Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Browns to Interview Guenther for HC Position
(01-05-2016, 04:47 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Right like Marvin leaving the Ravens to come to Cincy....

Marvin left the Ravens to be DC and Asst Head Coach of the Redskins in 2002.  He became our Head Coach in 2003

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I can't help but think we're somewhat of a head coach factory.

Other teams can have our coaches after we've made it to the superbowl... or at least the next round in the playoffs  LOL  
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 05:35 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: We're number ONE in scoring defense

First in AFC - second overall, behind Seattle.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 04:52 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Guenther...too soon.

Would be a bad hire IMO. The guy just isnt ready and needs more seasoning.

Sounds like a Browns hire in a nutshell.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 05:45 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: First in AFC - second overall, behind Seattle.

Wasn't it by two points?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 04:55 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Gruden had head coaching experience before his NFL gig. Was an arena league coach. 

I could be an arena league coach
Reply/Quote
Btw I would love if Browns did it, I dont really like guenther, and it would be a bad hire by the browns while we improve at DC. Win-Win
Reply/Quote
He is young, leads a very successful defense, understands the AFC North, and by all accounts the players love him.  Also look at the success both Zimmer and Gruden are having after leaving Marvin.  They could do a lot worse.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 04:51 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I am shocked Joseph is getting calls, or is he and Bengals are saying no?

We can't really deny him. VJ's contract is up after this season apparently.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 06:04 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: We can't really deny him. VJ's contract is up after this season apparently.

Yeah but doesn't it seem like there's some kind of little thing in place for him, based on what happened last year?

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 04:34 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Are you surprised by Haley not getting interviewed or Guenther being interviewed?

Both actually.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 05:56 PM)Element Wrote: I could be an arena league coach

BS

gruden was successful at every level he coached at never missing the playoffs till his first year with washington.

Also Who are you gonna get to improve the #2 defense in the league?thats available?
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 06:07 PM)McC Wrote: Yeah but doesn't it seem like there's some kind of little thing in place for him, based on what happened last year?

There's no denying that. I'd love to hang onto him, but I could see him opting to move on if it looks like Guenther stays here.

Unless we're working on something like Hue leaving for another team, Marvin resigns, and we promote Vance to the head job. That would be crazy/unlikely.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 04:27 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Kind of surprised by this.

How come I don't see Todd Haley being looked at??? Dude has been awesome as an OC with the Steelers???

Probably because they see the fact that in just 11 starts, Roethlisberger set the second highest INT total of his career? The most for him since 2006.

Nobody looks at 21 TD/16 INT in 11 starts despite having Antonio Brown and says... "YES! That's what I want! Please influence the development of a young QB for me!"

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 04:52 PM)OWeezyBengal Wrote: Guenther...too soon.

Would be a bad hire IMO. The guy just isnt ready and needs more seasoning.

It's the Browns though, they're going to go out of their way to do something stupid. These are the guys who waaaaay overpaid for Eric Steinbach, Frostee Rucker, Andrew Hawkins and I'm sure other dudes that I'm forgetting. They're not afraid of getting their nose bloody so long as they get back at their face.
Reply/Quote
He would be crazy to go to the Browns. It's a 1 - 2 year job tops. Their owner has no clue what he's dong.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 07:18 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: He would be crazy to go to the Browns.  It's a 1 - 2 year job tops.  Their owner has no clue what he's dong.

Sometimes I have no clue what I dong either .... Ninja
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 04:47 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Right like Marvin leaving the Ravens to come to Cincy....

Technically he left the Redskins to come to Cincinnati.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Glad to see Geunther getting some credit.

The same cast of negative fans here who hate every coach we ever had cried about how clueless he was, but we end up #2 in scoring defense.
Reply/Quote
Only a fool would take a head coaching job in Cleveland it's a dumpster fire.
Reply/Quote