Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browns could beat the STOOLERS week 17
Honestly? I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Steelers lost one of their last two games. Records/talent levels have a habit of occasionally becoming meaningless (or at least less meaningful) in AFCN games.

The Browns beat the Steelers 31-10 last year.
The Ravens started their season 1-6. Their one win? Against the Steelers.

Neither of those teams were better than the Steelers. AFCN games just have a habit of being weird like that sometimes. (Like the two teams tied for 4th overall scoring offenses playing in a game in putting up a total of 26 points, which is less than each are averaging separately.)

- - - - -
On the other hand, it's why I am a bit more worried about McCarron vs the Ravens. Should easily win the game, but can't assume on any AFCN game.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
For the Browns to win, Manziel would have to have at least two drives like he had at the end of the 2nd quarter of the game at PBS. That game was really in doubt until almost the 4th quarter.

It would also take at least one Roethlisberger pick, especially of the "pick six" variety. There would also have to be good special teams play, like good returns leading to short fields.

The refs would have to see and punish all of Pittsburgh's cheap shots.

It's a TALL order but it would be wonderful to see and a nice late Christmas gift for all the poor Brown's fans.

Next week against the Ravens a third stringer I haven't even heard of is playing but that will be a tough game for the Squealers too.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 05:51 PM)Whacked Wrote: Mock my thread all you want.

You heard it here first. This game is no gimme!

It's AT Cleveland
This is Cleveland's SB and they will take out thier misery on their division rival
Manziel is playing much better (STOOLERS don't do well against mobile QB's)
Cleveland's D is decent
CRAPSburgh may blow this game off a bit (it's the "Browns")
Last game of the season and Cleveland has the ability to spoil CRAPSburgh's season

Just watch. Cross your fingers, toes and eyes.

These douchebags getting bounced from the playoffs and by the Browns will give me almost as pleasure as a Bengals playoff win. It will definitely make up for a Bengals playoff loss. Lol.

WHO DEY

Hey, while we are at it, a much more realistic (and more important) scenario is that Denver could lose on a short week to San Diego.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

You heard it here first. 

Nope. I've already predicted a Browns victory over the Steelers prior to this thread. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2015, 08:29 AM)TreasureCoastBenGal Wrote: The refs would have to see and punish all of Pittsburgh's cheap shots.  

Actually, this is the most probable of all the scenarios. What with the Bengals/Steelers game (brawl) that got out of hand numerous times, reinforced by the fiasco with the Giants and Carolina.......you can bet Dean Blandino has told the refs to throw the flag on any questionable play.....
Reply/Quote
I'll probably go to this game with a Bengals jersey on. Cleveland tickets are going for very cheap nowadays which means to me they're not attending, which finally means the stadium will be filled with Steelers towels and I'll be getting heckled with my AJ hoodie on.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2015, 11:19 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Nope. I've already predicted a Browns victory over the Steelers prior to this thread. 

Wink
Reply/Quote

You heard it here first. This game is no gimme!

It's AT Cleveland
This is Cleveland's SB and they will take out thier misery on their division rival
Manziel is playing much better (STOOLERS don't do well against mobile QB's)
Cleveland's D is decent
CRAPSburgh may blow this game off a bit (it's the "Browns")
Last game of the season and Cleveland has the ability to spoil CRAPSburgh's season

Just watch. Cross your fingers, toes and eyes.

These douchebags getting bounced from the playoffs and by the Browns will give me almost as pleasure as a Bengals playoff win. It will definitely make up for a Bengals playoff loss. Lol.

WHO DEY

I have to disagree with the last part....that Steelers not making play-offs would not make up for another one and done by our Bengals in the play-offs....if that is what you meant or were saying....I now only care about Bengals last 2 regular season games and going deep in the play-offs, hopefully Super Bowl. ....If Bengals go 5 straight one and done's, nobody is going to be talking about the Browns / Steelers game in Week 17 as compensation.....Bengals will still be labeled the franchise that has went the longest without a play-off win ( 1990 season - 25 years )
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2015, 11:11 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Hey, while we are at it, a much more realistic (and more important) scenario is that Denver could lose on a short week to San Diego.  

Good point!
Reply/Quote
We can only hope...
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Steelers will be in the playoffs. They overcame adversity this year .

Reply/Quote
Browns came close to beating the Chiefs and AT the Chiefs!

I'm telling you (as I did in the OP), this Browns team will give the STOOLERS a run for their money.

Then again, after self-destructing today, they might take a currently FAILED season's worth of frustrations out against the poor little Browns now lol
Reply/Quote
Manziel rushed for over 100, he will give them a chance.
Reply/Quote
A Browns win next week would be really nice.
Would love to see Steelers lose last two games of the season against two of the worst teams in the NFL.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2015, 04:15 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Steelers will be in the playoffs. They overcame adversity this year .

only if the jets lose to the bills do they have a shot.
Reply/Quote
Even though Manziel has been fairly competent as starter, it's tough to envision the Steelers losing 2 in a row to bad teams. The Steelers won 30-9 in their last game with the Browns, even with Manziel throwing for 372 yards. The Browns have no run game and that defense isn't as respectable as it used to be.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 03:22 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: only if the jets lose to the bills do they have a shot.

Exactly. I wish I could be at the Browns game to watch the stress on the Steelers fan as they lose in Browns stadium with a Bengals fan there for only one reason (to spit on their yellow towels). I'm sure the Browns are as amped up to try and knock the steelers out of the playoffs, it's as simple as that - Browns win, Steelers are done. Manziel almost took the Chiefs down, time ran out on him (beginner coach/QB mistakes). They are not an easy out right now.

But the Bengals game is probably on at the same time, so I'll need to watch from home.
Reply/Quote
If they beat them. I will never leave those Steeler boards.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 03:45 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Even though Manziel has been fairly competent as starter, it's tough to envision the Steelers losing 2 in a row to bad teams. The Steelers won 30-9 in their last game with the Browns, even with Manziel throwing for 372 yards. The Browns have no run game and that defense isn't as respectable as it used to be.

Steelers are 4-7 in their last 11 games against sub-.500 teams.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 05:11 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If they beat them.   I will never leave those Steeler boards.

Lmbo  Hilarious
Reply/Quote