Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bucs interviewing Dan Pitcher
(01-29-2023, 04:28 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I look at those playoff games and I see our offense scored 10 points in 2011, followed by 13 in 2012, 10 in 2013, and 10 in 2014.
That's an average of 10.75 points per game by the offense. 

The defense gave up an average of 25 points per game. So your point defnitely stands. The defense wasn't very good. 

But let me ask you this:
Do you think if the offense scored 25 points per game the defense would have still given up 25 points per game?

There are plenty of ways to look at it and I think we're both right to be honest. Zimmer's playoff defenses underperformed. 

More PPG for the offense def would have helped the Zimmer defenses and may have even allowed them to win a playoff game or two. Unfortunately, neither side did a very good job. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2023, 04:31 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: More PPG for the offense def would have helped the Zimmer defenses and may have even allowed them to win a playoff game or two. Unfortunately, neither side did a very good job. 

I Agree. 

They didn't play complementary football. Both underperformed as a result. Zimmer's defenses did have nice showings against top offenses during the regular season. But I think they broke because the offense crumbled against good competition due to Andy and the OC not being good enough. I think confidence comes into play with the defense. When the offense isn't doing anything it weighs on the defense more and more until they break.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2023, 03:12 PM)jj22 Wrote: It’s default new Dey with MB forking out more money in an extension to keep a QB coach….. A QB coach.

He’s clearly the next OC if/when Callahan leaves.

Reply/Quote
Looks like Dan is getting another interview with the Bucs

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/02/06/report-bucs-plan-second-interview-with-dan-pitcher-for-oc/
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2023, 12:36 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Looks like Dan is getting another interview with the Bucs

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/02/06/report-bucs-plan-second-interview-with-dan-pitcher-for-oc/

I'd think if Lou gets the ARZ HC gig, he'll take Pricher with him
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
It doesn't appear Callahan is landing the Colts job as they appear to be waiting to get the OC from the Eagles.

Thus, it appears Callahan remains our OC and a new QB coach needs to be chosen for the Bengals if Pitcher goes to Tampa Bay.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2023, 05:31 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I think that you need to look at the rushing yards given up in the playoffs by Zimmer's squads. Great regular season coach that was completely outcoached in every playoff game in Cincinnati. I love Zimmer and the respect he earned Cincy's defense, because they truly sucked for well over a decade before he got here, but that's a hard pass.

Not to mention they let Owen Daniel run roughshod in Houston....made him look like the second coming of the real Kellen Winslow. Owen. Daniel. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2023, 09:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If Callahan gets hired by the Colts we can make Lou the HC and make ZT the OC...I mean, it'll help the team and that's what counts right guy?  Guys?

Nately coming straight from Comedy Central
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2023, 12:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'd think if Lou gets the ARZ HC gig, he'll take Pricher with him

I don’t think Lou raids the staff. Bettcher is his guy so I can definitely see him being his DC. Lou has been around the league and the football world. He’s got a nice network w/o hurting Zac.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2023, 02:20 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I don’t think Lou raids the staff. Bettcher is his guy so I can definitely see him being his DC. Lou has been around the league and the football world. He’s got a nice network w/o hurting Zac.

I don't think James Bettcher will go back to Arizona. Weren't the Cardinals supposedly going to give the HC job to Bettcher back in 2018 and he was putting together a staff instead they hired Steve Wilks and fired Bettcher.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2023, 02:20 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I don’t think Lou raids the staff. Bettcher is his guy so I can definitely see him being his DC. Lou has been around the league and the football world. He’s got a nice network w/o hurting Zac.

If Callahan stays of course he could take Pritcher, that has nothing to do with Zac. It happens almost every time a coordinator gets a HC job.  Bettcher has a much better chance being our DC than Arizona in my opinion.

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2023, 02:37 PM)casear2727 Wrote: If Callahan stays of course he could take Pritcher, that has nothing to do with Zac. It happens almost every time a coordinator gets a HC job.  Bettcher has a much better chance being our DC than Arizona in my opinion.

Well I just knew Bettcher was lured here by Lou. I figured they had the prior relationship other than that I don’t know anything. As far as Picher he’s getting strong interest from the Bucs. Personally I’ll be surprised but not shocked necessarily if Lou gets a job. If they go a DC route I think the Cardinals go Flores. But I think they go with the NYG guy. I may be too optimistic but I think we survive intact and when we have a third straight year of success struggle next year to keep our staff.

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2023, 02:30 PM)Synric Wrote: I don't think James Bettcher will go back to Arizona. Weren't the Cardinals supposedly going to give the HC job to Bettcher back in 2018 and he was putting together a staff instead they hired Steve Wilks and fired Bettcher.

Yes so that’s the qualifier.

Reply/Quote