Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Bruce Jenner to Caitlyn Jenner
(06-02-2015, 08:03 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: But with no explanation of how that's wrong.

Congrats.

But you're suggesting that they shouldn't be happy if they can't pay for the plastic surgery?

Whatever happened to being happy with who you are?

If a kid raises his hand in your class and says "I feel like I'm a female," are you going to say "ok, you're a female, just wait until you can get enough money for the surgery."  

Then, when another kid raises his hand and says "so he's a male, but he feels like a female, so is he a mistake," you're going to say "yes, he's a mistake, there's something wrong with him"?

If a kid feels like a female, should he be allowed in the girls' showers after gym class because he feels happier as a female with the females?  
Uh...............what?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
[Image: 11390336_10206990899880557_5217645870873...e=55BEBBEB]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 11:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: [Image: 11390336_10206990899880557_5217645870873...e=55BEBBEB]

LMAO That's some funny shit!  rep+7
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 11:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: [Image: 11390336_10206990899880557_5217645870873...e=55BEBBEB]

:thumbsdown:
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 05:33 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: So if a kid doesn't have the money for surgery or has some condition that they can't have it, they should just kill themselves instead of being happy the way they are?

What about overweight kids?  I'm sure a lot of them don't feel the way that they're seen on the outside but are depressed because of how they are judged or ridiculed, so should they just kill themselves if dieting doesn't work or there's no surgery to fix the problem that they have?

The whole point of this is is that Jenner is being happy with the way she is, and who she feels she has always been. I cannot fathom how you would make the jump to somebody accepting who they are, to having overweight people kill themselves.
Reply/Quote
So this dude properly used his penis with 3 different wives and fathered 6 children. But he wants to be called a female and had plastic surgery on the top half to become one and he instantly regretted it. And he still has a penis.

And we have to be constantly exposed to a picture of a man with boobs and a penis in lingerie on basically every news source possible. And the people who aren't welcoming this crap with open arms are belittled. That is a load of shit.

This is a 65 year old man with issues that are playing out on the national stage.

I've been sick of seeing his plastic ex family in the news for years. It seems that dysfunctional family really did a number on old dad.

I agree with you 100% Brad. This is a disservice to the children of our country. And I can't help but think of how many poor kids will be mutilated by their parents because they take this crap way too far. Poor little Timmy will play with dolls and play dress up a couple times and wannabe dance mom will have him on hormones in no time.

I don't know I'm not a doctor. But I'm pretty sure hermaphrodites are real. Obviously they get a pass when it comes to this. There are actually people born with the genes that create a difference in appearance and actual gender orientation. This reality TV junk isn't doing the people with the real problems any favors. It's just showing any Hollywood nut job with enough money can pay for all the plastic surgery they want.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 07:51 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: [Image: george-costanza.jpg]
[Image: george-costanza-shrinkage.jpg]
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2015, 01:32 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: So this dude properly used his penis with 3 different wives and fathered 6 children. But he wants to be called a female and had plastic surgery on the top half to become one and he instantly regretted it. And he still has a penis.

And we have to be constantly exposed to a picture of a man with boobs and a penis in lingerie on basically every news source possible. And the people who aren't welcoming this crap with open arms are belittled. That is a load of shit.

This is a 65 year old man with issues that are playing out on the national stage.

I've been sick of seeing his plastic ex family in the news for years. It seems that dysfunctional family really did a number on old dad.

I agree with you 100% Brad. This is a disservice to the children of our country. And I can't help but think of how many poor kids will be mutilated by their parents because they take this crap way too far. Poor little Timmy will play with dolls and play dress up a couple times and wannabe dance mom will have him on hormones in no time.  

I don't know I'm not a doctor. But I'm pretty sure hermaphrodites are real. Obviously they get a pass when it comes to this. There are actually people born with the genes that create a difference in appearance and actual gender orientation. This reality TV junk isn't doing the people with the real problems any favors. It's just showing any Hollywood nut job with enough money can pay for all the plastic surgery they want.

"I don't know I'm not a doctor" pretty much sums this post up. There are people who are born wired with a gender that does not correspond with their sex. Instead of constantly mocking them, you could say "hey, it's not my life. I do not care how you chose to live your life since it does not affect me". Unfortunately, people do not do this. They have to mock and ridicule because they do not understand and they do not agree. It's sad that someone has to hide who they are or be afraid of it because so many people want to tell them that they are wrong and, as Brad said (so I assume you agree given your statement), "a mistake".

Also, current sex reassignment surgery isn't perfect, so most trans people do not have it.

And, it is not recommended to give hormones to kids but rather to wait until they are order and they have made their own decision. I'm sure there are doctors who will, but doctors are not infallible.

http://transhealth.ucsf.edu/trans?page=protocol-youth
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 06:05 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Explain how that's not what you're saying.

If you don't have the money for surgery and everything else to change your body, or if you have some condition that doesn't allow it, you should just be depressed or kill yourself?

How can you be happy with who you are if you don't feel you are who you are?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 06:49 PM)Donnyho Wrote: You know you don't need to have surgery, right? It's very possible to live your life as a man/woman without having an operation. I think the definition of 'transgender' might help out here:

trans·gen·der

transˈjendər,tranzˈjendər/
adjective
adjective: transgender; adjective: transgendered

1. denoting or relating to a person whose self-identity does not conform unambiguously to conventional notions of male or female gender.
    "a transgender activist and author"

Note there is nothing about 'surgery', just self identification.

There's a chance you have interacted with with a transgender or gender non-conforming person and didn't even realize it. Quote from the FiveThrityEight article "Most Americans Say They Don’t Know A Transgender Person — But Many Of Them Probably Do :

Might have been on E! or one of those shows the other day, but they reported Jenner said (s)he had no plans on GRS.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 02:42 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: This has nothing to do with some macho thing about "oh, what a *****," or anything like that, but, my question is, what message does this send to kids?

If kids can't afford surgery, all the hormone treatments, and whatever else, are we teaching them that they're stuck in a lie forever and to be miserable?

It's not like just trying to lose weight to be healthier or things like that because are we teaching kids that some people are mistakes?

Everyone on Facebook and the media is praising her and I just can't get those thoughts out of my head.

You called him a "her". That's so weird. The entire situation gives me the heebeegeebees. 

The interview he did he said he wanted to be interesting. WTHeck?!?! So if I want to be interesting I should cut my dick off? I think HE is just hard core trolling us all. Bruce Jenner should win an award for being the best troll ever. He deserve that award far more than any inspirational award. 

I have a theory

As an Olympic champion he's probably use to having all the attention. That attention was stolen by all the divas in his family. Thus the only opinion, cut off your dick and become a diva yourself

I feel like my response may be offensive to those on the left. I apologize. I do not know how to honestly respond to this without being offensive. The situation actually offends me as it does many Americas that feel as if they are bullied into silence because their views on this garbage are not welcome
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 03:43 AM)CinciREborn Wrote: I have a theory

As an Olympic champion he's probably use to having all the attention. That attention was stolen by all the divas in his family. Thus the only opinion, cut off your dick and become a diva yourself

I feel like my response may be offensive

I whittled down for you.  The rest of the post was just noise. Wink
Reply/Quote
The Kardashians turned Scott into an alcoholic, Lamar into a crackhead, and Bruce into a woman.  I can't wait to see what they do to Kayne....
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(06-03-2015, 01:32 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: So this dude properly used his penis with 3 different wives and fathered 6 children. But he wants to be called a female and had plastic surgery on the top half to become one and he instantly regretted it. And he still has a penis.

Maybe I'm just out of the loop, but I have no idea what you are talking about, nor did I know Bruce Jenner had kids or was married or that he/she still has a penis or anything.  I didn't even know there was any connection to the Kardashians involved.

I really have to wonder if this topic is really as unavoidable as you think it is.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 11:50 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Might have been on E! or one of those shows the other day, but they reported Jenner said (s)he had no plans on GRS.

Many do not. Not really a perfected science at this moment.

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 01:05 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: The Kardashians turned Scott into an alcoholic, Lamar into a crackhead, and Bruce into a woman.  I can't wait to see what they do to Kayne....

[Image: giphy.gif]

I just saw a petition on facebook to have Him/her striped of the gold medal he won in the olympics...

Im not really sure how that makes any sense.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 03:43 AM)CinciREborn Wrote: You called him a "her". That's so weird. The entire situation gives me the heebeegeebees. 

It's not really. Brad was using the pronouns that Caitlyn identifies with. Props to Brad.

Quote:As an Olympic champion he's probably use to having all the attention. That attention was stolen by all the divas in his family. Thus the only opinion, cut off your dick and become a diva yourself

That's a bad theory, especially considering that trans people tend to realize that they identify with the opposite sex when they are young. As she said in her interview with Diane Sawyer, she knew at a young age and even told one of her previous wives.

Quote:I feel like my response may be offensive to those on the left. I apologize. I do not know how to honestly respond to this without being offensive. The situation actually offends me as it does many Americas that feel as if they are bullied into silence because their views on this garbage are not welcome

Part of it was offensive to many people, not just those on the Left. Neither Caitlyn Jenner nor myself consider ourselves Democrats or Liberal. I would say the first thing you can do is use the right pronouns. Gender norms are a social construct, not biological, so if someone wants to identify as that gender then they have the right to. It would be respectful to use the correct pronouns. The other things would be not calling it "garbage". It isn't your life, so how she lives shouldn't bother you, especially since she's not harming anyone. If you're upset that others are telling you to not be a jerk then don't be a jerk. I try to live my life that way: don't be a jerk.

It is your right to be a jerk, though. Just remember, it's our right to use social sanctions against you when you are a jerk.

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 03:50 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

I just saw a petition on facebook to have Him/her striped of the gold medal he won in the olympics...

Im not really sure how that makes any sense.

Were women eligable to compete in the Decathalon in the Olympics?

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 05:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Were women eligable to compete in the Decathalon in the Olympics?

Was he a woman when he competed? 

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 05:42 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Was he a woman when he competed? 

Hasn't he identified as a woman his whole life?

What makes one a "woman"?

Reply/Quote