Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict and Jones honestly suck
(10-16-2016, 07:05 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Gronk and Blount instigated every part of that bs and it's not debateable. Burfict came to the defense of his teammates like he should.

Definitely. No idea what Whatever thought he was watching.

Sad that Burfict had to be the one to stand up against that s***. God forbid the coaches say anything. Jeez that makes me mad. Marv is such a damn wuss
Reply/Quote
I think they both kept themselves in check pretty admirably, despite being baited. But because they are who they are, anything they become involved in gets escalated far beyond what's reasonable. I also think the coaching staff needs to be called to account much more than the players do.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 06:17 PM)Whatever Wrote: The reality is, Goodell is out to get him because of his reputation(deserved or not is irrelevant) for attempting to injure other players.  We will rarely get a fair shake with him still on the roster.  He is a good player, but he isn't out there making a lot of game changing plays, either.  He is also injury prone and I can't remember the last time he played a full season.  He and Jones are leaders, but they both have a tendency to just spontaneously lose it.  They aren't mentally tough, and the team takes after that.

This team has a ton of negative PR right now, which makes it easy for zebras to shaft us.  Releasing Jones and Burfict would be a good way of showing people that that kind of BS won't be tolerated.
There are better ways. Release Marvin and his half-assed coaching staff. Get good coaches and then see what happens?...Discipline; Commitment; Toughness; Winning; Etc.  Oh wait - Mikey still owns the franchise - never mind. It is just a fig-newton of my imagination. Sick
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 07:55 PM)Derrick Wrote: There are better ways. Release Marvin and his half-assed coaching staff. Get good coaches and then see what happens?...Discipline; Commitment; Toughness; Winning; Etc.  Oh wait - Mikey still owns the franchise - never mind. It is just a fig-newton of my imagination. Sick

Some guys can be coached to fix these kinds of issues.  Zimmer is about as disciplined as it gets, and it was the same thing when he was here.

Did Gronk talk smack to Dre?  Sure.  Do our guys talk smack to opposing players?  Sure.  Burfict jumped in and baited Gronk into saying something over the line, and he got flagged for it, but the refs knew he was baited, which is why there were a couple of no calls as "make up calls" down the stretch, like that bs facemask call.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 05:40 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Burfict was all over the place out there.  The dude is a great player, although I still think he could lose some lbs but that's neither here or there.

I was thinking the same. Maybe he's not in playing shape yet but he looks to be a step or two slower this year. He looks heavier.
Reply/Quote
Adam or Vontaze at this point aren't making enough momentum game changing plays especially on 3rd down
remember when Burfict destroyed That Browns RB on a swing pass 2 years ago and forced the fumbe .and took it too the house?
those kind of plays
Pac-Man is just showing his age
Reply/Quote
Vontaze is making plays even though he's still quite overweight. I think it's a flaw in his preparation that he allowed himself to begin the season fat. People compare him to Ray Lewis, but Lewis was a beast in the gym and on the field.

It's possible that the team wanted Vontaze to rest his micro fracture knee while he served out his suspension. Can't fault him or them if that's the case. We can't know. If it's not, then it's something he needs to work on. Conditioning is too big a part of the modern game to be disregarded if you want to be considered one of the best. Getting by on talent alone will end your career early if you don't stay in shape.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 11:25 PM)James Brooks Wrote: I was thinking the same. Maybe he's not in playing shape yet but he looks to be a step or two slower this year. He looks heavier.

Yeah he needs to stick to the black jersey, they're slimming.

Reply/Quote
I just think the fans here can't be happy. For years we have wanted an enforcer, someone who doesn't take shit from an opposing teams and a guy that sticks up for his teammates. A Rey Lewis, James Harrison etc...

In walks Vontaze Burfict. Now some of you want to ***** about something you have been wanting for years. Of ALL the problems the Bengals have Vontaze is not the biggest. I'll be damned if we fans villainize a guy who puts his heart and soul on the field. A guy who doesn't get in trouble off the field. The media makes us out to be the bad guys too often and I wont be involved in making this narrative so.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 11:58 PM)MentalRage Wrote: I just think the fans here can't be happy. For years we have wanted an enforcer, someone who doesn't take shit from an opposing teams and a guy that sticks up for his teammates. A Rey Lewis, James Harrison etc...

In walks Vontaze Burfict. Now some of you want to ***** about something you have been wanting for years. Of ALL the problems the Bengals have Vontaze is not the biggest. I'll be damned if we fans villainize a guy who puts his heart and soul on the field. A guy who doesn't get in trouble off the field. The media makes us out to be the bad guys too often and I wont be involved in making this narrative so.

Hear hear
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 11:58 PM)MentalRage Wrote: I just think the fans here can't be happy. For years we have wanted an enforcer, someone who doesn't take shit from an opposing teams and a guy that sticks up for his teammates. A Rey Lewis, James Harrison etc...

I never wanted a James Harrison, because he is dirty as sin.  A Ray Lewis, minus the off field issues, would be great, because the guy is a tremendous leader, gets everyone on the same page, and holds everyone accountable.  Burfict isn't those things, though.  He can fire the team up, but can't instill the poise and control this team lacks.  In fact, he embodies the exact opposite.

I won't question his effort, but he has flat out villified himself with years of dirty play.  He is more of a liability at this point than an asset.
Reply/Quote
Not saying PFT is the end-all-be-all of how to gauge a football player, but I do feel the need to point this out.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-cin-ne-grades/

According to them, Adam Jones was the highest rated player for the Bengals D this week.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Ray Lewis realized he was too heavy to play in the modern NFL towards the end of his career, so he worked hard and dropped like 30 pounds for the good of the team.

Burfict looks like he worked hard at eating and gained about 30. An enforcer who's too slow on the field is no good to the team anymore. They were picking hard on the LBs in coverage. Mostly Dansby, but still a good amount on Burfict too.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I listened to the game on radio and Jone's name wasn't even mentioned once until like the 3rd quarter which to me would seem to indicate that Brady just didn't want to throw anything his way which means that he probably was doing a great job in coverage early on.. Now where it went from there seems to be another sad story, but it seems everyone else was in on the act of falling apart too.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 06:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He cost us a TD today too. It's hard to hate on Peko since he seems like such a genuinely good dude, but it's time to hang em up. Pat Sims has clearly outplayed him this year. 

.......and Sims has had much more fire this season.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 02:47 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Ray Lewis realized he was too heavy to play in the modern NFL towards the end of his career, so he worked hard and dropped like 30 pounds for the good of the team.

Burfict looks like he worked hard at eating and gained about 30. An enforcer who's too slow on the field is no good to the team anymore. They were picking hard on the LBs in coverage. Mostly Dansby, but still a good amount on Burfict too.

Our LBs have never covered well.   We started out combating this nicely with Shaw in the box.....then.....not.  More head scratching coaching.  Honestly.....Maualuga should've never seen the field yesterday with the threats of the two TEs.  Just poor coaching.  We exposed our own weakness.

Not to mention....lots of pressure early....then....none. WTF is wrong with this staff?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote