Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brutal schedule coming up
(10-06-2020, 10:11 PM)J24 Wrote: I don't think either the Colts, Browns, or Titans are that brutal. Better than us right now ok but not Brutal. Steelers and Ravens scare the crap out of me.

I have a feeling Joe will take down the steelers in his first game against them.  

Colts have the #1 defense in the NFL right now, and a great offensive line/rushing attack.  That's not a good matchup for a team with issues stopping the run and receivers that have trouble generating separation.  

But they have Burrow, so they will be in a position to potentially win each game.  He does that much and keeps ascending. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 09:35 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I have a feeling Joe will take down the steelers in his first game against them.  

Colts have the #1 defense in the NFL right now, and a great offensive line/rushing attack.  That's not a good matchup for a team with issues stopping the run and receivers that have trouble generating separation.  

But they have Burrow, so they will be in a position to potentially win each game.  He does that much and keeps ascending. 
The Colts lost to the Jags and they beat the Bears, Vikings, and Jets. Their not a push over but it's not like we're playing the 07 patriots either.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 10:09 AM)J24 Wrote: The Colts lost to the Jags and they beat the Bears, Vikings, and Jets. Their not a push over but it's not like we're playing the 07 patriots either.

Wow, that is a cupcake schedule if I ever saw one lol
Reply/Quote
It is a brutal schedule coming up, but also a chance for the Bengals to prove themselves.  

Success down this 5 game stretch I feel hinges on this week against the Ravens.  The Bengals are coming off a confidence boosting win against the Jags.  If they can pull off a win against the Ravens (a 14 – 2 team with superbowl aspirations), it would be the ultimate confidence and morale boost and prove to themselves that they can beat any team.  This mentality will then carry through the rest of the 4 games, which will all then seem winnable.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 10:09 AM)J24 Wrote: The Colts lost to the Jags and they beat the Bears, Vikings, and Jets. Their not a push over but it's not like we're playing the 07 patriots either.

They didnt just beat the Bears Vikings and Jets they dominated them that is what a good team does to lesser opponents. They lost their opener to the Jaguars but that could have been the lack of offseason. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 02:20 PM)Synric Wrote: They didnt just beat the Bears Vikings and Jets they dominated them that is what a good team does to lesser opponents. They lost their opener to the Jaguars but that could have been the lack of offseason. 

This...

We get a tie and a solid win and all the sudden we're judging other teams' schedules and feeling pretty good about ourselves.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 02:20 PM)Synric Wrote: They didnt just beat the Bears Vikings and Jets they dominated them that is what a good team does to lesser opponents. They lost their opener to the Jaguars but that could have been the lack of offseason. 

I'm not saying there not good but there beatable.
J24

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 02:31 PM)jason Wrote: This...

We get a tie and a solid win and all the sudden we're judging other teams' schedules and feeling pretty good about ourselves.
It's not like we have been blown out in any game + yes I think there is hope for this team this season.
J24

Reply/Quote

Were the Jags at home?

Just saying we beat on the team that beat them and you have to take into account those team's Offenses when judging 
their Defense somewhat.

Nah, just think there is nowhere to go but up from here now that Burrow got his first win. 

(10-07-2020, 04:32 PM)J24 Wrote: It's not like we have been blown out in any game + yes I think there is hope for this team this season.

Hopefully we start blowing teams out so we can say we are as good as the Colts.

Difference is we had a rookie QB starting for us and much better teams we were playing against. 
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 04:32 PM)J24 Wrote: It's not like we have been blown out in any game + yes I think there is hope for this team this season.

Who gets blown out every game in the NFL? I'm not knocking anybody, but wins are wins, and we've got a tough stretch of games coming up. Last week aside... We're not a very good team. To say team x hasnt beat anybody is silly. We haven't lost to anybody either.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 05:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Were the Jags at home?

Just saying we beat on the team that beat them and you have to take into account those team's Offenses when judging 
their Defense somewhat.

Nah, just think there is nowhere to go but up from here now that Burrow got his first win. 

Hopefully we start blowing teams out so we can say we are as good as the Colts.

Difference is we had a rookie QB starting for us and much better teams we were playing against. 

There are plenty of places to go but up... For instance we could go to Baltimore, and the O line that we all know and hate could show up, and we get pummeled... Mixon 12 carries 26 yards. Burrow 43 attempts 4 sacks.... Defense not stopping the run or containing Lamar.

It was a nice win the other day, but I gotta see it again before I'm feeling any better about our squad... Again I'm excited by how we played vs Jacksonville. Do it again.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Yup. It's amazing how the tone of this board changes after a win. 
Reply/Quote

A 19-11 win over the Bears was “dominating?”

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 01:03 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: A 19-11 win over the Bears was “dominating?”

Don't let the score fool you. The Colts held the Bears to 3 points until the Bears scored with a minute and a half left in the game. Nick Foles passed for 249 yards of those 90 came on that drive. The Colts defense smothered the Bears.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 11:31 PM)jason Wrote: Who gets blown out every game in the NFL? I'm not knocking anybody, but wins are wins, and we've got a tough stretch of games coming up. Last week aside... We're not a very good team. To say team x hasnt beat anybody is silly. We haven't lost to anybody either.

We tied one game and lost another game at the buzzer so I completely disagree that "we are a bad team". I would say more unlucky more than anything else.
J24

Reply/Quote
I mean...we’re definitely a bad team. We’ve only been favored in one game out of 5 so far.

Reply/Quote
Earlier this week Colin Cowherd predicted the Bengals would not win another game until November 29 against the Giants. Colin is a notorious Bengal hater so I really don’t know what to think about this yet. If the offensive line regresses to their abysmal play of the first three games then yes, Colin is probably correct. However, if the offensive line builds upon what they did against Jacksonville then some of these games are actually winnable. I’ll be able to make a much more accurate prediction after I see the Bengals play the Ravens.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 05:06 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Earlier this week Colin Cowherd predicted the Bengals would not win another game until November 29 against the Giants. Colin is a notorious Bengal hater so I really don’t know what to think about this yet. If the offensive line regresses to their abysmal play of the first three games then yes, Colin is probably correct. However, if the offensive line builds upon what they did against Jacksonville then some of these games are actually winnable. I’ll be able to make a much more accurate prediction after I see the Bengals play the Ravens.

He could have at least said November 22 against Washington...

Reply/Quote
I still ain't buying that we have some super tough schedule and we're going 0 fer.

The 3 teams the Steelers have beat have combined, 1 win. Now am I saying they're not good ? no However the 85 Bears they're not. Likewise the Browns are a decent team but they're far from unbeatable. The Colts lost to the Jags.

Now am I saying we're some juggernaut ? no But I'll bet we get 6 more wins, maybe 7 ?
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 11:53 PM)jason Wrote: There are plenty of places to go but up... For instance we could go to Baltimore, and the O line that we all know and hate could show up, and we get pummeled... Mixon 12 carries 26 yards. Burrow 43 attempts 4 sacks.... Defense not stopping the run or containing Lamar.

It was a nice win the other day, but I gotta see it again before I'm feeling any better about our squad... Again I'm excited by how we played vs Jacksonville. Do it again.

I getcha man, that is the way I used to feel before Burrow got here. The coaches and the trenches and Linebackers need to play
much better. Completely understand the way you feel but I still think if Burrow keeps learning and doesn't get hurt we can be in 
any game and the O-line just started playing decent. We will see, I picked the Ravens to win in a close one, but I think we can 
even pull one out with the way the Chiefs and Titans have shown how to play Lamar and the Ravens.

Lou better be watching those two games.

Taylor and Callahan better keep calling plays like they did the last few and that O-line just needs to play decent and we can win.
Reply/Quote