Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Browns just got Amari Cooper...
Reply/Quote
Wait? Cooper and a 6th for a 5th and a 6th?
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 04:28 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Wait? Cooper and a 6th for a 5th and a 6th?

All about the Benjamins
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Lets trade for La'el Collins now. The Cowboys are freeing up cap space. DO IT! Mellow
Reply/Quote
Edit: I didn't see this was already in the AFC North sub forum, mods feel free to delete my post.

https://www.nfl.com/news/browns-agree-to-trade-for-cowboys-wr-amari-cooper

Good move for Cleveland.

Browns give up a '22 5th and a do a 6th round swap.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 04:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Lets trade for La'el Collins now. The Cowboys are freeing up cap space. DO IT! Mellow

If it costs a fifth or less you’ve got nothing to lose.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 04:51 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: If it costs a fifth or less you’ve got nothing to lose.

Heck, we couldn't get a player at 31 as good as Collins.

I would trade that for him, let alone a 5th or less.
Reply/Quote
The cuts will be coming in CLE after this.
They only had about $16 mill in cap before this trade, and Cooper's base salary over the next 3 years will be $20 mill each year.
You'd almost have to guarantee Landry will get let go to free up $14.8 mill in cap.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 04:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Heck, we couldn't get a player at 31 as good as Collins.

I would trade that for him, let alone a 5th or less.

I wouldn’t give up 31, the guy has serious red flags. From play perspective only, sure he’s worth that. I don’t think he’s worth that price for the risk that comes with him though. That said, I’m not sure it makes sense for them cap wise to move him before the draft anyway trade or cut. Might end up giving a 2023 pick for him after June 1.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 05:04 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I wouldn’t give up 31, the guy has serious red flags. From play perspective only, sure he’s worth that. I don’t think he’s worth that price for the risk that comes with him though. That said, I’m not sure it makes sense for them cap wise to move him before the draft anyway trade or cut. Might end up giving a 2023 pick for him after June 1.

You can't go through the prime part of FA and the draft without having your starting RT solidified. If the trade doesn't go through, you're ***ed.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 05:03 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The cuts will be coming in CLE after this.
They only had about $16 mill in cap before this trade, and Cooper's base salary over the next 3 years will be $20 mill each year.
You'd almost have to guarantee Landry will get let go to free up $14.8 mill in cap.

Nice, might of even hurt the Stains for all we know. Cooper doesn't scare me either with us having Awuzie.

(03-12-2022, 05:04 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I wouldn’t give up 31, the guy has serious red flags. From play perspective only, sure he’s worth that. I don’t think he’s worth that price for the risk that comes with him though. That said, I’m not sure it makes sense for them cap wise to move him before the draft anyway trade or cut. Might end up giving a 2023 pick for him after June 1.

The red flags on Collins are the reason we might not go after him but I find it well worth the gamble with us having Pollack 
who is a disciplinarian type of OL coach. Collins fits our biggest need going into FA and it would be in the Cowboys best interest
to trade Collins before the draft to add another pick. I honestly don't care about the details, make the trade. We aren't going to 
get a better RT, there might not be a better RT in the NFL than La'el Collins. I think Pollack can handle him with his red flags.

Trading Collins to us gets the Cowboys an extra pick and frees up cap space before FA starts. Win win for both sides.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 05:10 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You can't go through the prime part of FA and the draft without having your starting RT solidified. If the trade doesn't go through, you're ***ed.

It doesn’t make sense for Dallas to trade him before then. That’s the problem.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 05:34 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: It doesn’t make sense for Dallas to trade him before then. That’s the problem.

I understand that, but it also doesn't make sense for Cincy to wait.
So they'll need to have some kind of cheaper stopgap (Ifedi?) or risk going with someone already on the roster or a rookie until they could possibly make the trade.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
It's almost as if WRs don't have as much value as other position groups....

Why would the Browns do this though, who the hell is going to throw him the ball. OBJ showed how bad Baker was by going to a different team with a better QB and looking top shelf again.

Mid-season Cooper will be begging to get out of town.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 05:51 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: It's almost as if WRs don't have as much value as other position groups....

Why would the Browns do this though, who the hell is going to throw him the ball. OBJ showed how bad Baker was by going to a different team with a better QB and looking top shelf again.

I don’t like baker but he was playing injured this year

He’s a media whipping boy
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 05:51 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: It's almost as if WRs don't have as much value as other position groups....

I might be missing your point, but WR is one of the most valuable positions. The Cowboys are getting off of Amari because they were about to cut him, so they got a little bit of comp in return. Also, Cooper isn’t some superstar receiver, either. He’s a good but not great type guy. All of this translated into a really cheap offloading.
Reply/Quote

Exactly
Reply/Quote

You’re really going to die on this hill aren’t you?

Even after a team like the Bengals made a Super Bowl run aided largely by their superstar WR. Even after seeing a team viewed as a contender like Arizona completely fall apart without their superstar WR. Even after Cooper Kupp just won Super Bowl MVP and the triple crown. Even after the Packers just tagged Devante Adams…

The WR position is more important in the modern NFL than has ever been.

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 05:52 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I don’t like baker but he was playing injured this year

He’s a media whipping boy

The shoulder was on his non throwing arm. We just saw our QB make a Super Bowl run with a busted up finger on his actual throwing hand…

Anyway, it’s not just last year. Baker has never built off that promising rookie season. The next season he threw almost as many picks as TD, and he’s yet to throw for 30 TD’s in a single season or break a 100 rating. And with the OL and running game he’s had that falls largely on him. Not to mention the HoF pass rusher he has on his defense. They’ve put a lot of really good pieces around him up there.

Reply/Quote
Also, why is this in Jungle Noise?

Reply/Quote