Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thank you Ian Rapoport
I'll believe it when I see it
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2020, 10:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I highly doubt Wedge is trying to pick on Boyd. Completely unbias, Boyd screwed up and he would say the same.

I dunno... I think having an utter scrub under center was the biggest reason we lost that game. The fact that he was starting intentionally points the finger at the guy on the sidelines with the headset on.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Just because your active and shopping, does that mean you will actually buy? What’s the premium the bengals will have to pay to have someone choose us over just about any other franchise?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 10:09 AM)jason Wrote: I dunno... I think having an utter scrub under center was the biggest reason we lost that game. The fact that he was starting intentionally points the finger at the guy on the sidelines with the headset on.

Tbf Dalton was also terrible last season, so giving Finley a shot was pretty understandable.

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 10:20 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Just because your active and shopping, does that mean you will actually buy?  What’s the premium the bengals will have to pay to have someone choose us over just about any other franchise?

I don't think they will pay more than $10 mill a year average for an outside FA.
But they will overpay someone about $5-8 mill a year when their value is probably $2 mill under that.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 01:44 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Interesting also to see that the Bengals were not the cheap end of teams when it comes to pay as so many want to make out.. yes they don;t do the bit money in the Free Agents but they still are not at the bottom like so many want to say

The Brown Family is definitely cheap. Defenders want to point to how much they've spent. Well not only is there a cap, there's also a floor. So they have to spend. The issue is who and how they spend it so that they don't really have to mess with free agency. Regardless of team (or even personal) performance, they like to re-sign their own to front loaded contracts to make cap disappear as quickly as possible. Plus, it's been noted many times that the Bengals are always at or near the top of the League for money saved for injuries.

Someone else mentioned it earlier in the thread, but the ridiculous contracts given to Bernard, Hart, and Webb last season could've been much better used to bring in a player who would potentially be an upgrade. Instead of spending the money on 1 quality player, the Family likes to spread it around to a bunch of marginal players. It's the Bengals way. Why improve when you can constantly re-sign your own and bring in a multitude of cheap players and still make the money disappear?

People can point to certain seasons all they want, but constantly re-signing an injury prone Eifert, overpaying Hart, overpaying Webb, overpaying Bernard, so and so on help contribute to losing seasons and a losing culture. Yeah it's nice they're middle of the League in spending, but that means they could still be spending more. It also means they are obviously doing a poor job of who they're spending the money on.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 02:09 AM)Benton Wrote: Good points.

Personally, I think we'll try and add an olineman, a lb and a cb. We've got a good chunk to spend of Mike spends what he usually does, and there should be at least a couple good signings. Given our draft position, that taking a position or two of need opens it up to taking players wewant for down the road I stead of trying to find 2020 starters.

If we get a decent O-lineman, LB and CB in FA it completely opens up the Draft and we can look to the future in replacing 
our stud players like AJ, Geno and Big Los. This would be huge and it would bring back a lot of fans especially with Burrow
coming in to replace Andy.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 10:09 AM)jason Wrote: I dunno... I think having an utter scrub under center was the biggest reason we lost that game. The fact that he was starting intentionally points the finger at the guy on the sidelines with the headset on.

Had to give someone else a shot, seeing the noodle arm of Finley and Zac thinking he could be that someone does make you
wonder about him. At least with Dolegala he has a big arm and upside, Zac had to of seen Finley's noodle arm in practice.

Zac has a lot to work on that is for sure.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 02:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: If we get a decent O-lineman, LB and CB in FA it completely opens up the Draft and we can look to the future in replacing 
our stud players like AJ, Geno and Big Los. This would be huge and it would bring back a lot of fans especially with Burrow
coming in to replace Andy.

A decent lb and ol as our outside free agent spending would have me stoked. I don’t see them spending on cb unless they get rid of dalton, Glenn and Dre.

Maybe I’ve just been conditioned to not expect much from them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 02:41 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: A decent lb and ol as our outside free agent spending would have me stoked.  I don’t see them spending on cb unless they get rid of dalton, Glenn and Dre.

Maybe I’ve just been conditioned to not expect much from them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we all have been conditioned that way. But if there was a year to do it, this is the year. Dalton and Glenn won't be here,
and there have already been rumors of Kirkpatrick being cut. Could happen man, as Shake said we will have like 60 mil to spend
if this happens, that is a lot of dough and there are a lot of players out there that would help take care of our weaknesses.

A Free Agency of Trai Turner, Kwiatkowski and Bradley Roby would have me stoked and we would be able to afford them.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 12:44 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The last time we went 2-14, we went on a spending spree the following year, signing Tory James, John Thornton, Duane Clemons, Kevin Hardy, Reggie Kelly, etc.

You have to understand, we're about to have over $70 million in cap space after parting with Dalton and Glenn, and hardly anyone on this team is worthy of a fat raise, which is what happens when your team is coming off 4 straight losing seasons.

Mike may not like free agency, but he's also been good about spending close to the cap, as we've been only (roughly) $10 million under for the past 4 seasons. If we hold true to that, that means we need to spend $60 million this off-season.

I'm not going to say it's going to be a free agency bonanza, but I'd lay money down on us being very active for a change.

Ahem. ThumbsUp

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia...f=1&nofb=1]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 12:53 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Ahem. ThumbsUp

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia...f=1&nofb=1]
Take a bow, Hundred Grand.  You earned it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Well done, thought we would be active myself. Didn't expect the Reader signing though, that is huge.

Love the CB's added in Waynes and Alexander and I like Xavier too at Guard for us. Hope we can add a LB still.
Reply/Quote