Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browns game had nothing to do with Chase out
(11-01-2022, 05:23 AM)kevin Wrote: I gave REP POINTS to OP because I was going to post same topic as :

CHASE OUT IS NO EXCUSE

Once again The Browns OUT COACHED and OUT PLAYED the Bengals.  This makes the Browns beating the Bengals in 8 of the last 9 games the 2 teams have played.  So The Browns have Owned the Bengals for 5 years now.  

Last night the ESPN announcers questioned why a Browns Defense that teams have been Running the ball easy on, why did Zac Taylor not run the ball and throw from the start on game to the end of game.  

That the Browns OWN the Bengals every year may be a very basic match up problem.  Zac Taylor and The Bengals Offense play LA Rams West Coast Offense and sometimes even worse, Zac Taylor uses an Arena League Offense.  The Cleveland Browns play Old School SMASH MOUTH FOOTBALL.   So the Zac Taylor West Coast or Arena League may work against some teams, but it isn't working against The Old School Cleveland Browns SMASH MOUTH.  

The Bengals looked WEAK again last night, as they have looked WEAKI against Cleveland for 5 years now.  I'll add Joe Burrow has never beat The Browns, and the Browns do not seem too impressed by the Fancy Dan wardrobe Burrow showed up in at Super Bowl and other games.  They take it to Burrow and his eyes look like a deer caught in a cars headlights whenever he plays The Browns.   So The Fancy Dan Offense and The Fancy Dan quarterback got SMACKED DOWN by OLD SCHOOL again by Cleveland.

It is hard for Me to admit this, because I'm am a Bengals Fan since 1968.  They are my Only Team.  But Facts are Facts.  The Browns OWN The Bengals.  The Browns have won 8 of the last 9 games against Bengals.  Chase was only out for last nights game.  For 5 years the Browns have simply OUT COACHED and OUT PLAYED the Bengals in both THE RUN and THE PASS and THE KICKING GAME and ON DEFENSE.  

So, Fans who may be making CHASE EXCUSES this week, that doesn't explain the Browns beating the Bengals 8 of the last 9 games for 5 years, and some of those as last night were real butt whippings laid on Bengals.

In the First Half the ESPN announcers mentioned Zac Taylor had only called 5 running plays.  They thought that was very strange considering other teams are running at will against The Browns.  The Zac and Burrow Pass Happy Arena League Style has Never beat The Browns and it just looks WEAK against The Browns SMASH MOUTH each and every time the Bengals play The Browns. Oh Yes, the Browns always have more Passing Yards against Bengals, but after the Browns have RAN THE BALL up the Bengals rear ends.  OLD SCHOOL CLEVELAND still uses The Run to set up The Pass, they don't Arena League Pass all game as Bengals do, as if playing TOUCH FOOTY BALL.  

Mixon is going to waste on Bengals and they might as well trade Mixon for one more Pass Catcher if all the Bengals are going to do is PASS every play.  Of course don't expect a long career out of Burrow.  In the 1990's Detroit and Atlanta and a few teams tried to PASS all game, and even stopped carrying Tight Ends, always in a 4 or 5 WR set with no RB or TE.  The problem was their QBs ended up in the hospital getting clobbered on every play, and why this type Arena League Offense didn't last long in the Harder Hitting NFL.

One thing our Bengals did was correct. If Bengals are not going to beat Cleveland anymore, by all means, take Paul Browns name OFF the stadium, because Paul Brown believed in Winning some of these games against Cleveland.   Joe Burrow may want to take off the Fancy Pants Zoot Suits until he actually wins a Browns Game, because The Bengals are Choking on THE HUMBLE PIE that Cleveland keeps shoving down their throats each year.

Tiger

The Cleveland Browns play Old School SMASH MOUTH FOOTBALL. 

I greatly appreciated this part of your post . Thanks
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 09:38 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Not having Chase hurt, but the way the game unfolded it sure felt like a loss would be the outcome even with #1 on the field.

Anytime your tackles play as bad as the Bengals played last night, there's going to be trouble. Myles Garrett wrecked the passing game. On a play that Jonah had help, Garrett just spun inside, knocked Jonah off balance and Perine was standing there with nothing to do but pick his nose because Garrett was on Burrow in less than 2.5 seconds. 

The reason they had been playing better was because Burrow had clean pockets to work from. 

It doesn't help that the Bengals almost refuse to drag guys across the middle. Their route combinations are sometimes painful to watch when it's 3rd and 7 and they have 2 guys on the left run flat routes AT EXACTLY THE SAME DEPTH, while the TE runs a dig on the other side right into a double team. Burrow just did some happy feet dance and dropped the ball over the middle to Perine, who had a defender already on him, for a 2 yard gain.

It looked like Burrow was intent on getting the ball out of his hands as fast as he could and when he actually did have time, guys like Mike Thomas drop perfectly thrown balls. Then on top of that, the Browns were allowed to be handsy all night. On at least 2 occasions that i remember, when a receiver was about to run by them, they just gave a quick grab and tug to slow them down. No flag. They did throw one on a play to Tee though...once.

Say the name Donovan Peoples-Jones and unless you're a Bengals fan, probably no other NFL fan has ever heard of him. 

I'm almost getting the feeling that the Browns are in their heads now. 

P.S. Joe Mixon is soooo terribly awful at finding holes it's also painful to watch as well. He misses so many, it's astounding. And then sometimes, when he has room, he runs so close to his blockers that the defender just needs to reach out and stop or slow him down. I started to type so many replies to a thread last week about him, to talk about how bad his vision and balance is...but i stopped because i like the attitude and "hard work" he brings to the team. Well, not any more. That guy needs to be replaced. Watch just about any run of his and you will see wide open holes that he choses to ignore while trying to squeeze between 2-4 300lb men. Oh, and his pass blocking is horrific. Perine isn't a whole lot better as a runner, but at least he can find and get through holes that are there.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 09:54 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: This Sunday the Bengals will beat the Carolina Panthers easily and over the bye week everyone will think all is well in Cincinnati.  

Trust me, it’s not.  All is not well.

I agree and here is why.  Bengals went 10-7 last year which is OK and better than I expected.  Then they got HOT in the Play-offs.  

But last years Bengals went 4-2 in the AFC North to barely make the Play-Offs.  We should not forget that in the last 2 weeks of the 2021 season, it was possible Bengals might not make play-offs, even after beating Steelers and Ravens.  Had Bengals not beat Chiefs, the Bengals would have dropped out of AFC North First Place and dropped out of Wild Card to other teams in AFC.   We forget that because Bengals did get in and got so HOT in play-offs. 

OK, last years team went 4-2 in the AFC North.   This years team CAN NOT have a winning record in the AFC North.  The Bengals are already 0-3 in Division play.   Those losses count as Double because not only is it a Bengals loss, but a Win for the other teams in the same Division.  I will point out 2009 season when Bengals Fans complained Bengals could only Run The Ball and could only beat AFC North Teams, as the Bengals went 6-0 in the AFC North in 2009 on the back of running back Benson.  I never understood why Fans complained about sweeping the Browns, Ravens and Steelers that year and making the Play-Offs, except losing to the Jets twice in 7 days was a sour end to season and play-offs. 

You are right , ALL is NOT well even if Bengals beat Panthers.   The Bengals sit at 0-3 in the AFC North.   Here is some bad news on that.   The Bengals play at Pittsburgh still which is a tough place to play.   Then the Ravens play in Cincy and the Ravens have made trades to not just win the AFC North but the Super Bowl.  At end of season Browns play at Cincy and Watson will probably be at Quarterback and the Browns have beat Bengals 8 of the last 9 games.  

So Bengals sit at 0-3 in AFC North and going 3-3 is in doubt.  Very possible Bengals get SWEPT by some AFC NORTH teams this year.  One thing is for certain.  Bengals swept Ravens and Steelers last year, and that can NOT happen this year.  Bengals are 0-3 in AFC North, so ALL is NOT well.  

I would add though that if Bengals beat Panthers, they are a Win over Tampa away from SWEEPING the NFC SOUTH, and THAT could help play-off chances if AFC North teams lose to NFC South, but only if Bengals win out against AFC North in 3 hard battles after bye week. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 03:19 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Maybe I'm out of touch with the modern NFL but isn't the best way to slow a pass rush to run at it?

Seems like draw plays, runs up the middle with Perine, and screens would have been the correct moves with the way the Browns DL was getting home.

I knew it would never happen, but when they did nothing the first three drives (although the very first drive was moving the ball before the tipped INT) that they should put an extra OT out there and two WR with one TE and try to pound the ball with an occasional deep shot.  Especially when the game turned in to a blowout.  I HATED that they left Burrow in there to take all those hits.  It isn't being tough.  It is being stupid.  

Incredibly disappointed, but not overly surprised.  For whatever reason, the Browns have the Bengals number.  Their backs were against the wall and they played like it.  The Bengals played like they forgot who they were and losing Chido has all but cost them any chances this season.  I only say that because they didn't make any moves to pick up a veteran CB and Chido was the second most important player on the defense (IMHO) behind Reader.  
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 11:44 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Anytime your tackles play as bad as the Bengals played last night, there's going to be trouble. Myles Garrett wrecked the passing game. On a play that Jonah had help, Garrett just spun inside, knocked Jonah off balance and Perine was standing there with nothing to do but pick his nose because Garrett was on Burrow in less than 2.5 seconds. 

The reason they had been playing better was because Burrow had clean pockets to work from. 

It doesn't help that the Bengals almost refuse to drag guys across the middle. Their route combinations are sometimes painful to watch when it's 3rd and 7 and they have 2 guys on the left run flat routes AT EXACTLY THE SAME DEPTH, while the TE runs a dig on the other side right into a double team. Burrow just did some happy feet dance and dropped the ball over the middle to Perine, who had a defender already on him, for a 2 yard gain.

It looked like Burrow was intent on getting the ball out of his hands as fast as he could and when he actually did have time, guys like Mike Thomas drop perfectly thrown balls. Then on top of that, the Browns were allowed to be handsy all night. On at least 2 occasions that i remember, when a receiver was about to run by them, they just gave a quick grab and tug to slow them down. No flag. They did throw one on a play to Tee though...once.

Say the name Donovan Peoples-Jones and unless you're a Bengals fan, probably no other NFL fan has ever heard of him. 

I'm almost getting the feeling that the Browns are in their heads now. 

P.S. Joe Mixon is soooo terribly awful at finding holes it's also painful to watch as well. He misses so many, it's astounding. And then sometimes, when he has room, he runs so close to his blockers that the defender just needs to reach out and stop or slow him down. I started to type so many replies to a thread last week about him, to talk about how bad his vision and balance is...but i stopped because i like the attitude and "hard work" he brings to the team. Well, not any more. That guy needs to be replaced. Watch just about any run of his and you will see wide open holes that he choses to ignore while trying to squeeze between 2-4 300lb men. Oh, and his pass blocking is horrific. Perine isn't a whole lot better as a runner, but at least he can find and get through holes that are there.

This is it.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote