Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browns resting starters, should we do the same?
(01-03-2024, 05:53 PM)Synric Wrote: I wouldn't mind seeing Trey Hendrickson completely annihilate whichever practice squad OT the Browns start and take the sack crown...

x2

Love me some Trey and he deserves a shot at the sack record! Screw Watt!
Reply/Quote
I'm convinced the Bengals are going to win this last game so it's whatever.

I mean I guess I'll always cherish the memories of Brownings 3 game stretch but it really kicked us in the balls for draft position. Yes the draft ultimately is a fluke but you do more times often than not get your guy the earlier you pick.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2024, 04:36 PM)Nepa Wrote: The Browns are resting players because they are locked into the playoffs. The Bengals are out of the playoffs. Why would they rest players?  So they're refreshed to be able to sit and watch the playoffs?

And do you really want to lose to Jeff Driskell (!) and the Browns (!) in front of a home crowd, when the Browns are resting players? As it is, even with the Browns resting players, there is a chance the Bengals could lose. That would be a total embarrassment. Not to mention adding both a losing record and 0-6 in the division. Couldn't exact wear our Bengals' jerseys with pride if they end up being 0-6 in the division.

What is worse, playing guys and ne or more tears their ACL and out for a portion or all of 2024 or rest the core so no way it happens?

What is worse, playing your starters and lose to Driskell or not play core players and lose?

Bengals players have played 57 games the past 3 years, Browns have played 51 games due to our playoff and Super Bowl runs. Don't our guys deserve a break to get ready for 2024?

I get the win mentality, but I guarantee you if one of our core guys has a major injury, ZT's head should be on the line.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2024, 04:40 PM)Wyche Wrote: Ssshhhhhiiiiidddddd....I was wearing Bengals gear in the 90s. LOL

That was actually the decade I wore it the most.....lol. I moved to Florida & pretty much stopped wearing it outside of my home.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2024, 04:17 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I understand Browns are giving their starters a week off to rest and also as important to avoid injuries.

Should we risk our core players playing Sunday to avoid a major injury that could impact the 2024 season?

I say hell yes, sit them, run vanilla offenses and defenses like a pre season game.

A win against a team not playing their starters gets a big time asterisk next to it, why risk it.

I mean seriously, is this your first day as a Bengals fan? Shocked Mike Brown is NEVER going to let his team lay down when playing the Browns. There is a not a team in the league he despises to lose to more. 
Reply/Quote
Browns fans don’t put an asterisk next to their win in 2021.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2024, 09:04 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I mean seriously, is this your first day as a Bengals fan? Shocked Mike Brown is NEVER going to let his team lay down when playing the Browns. There is a not a team in the league he despises to lose to more. 
Exactly. Which is why I hope they lose. I want Mike to spell out "hire an OC" to Zac using Wendy's French fries, underlined for emphasis, with ketchup.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2024, 04:24 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: im pretty sure they want to avoid both a losing season and 0-6 in the division.   what starters are left play them make them earn their pay.

This sucks if your right? Go 0-6 and realize how bad we need to fix this team. I would play backups and tell the starters the seasons over. There is no pride if we win this game. 

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2024, 09:18 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Browns fans don’t put an asterisk next to their win in 2021.

No they do not, and if you listen to Good Morning Football or any talking head show, when they bring up the Browns' recent dominance over the Bengals they'll skip right over the win we gave them in late '21.  This game is just the Browns' chance to return the favor.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2024, 04:17 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I understand Browns are giving their starters a week off to rest and also as important to avoid injuries.

Should we risk our core players playing Sunday to avoid a major injury that could impact the 2024 season?

I say hell yes, sit them, run vanilla offenses and defenses like a pre season game.

A win against a team not playing their starters gets a big time asterisk next to it, why risk it.

Yes and no, players have incentives in their contracts , not good culture to bench them, 2nd half start to pull some starters , plus they have all offseason to heal up.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2024, 09:23 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Exactly. Which is why I hope they lose. I want Mike to spell out "hire an OC" to Zac using Wendy's French fries, underlined for emphasis, with ketchup.

Zac's crew is coming off back-to-back AFCN Championships, two AFC Championship games, and a Super Bowl. MB is not going to call for coaching changes after one average season when we didn't have a healthy starting QB for most of it. Y'all are dreaming.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2024, 11:05 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Zac's crew is coming off back-to-back AFCN Championships, two AFC Championship games, and a Super Bowl. MB is not going to call for coaching changes after one average season when we didn't have a healthy starting QB for most of it. Y'all are dreaming.
So let a man dream!
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2024, 04:56 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If we were smart, we would.

Don't be like the Dolphins, who still had their starters in against Baltimore when they were down 30 points and Bradley Chubb, their leading pass rusher, tore his ACL on a meaningless play.

Exactly.  No need for us to risk a serious injury to one of our key players.  I would let Hendrickson play if he wants to go after this years sack title.  He has earned that right if he wants to go after it.

I would IR Higgins because of his hamstring and Chase because of his shoulder and use those roster spots on a couple of the practice squad players.  You also have your 2 call ups you could use.  Dont we want some kind of idea about Davis at DT to see if we could use him next year as depth? or a couple of the other guys at different positions?  We dont want to get into next year and say, I wish we had seen ________  play last year going into free agency and the draft.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2024, 06:39 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I'm convinced the Bengals are going to win this last game so it's whatever.

I mean I guess I'll always cherish the memories of Brownings 3 game stretch but it really kicked us in the balls for draft position.  Yes the draft ultimately is a fluke but you do more times often than not get your guy the earlier you pick.

The Draft is still like playing in Vegas, winning teams overtime seem to do just fine drafting where they do, maybe it's building a culture of winning that helps
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2024, 05:51 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: The Draft is still like playing in Vegas, winning teams overtime seem to do just fine drafting where they do, maybe it's building a culture of winning that helps

Well here's the real issue... winning organizations have the coaches and scouting that are among the best in the league.

The Bengals on the other hand really need sure fire NFL players... because we aren't developing or picking the right players historically. 
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Are we making sure our starters are well-rested to clean out their locker? Anyone who has an injury that could get aggravated should sit out, but that's about it.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2024, 06:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Are we making sure our starters are well-rested to clean out their locker? Anyone who has an injury that could get aggravated should sit out, but that's about it.

No doubt. One thing's for sure. Uno wants to play. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2024, 12:51 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: No doubt. One thing's for sure. Uno wants to play. 

Yep.

Reply/Quote
This is the final game to evaluate your plans going into the offseason, so play guys you want to see about having a future.

Put Charlie Jones in the slot to see if slot is covered if/when Boyd leaves.
Put Iosivas in at WR2.
Hudson at TE, including run blocking reps.
Chase Brown at RB to see if he can carry the load if Mixon were to be out.
Let someone else try RT instead of Jonah.
Turner outside in place of Awuzie.
Get Carter a good amount of reps at DT.

But I would still play (some of) the guys who will be under contract for 2024 and beyond as well.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2024, 12:51 PM)Wyche Wrote: No doubt. One thing's for sure. Uno wants to play. 

Good players always want to win 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote