Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bullock and Charger Game
I know Randy has made all extra points and has great overall stats. But hear me out. We have played 6 games and 2 games we had a great chance to win, Randy missed kicks. Today, if he hits a 40 yard FG, we don't need a TD last drive, we need a FG. Against Chargers, he missed easy FG to tie game and put us in OT.

I know lots of other plays left on the field too in these games, but is Randy just a kicker and not a winner. His history has been very mediocre in clutch situations, horrible in 2020 and average prior years.

Tough loss today, but overall the OL was better today. Burrow played well, should have had 2 picks today as LB dropped an easy one, but Mixon should have caught the pass in the endzone. We got the TD. but Joe did not as we ran it in.

I am critical of Joe at times, but in time these losses become wins as we build around him. Also great to see AJ back today and Higgins gets better every game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 06:21 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I know Randy has made all extra points and has great overall stats. But hear me out. We have played 6 games and 2 games we had a great chance to win, Randy missed kicks. Today, if he hits a 40 yard FG, we don't need a TD last drive, we need a FG. Against Chargers, he missed easy FG to tie game and put us in OT.

I know lots of other plays left on the field too in these games, but is Randy just a kicker and not a winner. His history has been very mediocre in clutch situations, horrible in 2020 and average prior years.

Tough loss today, but overall the OL was better today. Burrow played well, should have had 2 picks today as LB dropped an easy one, but Mixon should have caught the pass in the endzone. We got the TD. but Joe did not as we ran it in.

I am critical of Joe at times, but in time these losses become wins as we build around him. Also great to see AJ back today and Higgins gets better every game.
Bollock is a certified choker....always can count on him missing when the game is on the line and I stlll believe he faked the cramps after that Charger miss
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 06:21 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Today, if he hits a 40 yard FG, we don't need a TD last drive, we need a FG. Against Chargers, he missed easy FG to tie game and put us in OT.

It was a 48 yard FG, not 40. 48 isn't an "easy" FG.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 06:21 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I know Randy has made all extra points and has great overall stats. But hear me out. We have played 6 games and 2 games we had a great chance to win, Randy missed kicks. Today, if he hits a 40 yard FG, we don't need a TD last drive, we need a FG. Against Chargers, he missed easy FG to tie game and put us in OT.

We can play this game the other way.. He does not kick a 54 yarder in 2nd half.. the miss would still put us behind... 
Reply/Quote

A team has to be good enough win against all the "ifs" and "what ifs" that can occur. Kickers miss kicks, receivers drop balls, refs blow calls, on and on. It's all part of the game and a team that can win "in spite of" these things tend to take home championships. The teams that cannot, do not.

Mike Brown teams are never good enough to beat the "if this" and "if that". It's just the legacy he's going to leave behind.

Reply/Quote
So if he missed the extra difficult 55 yarder and hit the later 48 yarder he wouldn't be a choker and we would have been at the same point total. He scored more points than anyone today and was the only one after we went up 21-0. Justin Tucker couldn't save this team. Everything gets Bungled by the end of the game.
Reply/Quote
Zac taylors record over the last 2 season wouldn't be meaningful better if Randy was perfect.

Let's move on to actual problems. Randy's not one of them.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 06:36 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: We can play this game the other way.. He does not kick a 54 yarder in 2nd half.. the miss would still put us behind... 

No you can't. You can't take it off the board, he actually made the 55 and then missed the 48. Facts, not suppositions. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 06:39 PM)Destro Wrote: So if he missed the extra difficult 55 yarder and hit the later 48 yarder he wouldn't be a choker and we would have been at the same point total. He scored more points than anyone today and was the only one after we went up 21-0. Justin Tucker couldn't save this team. Everything gets Bungled by the end of the game.

I don't disagree, but if I think like a head coach, I am not sure I trust him to win any game, that was my point.

But, I do believe I mentioned upfront lots of positives today, but so far everyone wants to ignore the positives I stated about the loss.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 06:36 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: We can play this game the other way.. He does not kick a 54 yarder in 2nd half.. the miss would still put us behind... 

The difference is situation not yardage. There was more pressure to make the 48 yarder as it would have given us the lead in the 4th, where as we had the lead already when he made the 55 yarder. Anytime there seems to be pressure, he does not succeed. It just seems that when push comes to shove and it truly matters, he chokes. 

Now don't get me wrong, defense was so much more of an issue today. 
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 06:45 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I don't disagree, but if I think like a head coach, I am not sure I trust him to win any game, that was my point.

But, I do believe I mentioned upfront lots of positives today, but so far everyone wants to ignore the positives I stated about the loss.

I don't know if I trust the coach to win a game. Not like it was a 25 yarder or something. By the end of the 1st quarter, your FG kicker should have not mattered. With 8:00 left in the game, I do not think that is choke category. There is no reason we should not had been getting the ball back, which we did. If he makes the kick, it likely takes the Colts a little longer to score a TD, leaving the Bengals less time, still losing by 1.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 06:43 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No you can't. You can't take it off the board, he actually made the 55 and then missed the 48. Facts, not suppositions. 

That logic is stupid

If I’m playing pool am i not a choker because i hit a good shot earlier in the game but missed the easy corner putt?

This team is so trash that ppl have literally learned to excuse mediocrity

Bullock was horrible let’s admit it. If i make a hard shot then miss an easy one when the pressure is on that means i choked
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 06:46 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: The difference is situation not yardage. There was more pressure to make the 48 yarder as it would have given us the lead in the 4th, where as we had the lead already when he made the 55 yarder. Anytime there seems to be pressure, he does not succeed. It just seems that when push comes to shove and it truly matters, he chokes. 

Now don't get me wrong, defense was so much more of an issue today. 

Charger game was a freak injury.. he is solid kicker.. great no.. yes defense killed us especially 2nd quarter but Offense did not help us after early 2nd quarter... we only scored 6 points for almost three quarters.. It seems the team just can;t put together a complete game but they have had many close games.. hopefully we will start to win the close ones...  I felt confident on that last drive.. line had played very well gave Burrow time and he was solid most of the day just feel short with that late Int...  Browns are going to be ours next Sunday :)
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 06:59 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Charger game was a freak injury.. he is solid kicker.. great no.. yes defense killed us especially 2nd quarter but Offense did not help us after early 2nd quarter... we only scored 6 points for almost three quarters.. It seems the team just can;t put together a complete game but they have had many close games.. hopefully we will start to win the close ones...  I felt confident on that last drive.. line had played very well gave Burrow time and he was solid most of the day just feel short with that late Int...  Browns are going to be ours next Sunday :)
I can't trust the coaching staff to win anything. Taylor is no better than 31st best coach in the league. 
Reply/Quote
If someone would have told me that fat Randy would be money from 55 today, I would have been skeptical. So, he doinked one from 48, big deal, those 3 points still wouldn't have been enough to get them over 31.

Point is the Bengals offense faltered after some 1st Quarter success, they settled for FG attempts when they should have been crushing TDs.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 07:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If someone would have told me that fat Randy would be money from 55 today, I would have been skeptical.  So, he doinked one from 48, big deal, those 3 points still wouldn't have been enough to get them over 31.

Point is the Bengals offense faltered after some 1st Quarter success, they settled for FG attempts when they should have been crushing TDs.

You realize we were in field goal/near field goal range when Burrow through his pick right? Randy makes that 48 yarder it changes that last possession drastically. But can't go off hypotheticals, Randy probably would have missed a game winner anyway. Its who he is 
Reply/Quote
Bengals players and staff. I need you to line up in order of who's to blame for today's loss.

Randy, get your ass in the back of the line.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 07:19 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: You realize we were in field goal/near field goal range when Burrow through his pick right? Randy makes that 48 yarder it changes that last possession drastically. But can't go off hypotheticals, Randy probably would have missed a game winner anyway. Its who he is 

If they convert those previous drives into TDs, they might have built an unsurmountable lead by then..  We can play this all day.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 07:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If they convert those previous drives into TDs, they might have built an unsurmountable lead by then..  We can play this all day.

Needless to say everyone failed. Coaches, defense, Burrow at the end, and yes Bullock failed as well. 
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 07:26 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Needless to say everyone failed. Coaches, defense, Burrow at the end, and yes Bullock failed as well. 

While you're fingering the blame on individuals, don't forget the WRs for dropping so many passes that hit them in the hands, or the OL for not continuing to block like they did in the 1st half, etc.

It was a team loss, no need for the OP to make a thread about putting the blame on fat Randy.  He is who he is, and generally he's pretty good.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote