Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Burfict
(12-23-2018, 07:29 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He's not going to retire and voluntarily walk away from millions of dollars.

Now if the Bengals cut him, he might be forced to because I doubt too many other teams give him a look.

Except the Steelers, were he becomes a BEAST. 

[Image: ezgif.com-optimize-1-5.gif]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 07:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He was the only reason we were even in the game but ok...

Not to mention the flag for the hit on AB was a very questionable bang bang play....
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 07:37 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Not to mention the flag for the hit on AB was a very questionable bang bang play....

It wasn't questionable. That gets flagged 10 out of 10 times.

It was totally unnecessary. All he had to do was not do it...but he couldn't stop himself from getting a cheap shot in.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 07:39 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It wasn't questionable. That gets flagged 10 out of 10 times.

It was totally unnecessary. All he had to do was not do it...but he couldn't stop himself from getting a cheap shot in.

It's called separating the ball from the receiver.....
Reply/Quote
Whether it was questionable or not a heat of the moment play like that is MUCH more forgivable than a RB fumbling when all he had to do was protect the ball, or a DB making contact with an official and acting like he was at the nightclub instead of on the football field.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
You can see the brain damage in Burficts face now. He needs to retire.

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 06:55 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Vontaze Burfict will be an excellent linebacker coach.

Based on what?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 07:41 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It's called separating the ball from the receiver.....

If by ball you meant head, then yes.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 08:08 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Based on what?

How highly coaches like Zimmer and Guenther spoke of his ability to diagnose offenses for starters.

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 08:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How highly coaches like Zimmer and Guenther spoke of his ability to diagnose offenses for starters.

That comes in really handy for someone that can do it while they're on the field but he can't do if for other guys and he can't talk to them while they're in the middle of the play.

And unfortunately, he hasn't shown that ability at all this year.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 07:41 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It's called separating the ball from the receiver.....

Except that the receiver didn't have the ball because it went sailing way over his head.

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 09:53 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That comes in really handy for someone that can do it while they're on the field but he can't do if for other guys and he can't talk to them while they're in the middle of the play.

Is something that can be taught though.

Reply/Quote
Coaching? Seriously? Doesn’t coaching involve discipline? He’s out of shape now, he has been in past seasons too. He can’t hold back with late hits, he never could. You guys seriously want this guy teaching discipline to the young guys? I remember a scene with his girlfriend in the stands. A very, very, very poorly run organization would want this guy as a coach. I’m guessing that you guys would want Chad coaching the WR’s too? Sorry that I’m late coach!!! Oh, it’s no biggie, I was late myself. What a joke!
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 08:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How highly coaches like Zimmer and Guenther spoke of his ability to diagnose offenses for starters.

He’s so good at running the defense that he doesn’t even wear the headset or play MLB. They opted for hardy freaking Nickerson to direct the defense over him earlier this year
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 06:54 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Vontaz quit on this team after the Steelers game and I am not sure he was ever interested in playing after Guenther moved on. I am not sure if he retires or not but he should not be back here.

This is very easy to state behind your keyboard.

Burfict has never quit on this team. In a couple years he might not be able to walk or think, but he's given us all he has.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Cut. Him.

Period.

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 09:58 PM)N_B Wrote: He’s so good at running the defense that he doesn’t even wear the headset or play MLB. They opted for hardy freaking Nickerson to direct the defense over him earlier this year

Because he was suspended and didn’t know Austin’s defense.

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 07:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He was the only reason we were even in the game but ok...

You and I have been over this and burfict repeatedly. Let’s just agree to disagree and move on.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 09:54 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Except that the receiver didn't have the ball because it went sailing way over his head.

Well yeah, but that was milliseconds prior to the hit. It's not like they can change direction that quickly, and you know that....
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 10:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Because he was suspended and didn’t know Austin’s defense.

Very lame excuse. You tell me an undrafted second year would be able to pick it up a lot better with four extra weeks? He also had a full training camp.

He’s not some defensive genius
Reply/Quote