Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bucs interviewing Dan Pitcher
QB Coach Dan Pitcher was interviewed for the Buccaneers' open OC position earlier today

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
We knew it would happen at some point.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
With the Bengals’ success over the past two years they have so far been very fortunate to not lose any!assistants. I would be happy if they only lost one this off-season but I think if they win their next two games they might lose a coordinator or two.

I think the shift away from defensive coaches and the success of the young HCs from the offensive side have kept Lou in Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
Maybe Lou doesn’t even want to be s HC except for the money. Offer him a sizable contract and you may keep him.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 11:31 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Maybe Lou doesn’t even want to be s HC except for the money. Offer him a sizable contract and you may keep him.

Some guys tarnish their coordinator legacy with HC jobs. LeBeau, Norv Turner, Wade Phillips.

Here's a couple of ex superstar coordinators with mixed results as Head Coaches.

Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 11:31 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Maybe Lou doesn’t even want to be s HC except for the money. Offer him a sizable contract and you may keep him.

Nobody grows up dreaming of being Vice-President
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 11:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nobody grows up dreaming of being Vice-President

I think there are people who don’t want to be head coach. It’s very different from being a coach or coordinator.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2023, 12:01 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I think there are people who don’t want to be head coach. It’s very different from being a coach or coordinator.

Is there an example of a coordinator that doesn't want to be a head coach. I remember Josh McDaniels refusing to take jobs, but that was because he had already failed in Denver and also ended up taking the Las Vegas job too.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 11:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nobody grows up dreaming of being Vice-President

Most people don’t actively choose to make a lot less money either.

Reply/Quote

Lou said recently that he wants to be a HC.  Not sure why this narrative that he doesn't want to take the next step keeps popping up?

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2023, 12:55 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Lou said recently that he wants to be a HC.  Not sure why this narrative that he doesn't want to take the next step keeps popping up?

Wishful thinking.

Reply/Quote

The problem I'm running into with my career right now is that after almost 30 years, I should be upper management. The thing is, I have absolutely no desire to do that. I'm not saying Lou feels the same way, but it's not unheard of.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2023, 12:59 AM)Earendil Wrote: The problem I'm running into with my career right now is that after almost 30 years, I should be upper management. The thing is, I have absolutely no desire to do that. I'm not saying Lou feels the same way, but it's not unheard of.

What if they offered you the chance in upper management with a contract that guaraunteed you 3 years of upper management pay regardless of performance or if you get fired?
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2023, 12:55 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Lou said recently that he wants to be a HC.  Not sure why this narrative that he doesn't want to take the next step keeps popping up?

Never saw it before. It was just me supposing away.

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2023, 01:55 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: What if they offered you the chance in upper management with a contract that guaraunteed you 3 years of upper management pay regardless of performance or if you get fired?

I’m not sure, honestly. I don’t think it would be worth the stress.
Reply/Quote
Todd Monken also interviewed for the Bucs and Ravens OC Jobs. He was actually my pick for Bengals HC in 2019.

I think he goes to the Bucs... I would hate to see him in Baltimore especially after how he used his TEs both years at Georgia.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

Just saw an interview with Lou last week where he confirmed his dream to become a HC. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2023, 09:21 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Just saw an interview with Lou last week where he confirmed his dream to become a HC. 

If Callahan gets hired by the Colts we can make Lou the HC and make ZT the OC...I mean, it'll help the team and that's what counts right guy?  Guys?
Reply/Quote

(01-28-2023, 09:21 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Just saw an interview with Lou last week where he confirmed his dream to become a HC. 

(01-28-2023, 09:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If Callahan gets hired by the Colts we can make Lou the HC and make ZT the OC...I mean, it'll help the team and that's what counts right guy?  Guys?

Keep Lou no matter what and no matter how.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2023, 11:04 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Keep Lou no matter what and no matter how.

Agree but somebody is going to offer that cat a HC ing job soon. Dude is a football genius 

Believe the best we can hope for is that we get him 1 more year.  

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote