Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict Dirty? According to AFCN beat writers....
(06-27-2016, 12:16 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Shazier had just as bad of a hit, but you don't hear people crying about that. The Steelers coaches were being dirty and they don't talk about that. When Burfict hits a receiver hard with his shoulder the world explodes.

When a Steeler does it its not dirty...

when a Bengal does it its the worst thing the league has ever seen..

Double standards are a *****
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2016, 10:51 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: Please.  Give us a break.  You need a guy like Burfict on your team to establish the "attitude".  Personally I don't mind the personal fouls as long as they don't cost us games.  And it could be argued the PF in the playoff game should never have happened, we've all played that one over and over (thanks Jeremy Hill).

Nonetheless, teams with bad boys generally are very successful.  See Pitts with James Harrison, Baltimore with Rey Lewis and the Bears with Dick Butkus.  You just have to hope the good outweighs the bad.  I certainly don't want him to lose his edge because its what makes the Bengals defense successful.

Hey Daddy-O, i ain't givin you no break. Like Tiger Teeth says here, the game has changed since then.

I love the way Burfict plays and he should keep that up, but he needs a little more discipline in the way he plays.

After the whistle stuff can hurt your team more than ever right now.

Burfict can dial it back a bit after the whistle and still keep the "attitude".

(06-28-2016, 11:01 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: The league, and it's rules, have changed since Harrison's heyday, and certainly Lewis and Butkus.  Playing with emotion is a good thing, but they're not tolerating the "bad boy" image like they used to.  It's time to adjust to the rules and just play hard nosed football.  Personal fouls can, and have, cost us games. 

I don't want Burfict to lose his edge either, but even he admitted he needs to adjust his playing style to the game more.

Spot on brother. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2016, 01:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hey Daddy-O, i ain't givin you no break. Like Tiger Teeth says here, the game has changed since then.

I love the way Burfict plays and he should keep that up, but he needs a little more discipline in the way he plays.

Especially now.  After the last Baltimore game, the league notified him that he was being put on watch and would be subject to even more scrutiny.  After the hit on Brown, that will only intensify.  Whether it is all fair or not, whether we like it all or not, Burfict brought this on himself.  He earned the reputation he has, and it is going to take some time to move past it.

And it does not matter how people played in the past, the game is different today than it was then.  The NFL is dealing with billion dollar settlements, concussion films starring Will Smith, and more media attention devoted to player safety than one person could possibly read.  Everyone at the NFL from the players, to the owners, to the league are about one thing... making money.  The league has changed and the rules have changed.  Players must adapt if they want to be a part of it.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2016, 10:58 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: When a Steeler does it its not dirty...

when a Bengal does it its the worst thing the league has ever seen..

Double standards are a *****

What made me even more mad was Steelers players dancing on the field while Bernard is still unconscious. Imagine the crying if Burfict would have danced while Brown was still out. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2016, 02:41 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: What made me even more mad was Steelers players dancing on the field while Bernard is still unconscious. Imagine the crying if Burfict would have danced while Brown was still out. 

Oh well the Steeler fans wont let you forget that Burfict apparently threw a huge party at the playboy mansion after hurting Bell and then went on twitter to rub it in their faces and murdered Leveon Bell's kitten. Worst man on the planet this Burfict.

I hear he keeps party hats and confetti under the bench in case he injures someone important during the game.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2016, 01:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hey Daddy-O, i ain't givin you no break. Like Tiger Teeth says here, the game has changed since then.

Spot on brother. Rock On

Agreed.  The rules have undoubtedly changed.  And I'm good with it as long as they're consistent (NFL and its referees), don't want to hear Burfict is a repeat offender and therefore gets more attention.  The Shazier hit was a no-brainer that was completely overlooked.  The NFL can preach all they want about rule changes but until they start enforcing them equally across the board I say blah, blah, blah....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2016, 09:41 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I'm fuzzy on all this, but if your name shows up purple, you're banned for good?  and if your name shows up in pink, you're in timeout?

My account would not even allow me on the site for days and pretty sure I did or said nothing to warrant this. So who actually knows.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2016, 07:04 PM)Go Cards Wrote: My account would not even allow me on the site for days and pretty sure I did or said nothing to warrant this. So who actually knows.
Nobody could get on here. We all thought we were banned.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2016, 03:30 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: Agreed.  The rules have undoubtedly changed.  And I'm good with it as long as they're consistent (NFL and its referees), don't want to hear Burfict is a repeat offender and therefore gets more attention.  The Shazier hit was a no-brainer that was completely overlooked.  The NFL can preach all they want about rule changes but until they start enforcing them equally across the board I say blah, blah, blah....

Consistency in the NFL is impossible. PT Refs, media manipulation, business expectations etc.
Every team receives the shit end of certain calls.
The Bengals are painted as a dirty team (justified or not). Expect BS calls at pivotal times.

Remember, it's just a game.

Reply/Quote
(06-29-2016, 03:13 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Oh well the Steeler fans wont let you forget that Burfict apparently threw a huge party at the playboy mansion after hurting Bell and then went on twitter to rub it in their faces and murdered Leveon Bell's kitten. Worst man on the planet this Burfict.

I hear he keeps party hats and confetti under the bench in case he injures someone important during the game.

The bully is always the bully until he gets punched in the nose, in which case he becomes a giant "kitty" and whines and cries about the unfairness of his bloody nose. 
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2016, 09:21 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The bully is always the bully until he gets punched in the nose, in which case he becomes a giant "kitty" and whines and cries about the unfairness of his bloody nose. 

[Image: cap004.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2016, 02:16 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: [Image: cap004.jpg]

Not that I care one iota, but..
Quote:Error 1011 Ray ID: 2bb34b8041a437d4 • 2016-06-30 17:21:29 UTC
Access denied
What happened?
The owner of this website (scottsdiabetes.com) does not allow hotlinking to that resource (/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/cap004.jpg).
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-30-2016, 02:24 PM)grampahol Wrote: Not that I care one iota, but..

Interesting... I see the picture in my original comment and in the reply! Oh well. I don't care one iota about telling you what it was! Smirk
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2016, 04:43 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Interesting... I see the picture in my original comment and in the reply! Oh well. I don't care one iota about telling you what it was! Smirk

Well, I'm curious and I couldn't see it???
Reply/Quote
I have been a Bengal fan since they played at Nippert Stadium and throughout the years have personally known some players.....yet the first team jersey I have purchased myself in any sport is the double nickel. 55 Vontaze Burfict jersey. The reaction from all these steeler fans I live and socialize with is well worth it. They truly get emotional....but in a whiney, bitchey kind of way.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2016, 05:07 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Well, I'm curious and I couldn't see it???

It was Scott Farkus (the bully from the movie A Christmas Story) with a bloody nose after Ralphie beats him up. The Steelers are much like Scott Farkus in my mind lol.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2016, 02:37 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Especially now.  After the last Baltimore game, the league notified him that he was being put on watch and would be subject to even more scrutiny.  After the hit on Brown, that will only intensify.  Whether it is all fair or not, whether we like it all or not, Burfict brought this on himself.  He earned the reputation he has, and it is going to take some time to move past it.

And it does not matter how people played in the past, the game is different today than it was then.  The NFL is dealing with billion dollar settlements, concussion films starring Will Smith, and more media attention devoted to player safety than one person could possibly read.  Everyone at the NFL from the players, to the owners, to the league are about one thing... making money.  The league has changed and the rules have changed.  Players must adapt if they want to be a part of it.

For sure, it is what it is.

(06-29-2016, 03:30 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: Agreed.  The rules have undoubtedly changed.  And I'm good with it as long as they're consistent (NFL and its referees), don't want to hear Burfict is a repeat offender and therefore gets more attention.  The Shazier hit was a no-brainer that was completely overlooked.  The NFL can preach all they want about rule changes but until they start enforcing them equally across the board I say blah, blah, blah....

Yeah, just another reason why i hate the Steelers. I honestly don't know how anyone could be a fan of a team
that receives repeated favoritism time after time. Reminds me of how the NBA went down the shitter during the
Laker years when Shaq would dunk the ball kick a dude in the face and a foul would get called on kicked face dude.
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2016, 03:26 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: It was Scott Farkus (the bully from the movie A Christmas Story) with a bloody nose after Ralphie beats him up. The Steelers are much like Scott Farkus in my mind lol.

It's Scut, his name is Scut.
[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(07-02-2016, 03:18 PM)John Shaft Wrote: I have been a Bengal fan since they played at Nippert Stadium and throughout the years have personally known some players.....yet the first team jersey I have purchased myself in any sport is the double nickel. 55 Vontaze Burfict jersey. The reaction from all these steeler fans I live and socialize with is well worth it. They truly get emotional....but in a whiney, bitchey kind of way.

Hilarious

Reply/Quote
http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/7/5/12070978/9-players-more-deserving-of-3-game-suspensions-than-vontaze-burfict

Very interesting!
Reply/Quote