Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browns complete second interview with Hue; expected to make him a formal offer
I'll be interested in how this plays out. Hue was supposedly the lock for both Buffalo last year, and San Fran this year. Now that is again being said about Cleveland. Maybe he's getting boned last minute, but I'm starting to wonder if Hue's team are overselling the interest from other teams.
Reply/Quote
If he takes a job in Cleveland. As if getting burned by the last train wreck of a franchise you coached for wasn't enough? I'd wish him the best of luck cause he is seriously going to need it if he gets an offer during his second interview.
Reply/Quote
It's easy for us to blast, but there's only 32 of those jobs in the world. And the coach that turns Cleveland around will be a God that blots out Kozar.
Reply/Quote
It's "than" not "then".
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 01:04 AM)tlotharw Wrote: It's "than" not "then".

excellent contribution to this thread.  This isn't reddit, we don't need bullshit grammar police here.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 01:04 AM)tlotharw Wrote: It's "than" not "then".

I can see why you've only made 26 posts with homeruns like these.
Reply/Quote
If he takes the Cleveland job, he'll be right back here the next year as an assist. HC/ offensive quality control.
Reply/Quote
I've been wondering why he'd want Cleveland and Manziel over the Giants and Eli Manning. On it's surface it's hard to imagine why he'd prefer Cleveland, but if you really think about it...

1. Hue, like most coaches, probably wants to pick his QB. He'll get that chance in Cleveland. Not in NY.
2. The Browns have the 2nd overall pick and the 32nd pick.
3. The Browns are probably offering everything and anything to land Hue. All the power he'd possibly want.
4. The Giants have a lame duck GM. If he gets replaced with a new GM, the new GM would want a new HC.
5. He'd get to stay in the AFCN. He's probably very comfortable in this division from his time with the Bengals and Ravens.
6. Lower expectations. The Giants probably expect championship level football. The Browns would erect a statue of Hue if he goes 9-7.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
People said the same thing about Marvin in 2003.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Everyone sounds jealous here bc deep down were all scared Hue goes there turns them
around and beats us bc he knows us just like Marvin did to Baltimore
Who Dey!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 02:34 AM)TSwigZ Wrote: Everyone sounds jealous here bc deep down were all scared Hue goes there turns them
around and beats us bc he knows us just like Marvin did to Baltimore

So Cleveland is an ideal coaching location?
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 09:48 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Would be massively interesting.   I would love putting Mike Brown to the task of working out proper compensation .  We all know he won't lose a negotiation.

Mike Brown can't possibly lose a negotiation because he is the sole owner of an NFL franchise.  The guy is completely without accountability.  He just says "NO" to everything from "GM?" to "indoor practice facility" to "Hey, want 47 picks for Akili Smith?"  Right or wrong decision, he's Mike Brown and he owns the team, so only Mike Brown can fire Mike Brown.

Mike Brown can't lose.  He simply can't.  To act as though he's some sort of crack-shot negotiator is like saying I totally out-negotiated my cat when he was all like "Meow?" and I didn't open the cupboard and get the cat food out and fill up his bowl.  

(01-13-2016, 12:50 AM)gobobro Wrote: I'll be interested in how this plays out. Hue was supposedly the lock for both Buffalo last year, and San Fran this year. Now that is again being said about Cleveland. Maybe he's getting boned last minute, but I'm starting to wonder if Hue's team are overselling the interest from other teams.

Hmm, I can see "The Browns want me as HC" to be the bottom-of-the-barrel threat. The way I see it, Hue would want to go there, or use it as a bargaining chip and Mike will "shrewdly" stand his ground and let Hue leave. Mike wins yet another argument, and the Bengals and the fans are left to weather yet another consequence of Mike's decision-making. Here's hoping it's a good one.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 12:50 AM)gobobro Wrote: I'll be interested in how this plays out. Hue was supposedly the lock for both Buffalo last year, and San Fran this year. Now that is again being said about Cleveland. Maybe he's getting boned last minute, but I'm starting to wonder if Hue's team are overselling the interest from other teams.

Maybe Hue isn't delivering all that the owners want during these interviews. A personality clash with the wrong person on the interview team, and the interest drops enough keep looking, at least for another couple of candidates for comparison's sake. Who knows?
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 02:36 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: So Cleveland is an ideal coaching location?

Of course it isn't, because most ideal coaching locations aren't looking for head coaches.  Look, Hue doesn't have a sterling record as a HC so he's going to have to go to a less than ideal place, or no place at all.  
Reply/Quote
Cleveland is gonna stick w Hugh, or their next coach. Hugh is perfect, coming from Cinci and the way we've done things in recent years.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 02:53 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Cleveland is gonna stick w Hugh, or their next coach. Hugh is perfect, coming from Cinci and we've done things in recent years.

I'm not confident Hue will be super successful, but people forget when Marvin Lewis came here the Bengals had Shula, Coslet, and LeBeau for the span of 10 years (not quite as quick as the Browns fire' em, admittedly), and a 11 seasons with very Browns-like win totals.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 02:59 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not confident Hue will be super successful, but people forget when Marvin Lewis came here the Bengals had Shula, Coslet, and LeBeau for the span of 10 years (not quite as quick as the Browns fire' em, admittedly), and a 11 seasons with very Browns-like win totals.

Why not have confidence in Hue?

He went to Oakland, got that team to 8-8. The Raiders. And they lost their starting QB in week 6. They were 4-2. Ended up being 7-4. They even played Palmer the week they got there. Only had one year of head coaching there.

As an offensive coordinator in 2010 under Jackson’s guidance, the Raiders offense finished fourth in the AFC and sixth in the NFL in scoring (25.6 points per game) also finished fifth in the AFC and 10th in the NFL in total offense (354.6 yards per game) and second in the NFL and AFC in rushing (155.9 yards per game). The Raiders more than doubled their scoring output from the previous year, totaling 410 points. Under Jackson’s offense, RB Darren McFadden finished the season with 1,157 yards rushing on 223 carries for a 5.2 average YPC and 7 rushing touchdowns. McFadden also had 47 receptions for 507 yards and 3 touchdowns. His total numbers were 1,664 total yards and 10 total touchdowns for the 2010 NFL season, making McFadden the NFL's 5th leader in total yards from scrimmage for the 2010 season.

He was also the QB coach for the Ravens in 08-09 and coached Flacco as a rookie. Flacco became the only rookie QB to win two playoff games in NFL history.

Say what you want about the weapons we have, Hue Jackson has done tremendous work everywhere he has gone.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 02:41 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Mike Brown can't possibly lose a negotiation because he is the sole owner of an NFL franchise.  The guy is completely without accountability.  He just says "NO" to everything from "GM?" to "indoor practice facility" to "Hey, want 47 picks for Akili Smith?"  Right or wrong decision, he's Mike Brown and he owns the team, so only Mike Brown can fire Mike Brown.

Mike Brown can't lose.  He simply can't.  To act as though he's some sort of crack-shot negotiator is like saying I totally out-negotiated my cat when he was all like "Meow?" and I didn't open the cupboard and get the cat food out and fill up his bowl.  

Hmm, I can see "The Browns want me as HC" to be the bottom-of-the-barrel threat.  The way I see it, Hue would want to go there, or use it as a bargaining chip and Mike will "shrewdly" stand his ground and let Hue leave.  Mike wins yet another argument, and the Bengals and the fans are left to weather yet another consequence of Mike's decision-making.  Here's hoping it's a good one.

Mike Brown held on to CP until he got strong value. He traded for Reggie Nelson and gave up next to nothing. However you feel about him the guy wins negotiations.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 02:59 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not confident Hue will be super successful, but people forget when Marvin Lewis came here the Bengals had Shula, Coslet, and LeBeau for the span of 10 years (not quite as quick as the Browns fire' em, admittedly), and a 11 seasons with very Browns-like win totals.

If hue is following marvins plan. The. He will benefit from knowing what works after marvins reboot. So he should be able to cut off 5 years from what marvin did.... If Haslam is serious. And will commit no matter what.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 01:05 AM)basballguy Wrote: excellent contribution to this thread.  This isn't reddit, we don't need bullshit grammar police here.

(01-13-2016, 01:19 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I can see why you've only made 26 posts with homeruns like these.

Lighten up guys.

That was the by far the highest quality post twlothrowl has made all day.
Reply/Quote