Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Burfict actually now fined for Big Ben hit
Yet still not a peep from the NFL about the death threats against Burfict. Imagine that, huh?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 09:33 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yet still not a peep from the NFL about the death threats against Burfict. Imagine that, huh?

Based on what the league has said through reports. Plus marvin mentioning he spoke with Tomlin. I bet if these two teams meet again there will be an extremely short lease and guys will be tossed out. Or flagged for every little scuffle.
Reply/Quote
This is BS if you watch that clip at no point does it look intentional or dirty so whatever. It CLEARLY shows him being pushed by Dunlap and actually rolling away from Jen. If he wanted to hurt Jen he would have point blank..
[Image: 52393749789596023645410.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Meh.... He had some suspect plays in the past. The league will call him out on anything.

Some of y'all whining "What about this? What about that?"

Ridiculous

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 07:10 PM)gobobro Wrote: You understand I mean goon in the hockey sense of being an enforcer, and not some sort of knucklehead euphemism?

Yes, but an NHL goon is usually someone that is limited in their actual play and is used only for their toughness and fighting ability.  That is not Burfict.  He is a versatile elite talent at LB in the NFL.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2015, 09:38 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: Per Schefter:

"As it turns out, NFL fined Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict today for hit on Ben Roethlisberger, per agent Audie Attar. Burfict appealing fine."

So after stating he wouldn't be fined, they changed their mind. I am sure there was absolutely no lobbying influencing this change...

Unbelievable double standards at play here, considering the eye gouging from DeCastro and a slew of dangerous hits and fighting from Steeler players.

I believe his agent said he would not be fined, not the NFL.

Burfict is a dirty player, plain and simple. He deserves to be fined, and could have easily been suspended. The Steelers got their fair share of fines too.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2015, 02:01 PM)Utts Wrote: I believe his agent said he would not be fined, not the NFL.

Burfict is a dirty player, plain and simple. He deserves to be fined, and could have easily been suspended. The Steelers got their fair share of fines too.

Name the fines they got...
"The Power of life and death is in the tongue"
Reply/Quote
These fines are pretty much meaningless when you consider players are paid like corporate CEO's. Burfict recieved a 4 year, $19,004,000 contract so a $70,000 fine is like me getting fined a pack of gum...actually probably just a part of a pack of gum. His 4 year deal divided by 70k is 271.485 and I seriously doubt he'll get fined 70K 271 times in 4 years.

When fans feign outrage I just scratch my head. I'd be far more outraged if I was fined $70,000 being my monthly income is $733 from social security. To put it in perspective his $70k fine would be equivalent to me being fined $2.70 for some "egregious incident" so these fines are pretty much meaningless. If they really wanted to have an impact and change players behavior they would toss them out of games and suspend them significant playing time, but instead they fine them a pack of gum and pretend they're doing something.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote