Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buffalo Bills Message Board Threads
(10-13-2015, 01:09 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I didn't read the whole thread, but the entire first page sounded like guys who respect the Bengals and recognize that they are gonna need some key injuries back if they want to even compete with us.

SO you missed the part where they said our defense is terrible and other than Atkins and Dunlap, they could have a field day.  I love statistics too, but the only one they need to be concerned with is 5-0.   Yawn

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Speaking of the Bills Tyrod might not be able to go..

So they signed an old face

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/13/bills-sign-josh-johnson-so-colts-cant-again-this-week/
Reply/Quote
Not sure why, but they say we play better at home than on the road. We haven't lost yet so... I definitely respect Rex Ryan's defense. They just picked up Josh Johnson yesterday, so maybe they are trying to learn as much as they can about our offense from him.
Reply/Quote
Tyrod is a bit gimpy with an ankle injury so I don't expect him to run wild on us. Contain him in the pocket and make him move around on that sore ankle.
Reply/Quote
And there's this too. Using the "B" word.

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?519198-The-Bengals-and-Dalton-turn-to-the-Bungles-on-the-road-in-hostile-conditions
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 12:40 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: One guy said it perfectly... He said that we were all in on the Seattle game mentally, and could possibly be looking ahead to the bye. If there were any spot on the schedule for a mental letdown, this would be the game.

I totally disagree that there will be any kind of letdown.  This team will not do that.  They have cast out such behavior.  When you're on a mission like our guys are, the focus will be there every week.   This could be the week the full storm is unleashed.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I was reading their boards for a minute...Had to LOL quite a few times.

All the BILLievers on there with their BS...But if any game is a trap, it is this one. Buffalo has always had that feeling for me.

I do hope we go to Buffalo and come out with a huge W though... Wink
Reply/Quote
Bottom line--if you can't beat the Giants, you can't beat the Bengals. Let 'em say whatever they want.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 03:05 PM)The Dangler Wrote: And there's this too. Using the "B" word.

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?519198-The-Bengals-and-Dalton-turn-to-the-Bungles-on-the-road-in-hostile-conditions

Such a textbook manipulation of stats. Don't include this year, because that would be two more wins. Include playoffs to add losses. Only do two years, arbitrarily, because of you go further back you see more wins.
Reply/Quote
After going through some of their threads the general theme among Bills fans is that as long as Watkins is back they'll win. I found that a little funny.
Reply/Quote
They are saying that the Seahawks defense is so physical that teams can't recover quickly and lose the next week. Maybe some teams, but not teams in the AFC North who are used to physical football.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 09:37 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: They are saying that the Seahawks defense is so physical that teams can't recover quickly and lose the next week.  Maybe some teams, but not teams in the AFC North who are used to physical football.

Go look at my response to this non-sense post (neek)

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?519264-On-paper-we-should-lose-however-the-Bills-have-a-couple-advantages
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 09:09 AM)The Dangler Wrote: Take a look at what Bills fans have to say about this game. They are really reaching with some of their "stats".

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?519141-The-Bills-and-their-fans-want-respect-Well-come-and-get-it

This line by Straight Hucklebuck Offense made me laugh and cry at the same time.
"We have no chance if we slam Dixon into the line, or waste time giving carries to Boom Herron."

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 03:05 PM)The Dangler Wrote: And there's this too. Using the "B" word.

Oh man and this one takes the cake:
"Dalton is not very good on the road. With our defense looking more comfortable and dominant, we could get the erratic, pick prone Dalton 

He is 8 - 9 on the road and 13-3-1 at home ,including playoffs, since 2013. 

Him and the Bengals are a different team on the road. I would not be suprised to see some early turnovers and taking the momentum for the rest of the game.

Bottom line
The Bengals are a different team on the road. Dalton is a different QB on the road. We have an elite D that is starting to gel..Anybody saying we have no chance has extremely low football i.q"
How many games is he away from leading every QB in the history of the game in that category again? LOL

Reply/Quote
I like the guy who said...  "Have you seen their sack numbers?  Our O Line can't block them". 

They know whoever they start will be a Geno and Carlos sandwich...  They know.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 10:56 AM)The Dangler Wrote: A lot of people saying we're over-rated. That we haven't beaten anyone good. People saying we were lucky to beat Seattle. That Dalton will choke like he always does. Someone even had the main point that after teams play Seattle, they are 3-11 or something like that. That was his main basis of why the Bengals will lose. 

(10-13-2015, 10:15 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Oh man and this one takes the cake:
"Dalton is not very good on the road. With our defense looking more comfortable and dominant, we could get the erratic, pick prone Dalton 

He is 8 - 9 on the road and 13-3-1 at home ,including playoffs, since 2013. 

Him and the Bengals are a different team on the road. I would not be suprised to see some early turnovers and taking the momentum for the rest of the game.

Bottom line
The Bengals are a different team on the road. Dalton is a different QB on the road. We have an elite D that is starting to gel..Anybody saying we have no chance has extremely low football i.q"
How many games is he away from leading every QB in the history of the game in that category again? LOL
"Erratic pick prone Dalton...." um, what the?

I've not always been an Andy cheerleader but I've never felt that he was a pick six machine, nor "prone" to throwing picks.

That guy is delusional and I hope we go up to Buffalo and smoke them, just bc of THAT guy.  Tongue
Reply/Quote
I read one comment that said something along the lines of "if our receivers were healthy then we have the more talented receiver core"... That made me chuckle.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 01:39 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Not sure why, but they say we play better at home than on the road.  We haven't lost yet so...  I definitely respect Rex Ryan's defense.  They just picked up Josh Johnson yesterday, so maybe they are trying to learn as much as they can about our offense from him.

Isn't dalton 21 13 on the road, 16 if you count the three playoffs. 
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 12:40 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: One guy said it perfectly... He said that we were all in on the Seattle game mentally, and could possibly be looking ahead to the bye. If there were any spot on the schedule for a mental letdown, this would be the game.

The mental letdown was the third quarter last Sunday. The coaches won't be mixing mimosas all week; they're going to serve notice.

Here are reasons not to worry about backsliding:

~Jeremy Hill is going to have his game against the Jills. This is it for him. Bring it, kid, or stay #2 behind Gio.
~The O-line let Andy take too many shots. No one is resting on those laurels.
~Reggie Nelson played old. He's going to see it on film. He'll want to atone.
~Dunlap is in the zone! He's feeding off double-teams like Geno is friggin' Chef Boyardee! 
~Andy threw an endzone INT and it woke up something in him. Show me someone not named Brady or Rodgers who's going to put 17 on Seattle in the 4th quarter, "Legion of Boom" restored. Does anyone talk about them having "mental letdown games"?
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 04:03 PM)McC Wrote: I totally disagree that there will be any kind of letdown.  This team will not do that.  They have cast out such behavior.  When you're on a mission like our guys are, the focus will be there every week.   This could be the week the full storm is unleashed.

I can't really see a letdown either, not when you are this far into the season undefeated! They are chasing history!!
Reply/Quote