Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Burfict actually now fined for Big Ben hit
Per Schefter:

"As it turns out, NFL fined Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict today for hit on Ben Roethlisberger, per agent Audie Attar. Burfict appealing fine."

So after stating he wouldn't be fined, they changed their mind. I am sure there was absolutely no lobbying influencing this change...

Unbelievable double standards at play here, considering the eye gouging from DeCastro and a slew of dangerous hits and fighting from Steeler players.

Reply/Quote
Do we know the amount?
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Idc personally as long as he's not gettin any suspension there money means nothing to me
Who Dey!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm ok with it as long as he doesn't get suspended. I'm still waiting on a fine for Mitchell on Eifert
Reply/Quote
Heard a report where they said Ben and Roger were seen heading together to the bathroom....

[Image: ben-roethlisberger.gif]

...soon after their decision for a fine was suddenly reversed.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
DeCastro also got a fine

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I just watched the video for the first time and Burfict definitely changed direction after the block to try and hit Ben, should have just stayed high though, you can't got at the QB's legs anymore.
Reply/Quote
I don't have an issue as long as DeCastro and Mitchell get fines as well.
Reply/Quote
It's ok....but Spaeth should get one too.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2015, 11:35 PM)Wyche Wrote: It's ok....but Spaeth should get one too.

This.  His was even more blatant, because there's no reason an offensive player should be wrapping up a defensive player.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2015, 11:37 PM)Earendil Wrote: This.  His was even more blatant, because there's no reason an offensive player should be wrapping up a defensive player.

Yup....especially around the knee!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
And still nothing about the death threat from a Steelers LB.

I know I'm stilled pissed about this shit, so I know our players are. I hope we take it out on the 49ers.
Reply/Quote
So now burficts has 3 fines coming from one game wtf....NFL is a joke and haven for favoritism.
"The Power of life and death is in the tongue"
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2015, 10:22 PM)pally Wrote: DeCastro also got a fine

Good to hear. Thought he got away with one there.

Reply/Quote

Exactly 

Attached Files Image(s)

Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote

(12-17-2015, 11:37 PM)Earendil Wrote: This.  His was even more blatant, because there's no reason an offensive player should be wrapping up a defensive player.

(12-18-2015, 09:00 AM)Se ky bengal Wrote: Exactly 

Yep!  Too bad we know Spaeth will get away with it.  If he hasn't been fined by now, he probably isn't going too.  The NFL just likes to make examples of some players, to make it look like they are really concerned with player safety.  If they were truly concerned about player safety, they would review every game completely and fine every player for plays like that. 

Can you imagine?  There would be so many fines handed out.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 03:22 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: And still nothing about the death threat from a Steelers LB.

I know I'm stilled pissed about this shit, so I know our players are. I hope we take it out on the 49ers.

Yeah, it's amazing the things players get fined and disciplined for, but something like that the NFL just let slide.  Totally ridiculous.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
Burfict has been fined for 3 different infractions for a total of almost $70k!!!
Reply/Quote
First rule of sports, the league is always out to get your team. If you go to Steelers forum they claim the league is out to get them, if you look here the league is out to get us. If the league is out to get everyone, are they actually out to get anyone?
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 11:04 AM)Au165 Wrote: First rule of sports, the league is always out to get your team. If you go to Steelers forum they claim the league is out to get them, if you look here the league is out to get us. If the league is out to get everyone, are they actually out to get anyone?

Well said.  Every fan I know thinks the league is tougher on their team, that the refs miss more calls against them...
Reply/Quote