 08:56 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: It better not be Bratkowski.  The fan base can't take another kick in the gut right now.

If they hire Bratkowski back - then I will personally find whoever makes that choice, Drive to Cincinnati  and pimp slap 'em
Reply/Quote
I really hope Hue doesn't end up taking some of our fa's with him...could you imagine Marvin Jones and Sanu and maybe Iloka on the Browns? That would make me sick, but we had our chance and blew it again :/ oh well
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 08:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I have to say that Hue going to Cleveland and taking McCarron with him would be interesting as hell.

Would be massively interesting. I would love putting Mike Brown to the task of working out proper compensation . We all know he won't lose a negotiation.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 09:43 PM)Trademark Wrote: I really hope Hue doesn't end up taking some of our fa's with him...could you imagine Marvin Jones and Sanu and maybe Iloka on the Browns? That would make me sick, but we had our chance and blew it again :/ oh well

The offensive guys would be most at risk. Jones or Sanu. Especially since the Browns are starving at WR.

Defensive guys will stay here with marvin and Pauly.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 09:51 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The offensive guys would be most at risk.   Jones or Sanu.  Especially since the Browns are starving at WR.  

Hey if he's willing to overpay for them...  then so be it.

Just because Hue takes a job somewhere doesn't mean they're jumping for it either.

For all we know they might be more Marvin guys than Hue.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Hue on his own if he go to the Browns. Even Vance wanted no part of that. Jones and/or Sanu may go, but you'd have to think that's worse case scenario for them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Hue deserves another shot at HC. I wish it was here but Giggles remains.

Hue should go anywhere he wants to. No love lost. Marvin did the same thing right?

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 09:43 PM)Trademark Wrote: I really hope Hue doesn't end up taking some of our fa's with him...could you imagine Marvin Jones and Sanu and maybe Iloka on the Browns? That would make me sick, but we had our chance and blew it again :/ oh well

That may be one of the reasons the Browns want him.  They know some of the players would go with him.  I think we need an upgrade on Sanu anyway, but we need to keep Jones.  I wish they'd take Kirkpatrick.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 09:51 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The offensive guys would be most at risk.   Jones or Sanu.  Especially since the Browns are starving at WR.  

If you're Marvin Jones, what would you do?  There ain't no AJ Green on the other side up there.

I would imagine the Bengals will make a good offer.  I don't see him leaving.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I think Hue can turn it around in Cleveland. I wish we would have hired him to be head coach here instead of Marvin.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 10:34 PM)J24 Wrote: I think Hue can turn it around in Cleveland. I wish we would have hired him to be head coach here instead of Marvin.

I don't know.  You have an idiot meddling owner, a serious lack of talent, three much better teams in your four team division, no QB.  I wonder if Bill Walsh could turn that around.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 10:34 PM)J24 Wrote: I think Hue can turn it around in Cleveland. I wish we would have hired him to be head coach here instead of Marvin.

That is something that is going to take more than 2 years, and the owner won't keep a coach around long enough to let it happen.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 10:38 PM)McC Wrote: I wonder if Bill Walsh could turn that around.

While I would rather be a coordinator in Cincinnati than a head coach in Cleveland, I can understand Hue Jackson wanting to command his own boat, so to speak, but a garbage scow leaking toxic waste into Lake Erie wouldn't be a good command.  Hue is a very talented offensive coordinator but I can't see the Turds' Front Office drafting the players he needs to make his system work.  Besides, his offense would have to score at least 35 points per game because their defense sucks.  

Not even Vince Lombardi could turn the Stains around.  Only Paul Brown could do that, and Art Modell fired him.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 08:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I have to say that Hue going to Cleveland and taking McCarron with him would be interesting as hell.

This is exactly what I fear. AJ moves on to Cleveland to be their starting QB. Hue as the head coach could turn them around.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 11:35 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: This is exactly what I fear. AJ moves on to Cleveland to be their starting QB. Hue as the head coach could turn them around.

Or if Haslam pulls a Haslam and fires him in 2 years then we will get hue back and the picks for AJ
Reply/Quote
Cleveland is a dumpster fire    Hue should check out the Giants and any team w/ a decent QB 
Reply/Quote