Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Burfict: I'm Being Singled Out, I'll Have To Change
I thought we all agreed Brown flopped, winked, hopped, skipped and jumped his way (post game) into an all out scam of a win. Along with the rest of the Dastardly Steelers....

It wasn't until Jones called him out on it that the Steelers were forced to sit him to prove him wrong. Right?!

The wagon supposed to been circled by now. It's time for a united front against the Steelers on this matter (and the rest of the league for that matter). This was against the Steelers! I'd agree with Fred and others if this happened to some hapless Jaguar. It's just a shame it happened in the playoffs. Hopefully, if it happened in the regular season, all would have been forgiven by now.

And hopefully the jungle move on from the nightmare, and start looking towards next season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2016, 07:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: link does not work.  Says I have to sign in to view.

Should be fixed. Feel free to hit repeat over and over, Note commentators "too high" a fraction of a second before the hit. 

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2016, 09:06 PM)jj22 Wrote: I thought we all agreed Brown flopped, winked, hopped, skipped and jumped his way (post game) into an all out scam of a win. Along with the rest of the Dastardly Steelers....

It wasn't until Jones called him out on it that the Steelers were forced to sit him to prove him wrong. Right?!

Do you even think before you write this silly stuff.

"The Steelers don't have to worry about what they do!  They can get away with anything no matter what!  But they have to give up and bench Brown because if they don't then.  .  .  uh.  .  . Well actually nothing would have happened except the Steelers having a much better chance of winning, but they did it anyway!!!"
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2016, 09:11 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Should be fixed. Feel free to hit repeat over and over, Note commentators "too high" a fraction of a second before the hit. 

I don't think BUrfict was listening to the announcers, so I will just note that Burfict was not even in the frame when the ball goes through Browns hands and that the the ball was 10 yards past the receiver when Burfit made the hit.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2016, 10:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't think BUrfict was listening to the announcers, so I will just note that Burfict was not even in the frame when the ball goes through Browns hands and that the the ball was 10 yards past the receiver when Burfit made the hit.

Jeez, i said I was done and there is no point in arguing with you because your mind is made up. Burfict is a dirty SOB who was trying to kill Antonio Brown. Cool story bro. He probably also meant to break Bell. He should be ejected from the league immediately and thrown in prison. Is it fair to assume that Tez and the announcers got the same info on the location of the ball at the exact same time? Tez was indeed entering the frame when the ball ricochets off Browns hands. At this time Burfict had lowered his shoulder and was preparing to hit Brown in the chest in case he caught it. Brown then lowers his head and hits Burfict's shoulder. Flag.

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2016, 10:39 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote:  Is it fair to assume that Tez and the announcers got the same info on the location of the ball at the exact same time? 

Yes, very safe to assume.  Just like me watching the game live.  Doesn't matter when the announcer SAID anything.  All that matters is what everyone could see.  Burfict was yards away when he saw that brown waa not going to make the catch.
Reply/Quote
Honestly, lets be real. The burfict hit was a flag. Was he trying to kill him? No but he was trying to send him a message.

He did lighten up a little, but as he hit AB in the head he flexed his shoulder. ALL of our hearts dropped when he hit him, then the flag came in and we knew it.

I agree with fredtoast, burfict isnt getting the message. He does not need to change his style of play at all! The dude is a GREAT tackler. I would honestly considering him one of the best LBs in the game. He needs to stop with the stuff like twisting ankles at the end of the play, hitting AB late, stuff we consider " flagrant".

But the announcers did make the Cincinnati Bengals seem like theyre all dirty criminals. It was getting  ridiculous 
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2016, 11:40 PM)Gohards Wrote: Honestly, lets be real. The burfict hit was a flag. Was he trying to kill him? No but he was trying to send him a message.

He did lighten up a little, but as he hit AB in the head he flexed his shoulder. ALL of our hearts dropped when he hit him, then the flag came in and we knew it.

I agree with fredtoast, burfict isnt getting the message. He does not need to change his style of play at all! The dude is a GREAT tackler. I would honestly considering him one of the best LBs in the game. He needs to stop with the stuff like twisting ankles at the end of the play, hitting AB late, stuff we consider " flagrant".

But the announcers did make the Cincinnati Bengals seem like theyre all dirty criminals. It was getting  ridiculous 

I think that if Shazier did not get away with that dirty hit earlier in the game more people would admit that what Burfict did deserved a flag.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2016, 11:40 PM)Gohards Wrote: Honestly, lets be real. The burfict hit was a flag. Was he trying to kill him? No but he was trying to send him a message.

I dont get how people can come to this conclusion. He wasnt trying to send a message. Browns 2nd foot comes down just as the contact was made. If Browns body was not pushed in front of Burfict he would not have hit him. He gets pushed over head extended all the way and Burfict is coming full steam but gets shit because he cant break the laws of science and allow Browns head to pass through his body without making contact. 

Busting his ass to make a play in the biggest game of his career in the last seconds of the game. If Brown catches it he is there to make a play and be a hero for the 3rd time in the game. Instead he gets his own fans turning on him for unavoidable incidental contact.
Reply/Quote
Brown flopping around like he was shot with a cannon was what drew the flag.

It's obvious to me Burfict pulled up
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2016, 11:52 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I dont get how people can come to this conclusion. He wasnt trying to send a message. Browns 2nd foot comes down just as the contact was made. If Browns body was not pushed in front of Burfict he would not have hit him. He gets pushed over head extended all the way and Burfict is coming full steam but gets shit because he cant break the laws of science and allow Browns head to pass through his body without making contact. 

Busting his ass to make a play in the biggest game of his career in the last seconds of the game. If Brown catches it he is there to make a play and be a hero for the 3rd time in the game. Instead he gets his own fans turning on him for unavoidable incidental contact.

So you seriously believe that if the ball had arrived later Burfict would not have been able to make any adjustments in order to make a play on the ball instead of hitting Brown?

Burfict could have done a lot of things other than dipping his shoulder to hit Brown.  
Reply/Quote
We see Nelson make those hard hits trying to dislodge the ball all the time. I think that was Tez's intention. He was a little late, lost track of the ball a bit and Browns head dropped. I'm sorry.. i just can't believe Tez would choose to "send a message" at that point in the game. That seems like pure lunacy.

..and it appears i am not done with this thread *shrugs* keep bringing it i guess

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2016, 12:18 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: We see Nelson make those hard hits trying to dislodge the ball all the time. I think that was Tez's intention. He was a little late, lost track of the ball a bit and Browns head dropped. I'm sorry.. i just can't believe Tez would choose to "send a message" at that point in the game. That seems like pure lunacy.

..and it appears i am not done with this thread *shrugs* keep bringing it i guess

The guy was PUMPED full of emotions. He sacked Big ben. What a great play. The sideline lady reports he was pumped up and the coaches were trying to contain him. We keep holding them, Then we score, and take the lead. Then bufict makes the game winning play!!! He intercepts the ball and all we have to do is run out the clock. How pumped up would you be? Then these chumps get the ball back. How brutal would you be to your arch nemesis? Then boom, ill show these cowards. Ill send them a message. And it happend. Flag is out
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2016, 12:00 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So you seriously believe that if the ball had arrived later Burfict would not have been able to make any adjustments in order to make a play on the ball instead of hitting Brown?

Burfict could have done a lot of things other than dipping his shoulder to hit Brown.  

Not sure what you are asking there. If the ball was thrown later he would have broke later. If he was in man coverage and had better position he might not have been pursuing with such wreckless abandon. But that is not what the situation dictated. 

Ball was thrown he is going at the intended receiver. Do you want him jogging on over something. 

Burfict doesnt have elite athleticism. He isnt jumping 40 inches to tip that ball. He will take out legs which he does when TEs catch in front of him high. Or go for the midsection hit. He is what 260 265lbs? He isnt stopping on a dime or making 90 degree cuts when running full speed.

The one thing he could do other than dipping his shoulder would be to mentally over power his natural reflexes to brace for impact and protect his vital organs and take a helmet in the ribs. Or he could play defense how you want our guys to play defense. Less than 100%. 

Do you think unavoidable collisions happen on the football field?
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2016, 11:58 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: Brown flopping around like he was shot with a cannon was what drew the flag.

......to you, me, Solomon Wilcots, and Deion Sanders.....others, not so much.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2016, 10:02 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Per PFT, Burfict says that he would go low if he could do it over again:

So Burfict either has to go low and risk blowing up AB's knees, possibly crippling him, or just letting him make the catch, but that's the NFL today.

He also realizes that he's being singled-out, so he has to be even more careful than the average player:

If he wasn't 55 or if he just wasn't a Bengal against the Steelers.  

Maybe now he'll start playing like he knows he's being singled out, which playing with more control will make him even better, so let's hope so.

This might be one of the dumbest things I've ever read. You go low to avoid hitting other players in the head and giving them concussions. You can hit players low without going for their knees. All you have to do is hit them in the numbers or thighs. 

You people kill me. You act like this is some new revelation from the NFL that they are going to try and take high hits to the head out of the game, and rightfully so. You do realize that former players are literally dying and killing themselves because of CTE and brain damage, right? 

But hey, that's the NFL. Just one big ***** league. Who cares if the game is killing people. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2016, 04:08 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Burfict doesnt have elite athleticism. He isnt jumping 40 inches to tip that ball. He will take out legs which he does when TEs catch in front of him high. Or go for the midsection hit. He is what 260 265lbs? He isnt stopping on a dime or making 90 degree cuts when running full speed.

Not to mention recovering from microfracture surgery, which probably limits his ability to cut......

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2016, 11:58 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: Brown flopping around like he was shot with a cannon was what drew the flag.

This.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2016, 10:47 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This might be one of the dumbest things I've ever read. You go low to avoid hitting other players in the head and giving them concussions. You can hit players low without going for their knees. All you have to do is hit them in the numbers or thighs. 

You people kill me. You act like this is some new revelation from the NFL that they are going to try and take high hits to the head out of the game, and rightfully so. You do realize that former players are literally dying and killing themselves because of CTE and brain damage, right? 

But hey, that's the NFL. Just one big ***** league. Who cares if the game is killing people. 

I think the issue is the league cares about some players/teams (Brown) safety and not others (Gio). Panthers fans are furious that Talib got away with what he did, but Bowlen is a league favorite and thus the safety of the Panther player wasn't a priority. When the league and refs becomes consistent and doesn't favor certain teams/players. Then we'd be all aboard the safety wagon. We just can't keep getting beat up by league favorites then turning on our players because they didn't turn the other cheek. We turned the other cheek for years and look what it got us. A beat down by Steelers players as they marched their way to championships. Until the league and refs prove consistency, players just have to fight fire with fire. Or get carted off and IR'd by the league favorites.

Everyone has a point about Burfict. But this happened against the Steelers. And that should be enough to make us rally. You think Steeler fans turned on Harrison anytime over the years, are angry with Shazier about the Gio hit? They'd never do that for us. Never turned on Kimo for his Palmer hit. Never turned on Mitchell for his head hunting. The idea that Cinci fans have sided with them over Burfict is just crazy to me. Disappointing, cause I know they wouldn't do that for us.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2016, 11:10 AM)jj22 Wrote: I think the issue is the league cares about some players/teams (Brown) safety and not others (Gio). Panthers fans are furious that Talib got away with what he did, but Bowlen is a league favorite and thus the safety of the Panther player wasn't a priority. When the league and refs becomes consistent and doesn't favor certain teams/players. Then we'd be all aboard the safety wagon. We just can't keep getting beat up by league favorites then turning on our players because they didn't turn the other cheek. We turned the other cheek for years and look what it got us. A beat down by Steelers players as they marched their way to championships. Until the league and refs prove consistency, players just have to fight fire with fire. Or get carted off and IR'd by the league favorites.

Everyone has a point about Burfict. But this happened against the Steelers. And that should be enough to make us rally. You think Steeler fans turned on Harrison anytime over the years, are angry with Shazier about the Gio hit? They'd never do that for us. Never turned on Kimo for his Palmer hit. Never turned on Mitchell for his head hunting. The idea that Cinci fans have sided with them over Burfict is just crazy to me. Disappointing, cause I know they wouldn't do that for us.

1.  Sorry, but being a fan does not mean I can disconnect with reality.  I don't change my view of reality just because I am a Bengal fan.

2.  Burficts action that you are praising was a major part of what cause us to lose the game.

3.  There are plenty of great players who intimidate without crossing the line. 
Reply/Quote