Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browns messed up deal for McCarron - Bengals miss out on a haul
Details.

Wow.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2017/10/31/cleveland-browns-miss-chance-land-cincinnati-bengals-quarterback-aj-mccarron/819064001/
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 06:44 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Details.

Wow.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2017/10/31/cleveland-browns-miss-chance-land-cincinnati-bengals-quarterback-aj-mccarron/819064001/

Maybe they changed their minds at the last minute but didn't want to come out and say it and appealed it knowing it would be denied.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
According to the article, the problem was a disconnect between the Team (I read that as GM) and coaching (I read as Hue Jackson) about AJ McCarron. What that tells me is that Hue Jackson didn't want AJ McCarron, but the Management did. Projecting this forward, I see Hue Jackson not lasting long in Cleveland.

I don't say this because Hue didn't want AJ, but because of the riff between him and the GM. I had also read that Hue was furious about the Browns unloading recent high draft picks, in the recent past.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Jim,

Mary Kay Cabot is now reporting we are the ones who failed to turn in the correct document. What is the truth?
Reply/Quote
I feel like the fact that they obviously have a timestamped email that has the document sent between teams, each with identical documents with signatures from both teams being submitted either to each other or to the league office prior to the 4pm deadline should mean this trade should go through.

Both teams want the trade to happen and it was decided and paperwork was drawn up and signed prior to the deadline means a successful trade to me.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 10:29 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I feel like the fact that they obviously have a timestamped email that has the document sent between teams, each with identical documents with signatures from both teams being submitted either to each other or to the league office prior to the 4pm deadline should mean this trade should go through.

Both teams want the trade to happen and it was decided and paperwork was drawn up and signed prior to the deadline means a successful trade to me.

I don't know the technicalities but I kinda agree.  If the Browns send in a signed document and the bengals send in their signed document and the trade details are exactly the same then that should suffice.  At least allow them to get a fully signed document in to the nfl office as there was clear intent.I don't think the Browns were all on the same page.

I hope they can agree on something in the offseason 

Reply/Quote