Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browns in first, Bengals need a win
I can't believe the Browns are currently first in the AFC North division. The Bengals need a win Monday night to stay close. If we win, we are only a game out of first. lol
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Yeah I think the AFC North will be the internet meme division this year.
Reply/Quote
Unfortunately, I think this is much closer to who the Browns really are than the team that got curb stomped by the Titans.

Mayfield is young and will make mistakes, but he’s shown he can put up big numbers. With the weapons he has at WR and also Nick Chubb, if their defense is even halfway decent they will be a tough team. Probably the best in the division like many predicted.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2019, 09:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Probably the best in the division like many predicted.

If it is them, it beats being the Steelers again. 
Reply/Quote
Well if the Ravens would have won, would we have not needed a win?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2019, 09:28 PM)Destro Wrote: If it is them, it beats being the Steelers again. 

True, but only slightly.

We all are at least used to the Steelers being good. The Browns fans will be insufferable if they start winning a lot.

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2019, 09:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: True, but only slightly.

We all are at least used to the Steelers being good. The Browns fans will be insufferable if they start winning a lot.

They can only say so much. Steelers fans have been the trash flies buzzing in our ears forever. 
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2019, 09:51 PM)Destro Wrote: They can only say so much. Steelers fans have been the trash flies buzzing in our ears forever. 

If not us, I’d honestly prefer the Ravens. I hate the Steelers, strongly dislike the Browns, and am pretty much indifferent towards the Ravens. Maybe because we’ve had some success over them, or that I’ve liked some of their players like Ed Reed, but they don’t bother me much.

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2019, 09:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: True, but only slightly.

It's all pretty bad, really.  Steeler fans are either talking trash about the current season (well...not this one), or they just delve into the 6 SB wins.  The wacky thing is that we are getting to a point where 4 of the 6 SB wins the Steelers have are 40 to 46 years old which is getting close to those ancient days when the Browns were dominating the NFL themselves.

I can't hold any amount of celebration against Browns fans if they're anything close to decent...they've waited long enough for their chance to be obnoxious and Bengals fans crowing about 5 straight one and dones probably looked a bit stupid too. Eh...as long as we all hate the Steelers the most I'm fine.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2019, 09:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well if the Ravens would have won, would we have not needed a win?

Moreso since Baltimore would have been 3-1. If anything Cleveland winning is a positive. I think the concern with the Browns is the first half is where it'd be nice to have them stumble. When they get Hunt for the second-half they could be a bunch more dangerous, better for them to dig a hole for themselves now. But overall, Baltimore losing is a good thing. 

Still need to get the W tomorrow though or any of it to really matter.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2019, 10:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If not us, I’d honestly prefer the Ravens. I hate the Steelers, strongly dislike the Browns, and am pretty much indifferent towards the Ravens. Maybe because we’ve had some success over them, or that I’ve liked some of their players like Ed Reed, but they don’t bother me much.

Well, this will come off pathetic and I know it but since the Ravens rarely stand in our way and often are the ones who stymie the Steelers I'm mostly ok with them.  The Browns I see as being so bad for so long that I don't mind them other than the way they would give us 2 wins per year but give the Steelers and Ravens a total of 4 wins per year.  Other than that, if they can beat the Steelers or Ravens I don't mind them.  Hell, the Browns being good enough to beat us last year is possibly why we were allowed to finally have a HC who isn't Marvin.

Losing to the Browns may be the only way we ever see positive change.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2019, 09:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Unfortunately, I think this is much closer to who the Browns really are than the team that got curb stomped by the Titans.

Mayfield is young and will make mistakes, but he’s shown he can put up big numbers. With the weapons he has at WR and also Nick Chubb, if their defense is even halfway decent they will be a tough team. Probably the best in the division like many predicted.

Honestly, the Ravens played like crap on D for almost the entire game; if they played today like they did the first 3 weeks, cut the Browns points in half (Landry's 2 long catches were both due to poor play by Bmore, NOT because of anything Landry did).

Personally, I think this was a hangover game for the Ravens (like us vs. 49ers); they still put up plenty of yards on offense and 25 points (should've had more), but shot themselves in the foot constantly (Chris Moore, FFS).

Until they consistently screw up like they did today, Ravens are still the class of the division, IMO.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2019, 11:40 PM)Ravage Wrote: Moreso since Baltimore would have been 3-1. If anything Cleveland winning is a positive. I think the concern with the Browns is the first half is where it'd be nice to have them stumble. When they get Hunt for the second-half they could be a bunch more dangerous, better for them to dig a hole for themselves now. But overall, Baltimore losing is a good thing. 

Still need to get the W tomorrow though or any of it to really matter.

I don't think Kareem Hunt's gonna have much impact. Nick Chubb is the much better back. Sure Hunt will get some snaps every game, but they aren't gonna shift to a timeshare. Chubb's already proven his worth as a bell cow, and wasn't very good when he was part of a committee last year.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2019, 11:44 PM)jason Wrote: I don't think Kareem Hunt's gonna have much impact. Nick Chubb is the much better back. Sure Hunt will get some snaps every game, but they aren't gonna shift to a timeshare. Chubb's already proven his worth as a bell cow, and wasn't very good when he was part of a committee last year.

I don't like Hunt due to what he did in the Hotel, but he was a VERY good dual threat back before the investigation and getting cut last season and he's 24 years old with a full season of not getting hit so he's got plenty left on his wheels. Plus he's not coming off an injury so while he'll be rusty there isn't any issues like "does he trust the knee" or anything like that. He led the entire NFL in rushing as a rookie in 2017,  while also putting up 8 TD's on the ground, 53 catches, 455 yards, and 3 TD's through the air. Last year in 11 games he still had 824 yards on the ground with 7 TD's and another 26 catches 378 yards and 7 receiving TD's.  That's not an inferior back. Chubb is good, but he's not the receiving talent that Hunt is (80.6% catch percentage, 10.5 ypc, 10 rec TD's for Hunt on 79 career catches to Chubb's 70.5%, 7.4 ypc, 2 rec TD's on 31 grabs (not including his 3 rec, 18 yard, 0 TD receiving game today). If Hunt can knock the rust off he can be a monster on the field, and both of them could be even worse. 
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2019, 11:44 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Until they consistently screw up like they did today, Ravens are still the class of the division, IMO.

I wouldn't put the Browns into the playoffs just yet obviously, but the Ravens beat the Dolphins and Cardinals and they've lost against the two teams they played that seem to have pulses, so who knows.

Again, tomorrow will tell us a lot about this Bengals team.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 12:22 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I wouldn't put the Browns into the playoffs just yet obviously, but the Ravens beat the Dolphins and Cardinals and they've lost against the two teams they played that seem to have pulses, so who knows.

Absolutely.

I think of you reverse KC and Cle., Ravens win one of them.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
This is just about as much of a "must win" game as you can get this early in the season.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals are 1-10 over the last 11 games. Have to relearn how to win.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 12:22 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I wouldn't put the Browns into the playoffs just yet obviously, but the Ravens beat the Dolphins and Cardinals and they've lost against the two teams they played that seem to have pulses, so who knows.

Yep. We'll find out how this iteration (the "New Dey," as it were) will poo its galoshes against Pittsburgh. 

There is no Le'Veon Bell to leave wide open in the flats. No Jeremy Hill to fumble away sure victory.

No Fat Sex Offenders to constantly dance clumsily around our tackling efforts. 

No Antonio Brown. No Burfict. No AJ. No Merv. No wins twixt the combatants through 6 combined games!

Many new members of this ensemble on both sides. Lots of new variables, but the result will inevitably be the same. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2019, 09:01 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I can't believe the Browns are currently first in the AFC North division. The Bengals need a win Monday night to stay close. If we win, we are only a game out of first. lol

The Browns were in first place all the way into late November in 2014 and they ended up last place at 7-9 after 5 straight losses.
I'm not too concerned with the Browns. They have good talent but will have up and down weeks.
Even if the Browns win the division, it's better than the Steelers IMO.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote