Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict Dirty? According to AFCN beat writers....
I'm sure Jim Haslett will get him straightened out..... Wink
Reply/Quote
Hope he gets real dirty with big Ben one day.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2016, 03:45 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Hope he gets real dirty with big Ben one day.

Not... sure... if... innuendo...
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
BTW, just noticed a lot of members got banned recently...

Stluciebengal being one of them who i thought was cool.

Must of been in PnR or smacktalk cause it looks like it was a couple Steeler fans as well.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2016, 11:48 PM)tlotharw Wrote: Well, now the Steelers love to face Burfict in the playoffs. Second only to Jeremy Hill in making the impossible possible.
Say what ? So having one defender physically decimate your offense for the next play off round equals "Steelers love to face Burfict" ?

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
https://youtu.be/0az_xtFyJmE
Your honor......I rest my case
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2016, 06:06 PM)John Shaft Wrote: Say what ? So having one defender  physically decimate your offense for the next play off round equals "Steelers love to face Burfict" ?

(06-28-2016, 06:12 PM)John Shaft Wrote: https://youtu.be/0az_xtFyJmE
Your honor......I rest my case

Yeah, not a smart post by Tlotharw at all. If it wasn't for Burfict we wouldn't of been close to winning that game.

Flying around making plays all day long even if he was noticed for the bad one.
Reply/Quote
Burfict is dirty. I don't see anyone condemning him for that besides the Steelers and NFL. All of the talk, posts, and videos showing other players being dirty does not absolve Burfict from being dirty. It just simply shows other players being dirty.

Without question, if Burfict played for any other team, all of you would be talking about how dirty he is. Especially if he played for a division rival. I like the guy. I like the fire, emotion, and intensity he plays with. I just want him to be smart about it and stop hurting the team. He literally helped cost the Bengals 2 games last year including the playoff game. Those mental lapses just cannot happen. Burfict seems to enjoy being considered dirty. In interviews, he obviously doesn't get it though. He never takes responsibility. He plays the victim. He can't be the victim and relish in his dirty reputation at the same time.

I don't want the guy to change who he is, I want him to be smarter, be professional, and play within the rules. The overwhelming majority of players in the NFL do it.
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2016, 07:09 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: Burfict is dirty. I don't see anyone condemning him for that besides the Steelers and NFL. All of the talk, posts, and videos showing other players being dirty does not absolve Burfict from being dirty. It just simply shows other players being dirty.

Without question, if Burfict played for any other team, all of you would be talking about how dirty he is. Especially if he played for a division rival. I like the guy. I like the fire, emotion, and intensity he plays with. I just want him to be smart about it and stop hurting the team. He literally helped cost the Bengals 2 games last year including the playoff game. Those mental lapses just cannot happen. Burfict seems to enjoy being considered dirty. In interviews, he obviously doesn't get it though. He never takes responsibility. He plays the victim. He can't be the victim and relish in his dirty reputation at the same time.

I don't want the guy to change who he is, I want him to be smarter, be professional, and play within the rules. The overwhelming majority of players in the NFL do it.

Meh, for once, we disagree.  To me, dirty is doing stuff after the whistle, and trying to injure people with shots to the knees, etc.  He was absolutely a dirty player in the past, but I just didn't see it last season.  I saw a guy with a reputation get called for just about anything outside of a simple wrap up arm tackle.  Did he bring it upon himself for past transgressions?  Yeah, I'd buy that.  Last season, I saw a guy playing with a lot of heart, and walked a tightrope with aggressive play, but not dirty.  Sometimes maybe overly aggressive, but not dirty.  Dirty is the stupid stuff he used to do, or stomping on guys, eye gouging, late hits, etc....I just didn't see a lot of that from him in 2015.  How many of those penalties called against him were ruled unjust after the fact by the league?  Quite a few, if memory serves.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy.gif]
THis shit again huh 

Reply/Quote
(06-28-2016, 07:09 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: Burfict is dirty. I don't see anyone condemning him for that besides the Steelers and NFL. All of the talk, posts, and videos showing other players being dirty does not absolve Burfict from being dirty. It just simply shows other players being dirty.

The nut tap and the ankle twist were dirty, but to say he is dirty is painting with a broad brush IMHO.

So is saying he cost us 2 games last year including the playoff game, all of which we would of not been in without him.
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2016, 01:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Eh, Burfict has played dirty in the past and he needs to clean that up. He could beat up teams like the Steelers
without the personal fouls. He needs to hold himself back especially after the whistle. All three Steeler games
last year Burfict kept going after the whistle and while i love the way he hates them bastids as much as me
that just cannot fly otherwise the flags do.

I think Burfict will tone it back after the suspension and with Haslett's help he will get even better than he has
been. Dude is a hunter out there, love it.

Please.  Give us a break.  You need a guy like Burfict on your team to establish the "attitude".  Personally I don't mind the personal fouls as long as they don't cost us games.  And it could be argued the PF in the playoff game should never have happened, we've all played that one over and over (thanks Jeremy Hill).

Nonetheless, teams with bad boys generally are very successful.  See Pitts with James Harrison, Baltimore with Rey Lewis and the Bears with Dick Butkus.  You just have to hope the good outweighs the bad.  I certainly don't want him to lose his edge because its what makes the Bengals defense successful.
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2016, 10:51 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: Please.  Give us a break.  You need a guy like Burfict on your team to establish the "attitude".  Personally I don't mind the personal fouls as long as they don't cost us games.  And it could be argued the PF in the playoff game should never have happened, we've all played that one over and over (thanks Jeremy Hill).

Nonetheless, teams with bad boys generally are very successful.  See Pitts with James Harrison, Baltimore with Rey Lewis and the Bears with Dick Butkus.  You just have to hope the good outweighs the bad.  I certainly don't want him to lose his edge because its what makes the Bengals defense successful.

The league, and it's rules, have changed since Harrison's heyday, and certainly Lewis and Butkus.  Playing with emotion is a good thing, but they're not tolerating the "bad boy" image like they used to.  It's time to adjust to the rules and just play hard nosed football.  Personal fouls can, and have, cost us games. 

I don't want Burfict to lose his edge either, but even he admitted he needs to adjust his playing style to the game more.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2016, 03:45 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Hope he gets real dirty with big Ben one day.

The only way I want Pig Ben to get "dirty" is that he finally ends up in prison and gets ass-raped as many times as he raped women.  
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2016, 04:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: BTW, just noticed a lot of members got banned recently...

Stluciebengal being one of them who i thought was cool.

Must of been in PnR or smacktalk cause it looks like it was a couple Steeler fans as well.

I don't get this crap...Isn't this a board run by a Bengals Fan?  Why would Brad and St. Lucie be banned?  Stupid.  
Reply/Quote
The rules aren't about getting rid of the bad boy image, it's reactionary damage control just like the pink shoes and such are not about breast cancer awareness, it's about marketing to women..

Gee..I sure hope nobody thinks I'm being cynical about this..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
He IS a dirty player. His suspension is warranted. I love his tenacity on the field though.

Reply/Quote
I'm fuzzy on all this, but if your name shows up purple, you're banned for good?  and if your name shows up in pink, you're in timeout?
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(06-28-2016, 11:01 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: The league, and it's rules, have changed since Harrison's heyday, and certainly Lewis and Butkus.  Playing with emotion is a good thing, but they're not tolerating the "bad boy" image like they used to.  It's time to adjust to the rules and just play hard nosed football.  Personal fouls can, and have, cost us games. 

I don't want Burfict to lose his edge either, but even he admitted he needs to adjust his playing style to the game more.

Exactly!  Pretty much what I said above.  I just hope he can play 'within' the rules and keep that edge he gives the defense.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2016, 09:41 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I'm fuzzy on all this, but if your name shows up purple, you're banned for good?  and if your name shows up in pink, you're in timeout?

.....other way around.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote