Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Bruce Jenner to Caitlyn Jenner
(06-23-2015, 01:30 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: There was actually a lot of legislation that has been passed to protect gay people. You also haven't explained how letting people use a bathroom "oppresses" others. By your logic, accommodating the disabled oppresses those who are not disabled.

What's the big deal? How does this effect any ones lives , but Caitlyn/Bruce Jenner? IMHO for any one to discriminate against a gay, lesbian or any other minority is petty. Live and let live! I go to work and none of this SSM and Gay equal rights, has no effect on my life or job. If Caitlyn/Bruce Jenner wants to live and be identified as a woman, that's her business. I'm not use to seeing here where I live. I'm sure there's  a few in our small communities unlike Lexington ,Louisville and some larger cities outside of the appalachian mtns, it's more accepted I personally have no negative feelings toward gays,lesbians,transgender etc. Just what I'm getting at is live your life the way you feel comfortable.  
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2015, 02:11 PM)Se ky bengal Wrote: What's the big deal? How does this effect any ones lives , but Caitlyn/Bruce Jenner?

Just what I'm getting at is live your life the way you feel comfortable.  

Uh, it effects a lot of people because if they try to live their life the way they want they are discriminated against.

That is why it is a big deal.

Get it now?
Reply/Quote
fredtoast
Uh, it effects a lot of people because if they try to live their life the way they want they are discriminated against.

That is why it is a big deal.

Get it now?

Yes Fred, I was saying why is a big deal, if it doesn't effect their lives why should people care. I know there is always going to be discrimination we may never see it gone from society, which is a shame. I just feel sorry for the ignorant people that feel the need to belittle  someone for their looks, sexual orientation etc.  Rock On

Reply/Quote
(06-23-2015, 02:11 PM)Se ky bengal Wrote: What's the big deal? How does this effect any ones lives , but Caitlyn/Bruce Jenner? IMHO for any one to discriminate against a gay, lesbian or any other minority is petty. Live and let live! I go to work and none of this SSM and Gay equal rights, has no effect on my life or job. If Caitlyn/Bruce Jenner wants to live and be identified as a woman, that's her business. I'm not use to seeing here where I live. I'm sure there's  a few in our small communities unlike Lexington ,Louisville and some larger cities outside of the appalachian mtns, it's more accepted I personally have no negative feelings toward gays,lesbians,transgender etc. Just what I'm getting at is live your life the way you feel comfortable.  

ultimately Caitlyn's decisions only affect herself and her famIly. I agree that others look petty when trying to tell others that they are wrong for being gay or trans. I wouldn't suggest that this affects your life, but as I told Lucie, the fact that it doesn't affect us doesn't mean it's not important to protect those who it does affect.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2015, 05:06 PM):BmorePat87 Wrote: ultimately Caitlyn's decisions only affect herself and her famIly. I agree that others look petty when trying to tell others that they are wrong for being gay or trans.  I wouldn't suggest that this affects your life, but as I told Lucie, the fact that it doesn't affect us doesn't mean it's not important to protect those who it does affect.

Agree 100%!!!  ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
Does he still honor Fathers Day, since it seems to be focused as a man's holiday?
Maybe she just now calls it Parents Day.
I would assume Fathers Day would still be celebrated, since he was a man then, and is in fact, the father.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2015, 01:30 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: There was actually a lot of legislation that has been passed to protect gay people. You also haven't explained how letting people use a bathroom "oppresses" others. By your logic, accommodating the disabled oppresses those who are not disabled.

No disabled's In the restrooms gave us the public restroom deluxe.

Letting men in the women's restroom makes the real women uncomfortable. As I am sure a transexual woman acting like a man.... doesnt want to be the sore thumb sticking out.

I know you don't understand this, and I know you don't because you have one of these close to you... So it's natural for you to want things to be easier for them. My issue is that you make the many uncomfortable to accommodate the few.

Maybe when transexuals get to 15-20% then you have a point.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2015, 07:33 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: No disabled's In the restrooms gave us the public restroom deluxe.  

Letting men in the women's restroom makes the real women uncomfortable.   As I am sure a transexual woman acting like a man....  doesnt want to be the sore thumb sticking out.  

I know you don't understand this, and I know you don't because you have one of these close to you... So it's natural for you to want things to be easier for them.     My issue is that you make the many uncomfortable to accommodate the few.  

Maybe when transexuals get to 15-20% then you have a point.

So discomfort = oppression.

lulz

Reply/Quote
(06-23-2015, 06:14 PM)Harmening Wrote: Does he still honor Fathers Day, since it seems to be focused as a man's holiday?
Maybe she just now calls it Parents Day.  
I would assume Fathers Day would still be celebrated, since he was a man then, and is in fact, the father.

She's still their dad. You can't change the fact that her sperm made those kids. Sons and daughters still call their parents "mom" or "dad".

Reply/Quote
(06-23-2015, 08:14 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So discomfort = oppression.

lulz

Aren't you claiming that transexuals feel discomfort when they have to go to the restrooms based on their parts? Why is their discomfort any more important than another's?
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2015, 09:01 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Aren't you claiming that transexuals feel discomfort when they have to go to the restrooms based on their parts?  Why is their discomfort any more important than another's?

There's a difference between preventing someone from doing something that only affects them and allowing people to do something that only affects them.

One could legitimately be called "oppression". Unfortunately, it's not the one you're saying is oppression.

Reply/Quote
(06-23-2015, 09:44 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: There's a difference between preventing someone from doing something that only affects them and allowing people to do something that only affects them.

One could legitimately be called "oppression". Unfortunately, it's not the one you're saying is oppression.

It's a tough spot . Elther way someone is gonna be hassled and forced to feel uncomfortable. I do have compassion for the transexuals .... I just don't think the numbers warrant making the largest group uncomfortable. If anyone will feel uncomfortable then it should be the smaller group. Besides as people get used to them it will work itself out . These things happen organically. .
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2015, 11:52 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It's a tough spot .  Elther way someone is gonna be hassled and forced to feel uncomfortable.   I do have compassion for the transexuals ....  I just don't think the numbers warrant making the largest group uncomfortable.   If anyone will feel uncomfortable then it should be the smaller group.    Besides as people get used to them it will work itself out .  These things happen organically.  .

Or we can do what we always do and just respect the rights of the minority. After all, no rights are being infringed upon by doing this.

Reply/Quote
(06-24-2015, 12:30 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Or we can do what we always do and just respect the rights of the minority. After all, no rights are being infringed upon by doing this.

See that's where I have a problem. We should let people sort this out between each other. If there is violence then we arrest . If we let them sort it out amoungst themselves then everyone is on a level playing field.... To either be accepting or not .... Personally I would rather know if you were accepting me vs you were griting your teeth and faking it in fear of the repercussions.

I would assume you and anyone else would also prefer.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2015, 02:30 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: See that's where I have a problem.  We should let people sort this out between each other.   If there is violence then we arrest .  If we let them sort it out amoungst themselves then everyone is on a level playing field.... To either be accepting or not ....  Personally I would rather know if you were accepting me vs you were griting your teeth and faking it in fear of the repercussions.    

I would assume you and anyone else would also prefer.

Hasn't really worked out for us. This led to racial segregation and denial of employment based on sexuality.

Reply/Quote
(06-24-2015, 02:30 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote:  If we let them sort it out amoungst themselves then everyone is on a level playing field....

How can small minority be on a level playing field with an overwhelming majority?

Learn some history.
Reply/Quote
Never heard of him nor her.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2015, 03:21 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Never heard of him nor her.

at one point she was considered the greatest athlete in the world.

Reply/Quote
(06-24-2015, 09:54 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Hasn't really worked out for us. This led to racial segregation and denial of employment based on sexuality.

Yeah but it's a different time now. Way more accepting people now than back then.

I would like to believe we have grown since then... And don't need to be forced to give someone a chance.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2015, 12:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: How can small minority be on a level playing field with an overwhelming majority?

Learn some history.

They are people like you and I...  We are all even.  
Reply/Quote