Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thank you Ian Rapoport
(03-03-2020, 08:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: He would have beaten the Steelers and that counts as 2 wins?

You can actually thank Mr. Boyd for the loss in the 2nd game against Pittsburgh. 
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2020, 09:53 PM)sandwedge Wrote: You can actually thank Mr. Boyd for the loss in the 2nd game against Pittsburgh. 

Funny how it’s a team loss whenever Dalton stinks up the joint, but we can blame a WR for blowing an entire game...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2020, 09:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Funny how it’s a team loss whenever Dalton stinks up the joint, but we can blame a WR for blowing an entire game...

That was a Finley game. Boyd fumbled the one pass Finley put on spot inside the redzone.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2020, 10:03 PM)sandwedge Wrote: That was a Finley game. Boyd fumbled the one pass Finley put on spot inside the redzone.

Right, I’m just saying we seem to pick and choose when it’s a team loss, or the fault of one particular player...

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2020, 10:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Right, I’m just saying we seem to pick and choose when it’s a team loss, or the fault of one particular player...

I highly doubt Wedge is trying to pick on Boyd. Completely unbias, Boyd screwed up and he would say the same.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2020, 09:53 PM)sandwedge Wrote: You can actually thank Mr. Boyd for the loss in the 2nd game against Pittsburgh. 

Meh, I don't really bother thanking any one person for a loss against a team we've beaten twice in the past 20 tries.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2020, 10:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I highly doubt Wedge is trying to pick on Boyd. Completely unbias, Boyd screwed up and he would say the same.

Boyd had over 100 yds and TD in that game. It’s silly to blame him for the loss.

Reply/Quote
Hi you guys how i see it we needed all them losses to get a Joe Burrow ,thats a win!!!!!!! Thanks T.B
Reply/Quote
Irritating that it basically confirms the Bengals will not be in the market for a premier FA.
Oh well...
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2020, 10:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Boyd had over 100 yds and TD in that game. It’s silly to blame him for the loss.

Well I agree with you as usual but Boyd would blame himself for the loss. Pretty sure.

(03-03-2020, 10:34 PM)Ghost of ikcey Wrote: Hi you guys how i see it we needed all them losses to get a Joe Burrow  ,thats a win!!!!!!! Thanks T.B

Lets get to some real winning with Joe Burrow now eh?

(03-03-2020, 10:53 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Irritating that it basically confirms the Bengals will not be in the market for a premier FA.
Oh well...

Never thought we would go top tier, to even be in the discussion of being very active is a plus for us sadly.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2020, 08:21 PM)BengalRed Wrote: While I appreciate the comments about what the Bengals may or may not do in FA, the main purpose of this thread is that a nationally recognized NFL analyst had some positive things to say about our team. After all the negative narratives from Mike Florio et al it's nice to hear good stuff about the Bengals.

I don't think your post is doing what you think its doing.  This a direct quote from the article.

Quote:The Bengals pay to keep their own players but rank 30th in guaranteed money handed out over the past five years, which generally is used to secure talent in free agency.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2020, 08:21 PM)BengalRed Wrote: While I appreciate the comments about what the Bengals may or may not do in FA, the main purpose of this thread is that a nationally recognized NFL analyst had some positive things to say about our team. After all the negative narratives from Mike Florio et al it's nice to hear good stuff about the Bengals.

Huh?

Did you read the article?

The first sentence is, “ The Cincinnati Bengals' roster as currently constructed has more holes than a colander.”
Reply/Quote
The last time we went 2-14, we went on a spending spree the following year, signing Tory James, John Thornton, Duane Clemons, Kevin Hardy, Reggie Kelly, etc.

You have to understand, we're about to have over $70 million in cap space after parting with Dalton and Glenn, and hardly anyone on this team is worthy of a fat raise, which is what happens when your team is coming off 4 straight losing seasons.

Mike may not like free agency, but he's also been good about spending close to the cap, as we've been only (roughly) $10 million under for the past 4 seasons. If we hold true to that, that means we need to spend $60 million this off-season.

I'm not going to say it's going to be a free agency bonanza, but I'd lay money down on us being very active for a change.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Quote:The Bengals pay to keep their own players but rank 30th in guaranteed money handed out over the past five years, which generally is used to secure talent in free agency.

Some of us on here have been harping about that for years.

The guaranteed money thing really hinders us as far as the types of guys we can realistically think about signing.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 12:44 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The last time we went 2-14, we went on a spending spree the following year, signing Tory James, John Thornton, Duane Clemons, Kevin Hardy, Reggie Kelly, etc.

You have to understand, we're about to have over $70 million in cap space after parting with Dalton and Glenn, and hardly anyone on this team is worthy of a fat raise, which is what happens when your team is coming off 4 straight losing seasons.

Mike may not like free agency, but he's also been good about spending close to the cap, as we've been only (roughly) $10 million under for the past 4 seasons. If we hold true to that, that means we need to spend $60 million this off-season.

I'm not going to say it's going to be a free agency bonanza, but I'd lay money down on us being very active for a change.

Agree, this is the first time in a long time I feel this way.

Well said Shake. Rock On

(03-04-2020, 12:46 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Some of us on here have been harping about that for years.

The guaranteed money thing really hinders us as far as the types of guys we can realistically think about signing.

Very frustrating to say the least. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2020, 07:37 PM)BengalRed Wrote: It's nice to see that some talking heads actually do homework before throwing out a bunch of opinionated clickbait.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001105068/article/bengals-expected-to-be-heavily-involved-in-free-agency

The narrative about the Bengals in free agency is correct and the Bengals fans know it.

Rapoport, and others on this board, mention that the Bengals are in the top half of the league in spending. The "spending" is not the problem. It's what they spend it on and what they don't spend it on.

Examples:
Gio Bernard's contract
Bobby Hart's contract
Webb's contract
The above 3 contracts could have brought in an actual good player
Andrew Whitworth gets low-balled, then insulted by braindead zombee Blackburn - team has been languishing at the position ever since
Zietler wasn't even offered a deal - team still has not replaced him with a competent player

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 12:22 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Huh?

Did you read the article?

The first sentence is, “ The Cincinnati Bengals' roster as currently constructed has more holes than a colander.”

That quote was from Patra. I was referring to what Rapoport said. Actually when I posted the thread there was a video of him being interviewed and he said all the things I'm talking about. Not what Patra is talking about. I don't know why the video disappeared. 
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2020, 07:37 PM)BengalRed Wrote: It's nice to see that some talking heads actually do homework before throwing out a bunch of opinionated clickbait.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001105068/article/bengals-expected-to-be-heavily-involved-in-free-agency

Interesting also to see that the Bengals were not the cheap end of teams when it comes to pay as so many want to make out.. yes they don;t do the bit money in the Free Agents but they still are not at the bottom like so many want to say
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2020, 10:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Right, I’m just saying we seem to pick and choose when it’s a team loss, or the fault of one particular player...

Of course I'm not laying the entire blame on Boyd. Just that we had a good shot of beating those peckerwoods and we shot ourselves in the foot again... 
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 12:44 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The last time we went 2-14, we went on a spending spree the following year, signing Tory James, John Thornton, Duane Clemons, Kevin Hardy, Reggie Kelly, etc.

Good points.

Personally, I think we'll try and add an olineman, a lb and a cb. We've got a good chunk to spend of Mike spends what he usually does, and there should be at least a couple good signings. Given our draft position, that taking a position or two of need opens it up to taking players wewant for down the road I stead of trying to find 2020 starters.
Reply/Quote