Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Bruce Jenner to Caitlyn Jenner
I'm starting a glam band called "The Jenner Benders"….who's in?
Reply/Quote
I will say this. If you are confused about trangenders, then befriend some and hang out with them. I think they can answer your questions better than any of us who don't know what the hell we are talking about. I have made that step, and I will say this......you will think differently and more compassionate towards them. I can tell you what I've learned, but most would not believe me until they see it for themselves. Seriously, what do ya have to lose? It is nothing to be embarrassed about.

And this is not a total response to the OP. I am speaking to everyone who is confused about it. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Agree 100% @Charvel, I've met a few people that are trans and I'll be honest they were pretty cool, and explained how they felt about things. In meeting them I learned how much of a struggle it could be leading that life, and I respect anyone who can go forward and make the transition.
[Image: tFtivUoURYLbG.gif]
"From the great spirit was born the wolf, and man became it's messenger."
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 04:23 PM)CharvelPlaya Wrote: I will say this. If you are confused about trangenders, then befriend some and hang out with them. I think they can answer your questions better than any of us who don't know what the hell we are talking about. I have made that step, and I will say this......you will think differently and more compassionate towards them. I can tell you what I've learned, but most would not believe me until they see it for themselves. Seriously, what do ya have to lose? It is nothing to be embarrassed about.

And this is not a total response to the OP. I am speaking to everyone who is confused about it. ThumbsUp

Both very intelligent responses. I agree that one can think all they want about a certain lifestyle choice, but they'll never have a truly complete perspective unless they actually try to understand that lifestyle.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 04:23 PM)CharvelPlaya Wrote: I will say this. If you are confused about trangenders, then befriend some and hang out with them. 

Good advice, but they are not always easy to find.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2015, 08:23 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Good advice, but they are not always easy to find.

True and thanks man. (The rest of this post is not directed towards you Fred, but anyone in general)

There are group gatherings and such that you can look up. I say, attend a gathering if one is confused about the subject. That is what I did, and it opened up my eyes. I saw people with all kinds of political affiliation. Matter of fact, the parents hosting the gathering were Republican right wingers. I thought it was very touching to see the very manly Marine dad embracing his child and speaking about how the hate is more of people just not knowing or experiencing this in their lives.

If one has questions, seek out the answers from the people who live with this. It's cool to have these conversations on a message board, but we don't always have the answers. This is why I don't judge people for their beliefs. We all have been wrong about shit.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 01:57 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: [Image: 11390166_10153310805449694_2321694108834...e=55F2338D]

So, I click on a thread to read the conversation about Jenner...and I wind up seeing Christie's cameltoe.  Mellow LOL
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2015, 09:44 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: So, I click on a thread to read the conversation about Jenner...and I wind up seeing Christie's cameltoe.  Mellow LOL

LOL
Reply/Quote
Why is this a thing?
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2015, 12:19 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Why is this a thing?

Good question
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2015, 09:44 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: So, I click on a thread to read the conversation about Jenner...and I wind up seeing Christie's cameltoe.  Mellow LOL

Shocked
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2015, 12:19 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Why is this a thing?

Why is what a thing?
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2015, 12:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why is what a thing?

That anyone cares that a dude dresses up like a woman and claims he is one.

That's his business no one else's. It's not some great feat..... It's just a choice he made..... End of
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2015, 06:36 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: That anyone cares that a dude dresses up like a woman and claims he is one.    

That's his business no one else's.   It's not some great feat..... It's just a choice he made..... End of

Wow, you are really out of touch with current events.  There are multiple law suites pending across the country regarding the rights and treatment of transgenders.

Guess you won't be able to comment on it until Glen Beck tells you what to say.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2015, 04:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Wow, you are really out of touch with current events.  There are multiple law suites pending across the country regarding the rights and treatment of transgenders.

Guess you won't be able to comment on it until Glen Beck tells you what to say.

None of this affects me or my life. I think these suits are ridiculous. We all have the same protections as citizens. There is no reason to oppress 98% of the population so 2% can use the opposite genders restrooms or other nonsense.

If I see one in the men's room... I will do what I always do when I see someone in the restroom.... Stay quiet, look at the wall, and finish up.
Reply/Quote
We gonna legislate for the furry people. They think they are animals.... They are a small part of the population.

We don't legislate because there is no need. They already have equal rights. Same as transsexuals and any other American citizen.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2015, 05:37 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: None of this affects me or my life.  I think these suits are ridiculous.   We all have the same protections as citizens.   There is no reason to oppress 98% of the population so 2% can use the opposite genders restrooms or other nonsense.  

If I see one in the men's room... I will do what I always do when I see someone in the restroom.... Stay quiet, look at the wall, and finish up.

The thing is, the world goes on around you despite whether or not it affects you. Also, the law does not protect all citizens equally. We've been over this. And how are 98% "oppressed"?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(06-22-2015, 06:32 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The thing is, the world goes on around you despite whether or not it affects you. Also, the law does not protect all citizens equally. We've been over this. And how are 98% "oppressed"?

Having to accommodate the 2%

Not sure why people think they can legislate out weird looks from people. When you look obviously different your gonna stick out like a sore thumb.

The only thing that will work is for people to expierence living with these people in everyday life. Just takes time before anyone cares, allow people to get used to it on their own time. Then everyone learns boundaries together without making things uncomfortable for everyone.

Seriously doubt transexuals want to be in our faces about all this.... Everyone just wants to fit in.... just like in school you know we can't tell kids they have to include the new kid. They have to work their own way into their role in the group. Same thing with transexuals. Gay people sorted their own way, ***** eye for the straight guy did more for gay relations to the masses than anything.

Transexuals will find their thing. They don't need legislation.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2015, 10:58 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Having to accommodate the 2%

Not sure why people think they can legislate out weird looks from people.   When you look obviously different your gonna stick out like a sore thumb.  

The only thing that will work is for people to expierence living with these people in everyday life.   Just takes time before anyone cares, allow people to get used to it on their own time.  Then everyone learns boundaries together without making things uncomfortable for everyone.  

Seriously doubt transexuals want to be in our faces about all this....   Everyone just wants to fit in....    just like in school you know we can't tell kids they have to include the new kid.   They have to work their own way into their role in the group.   Same thing with transexuals.    Gay people sorted their own way, ***** eye for the straight guy did more for gay relations to the masses than anything.    

Transexuals will find their thing.   They don't need  legislation.

There was actually a lot of legislation that has been passed to protect gay people. You also haven't explained how letting people use a bathroom "oppresses" others. By your logic, accommodating the disabled oppresses those who are not disabled.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I really don't care what that guy claims to be. He can identify himself as a turtle tomorrow, but he'll still be what he always has been. We're not talking about a hermaphrodite here. In that case, it's understandable for one to choose which gender they identify with. But if someone is born 100% man and has the chemistry and biology of a man, then...

[Image: thats-a-man-baby-austin-powers.jpg]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote