Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict and Maualuga: grossly overweight
(06-14-2016, 06:00 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: Talk to me in 7 weeks when camp breaks.  A freak athlete can round into shape very fast.  The concerning part isn't the weight, it's what it says about their approach to all aspects of the game outside of "on the field."

funny coming from you Odell..
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2016, 11:57 AM)J24 Wrote: The reason why the defense is so great is because of Geno Atkins and Carlos Dunlap. You can put an average LB behind him and the Defense would be fine.

Geno Atkins, and Dunlap are good, but the biggest reason why the defense is so dominant is Burfict. If you disagree you need to open your eyes and actually watch the defense.

w/o Burfict the defense gave up 20.33 points per game (which would have made us 12th in points allowed if that trend continued), and 370 yards per game (which would have made us 23rd in yards per game if that trend continued). With Burfict the defense gave up 15.7 points per game, and 294 yards per game. That's a HUGE difference

But keep saying Burfict isn't a big reason why the defense is so dominant. It just shows how little you know.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
On one hand, it's only June and as long as Burfict is in shape for the season that's all that matters....

On the other hand, I realize IF Burfict arrived to OTA's totally ripped and in the best shape of his life we'd be building a coffin for Pig Ben this very second.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2016, 06:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: On one hand, it's only June and as long as Burfict is in shape for the season that's all that matters....

On the other hand, I realize IF Burfict arrived to OTA's totally ripped and in the best shape of his life we'd be building a coffin for Pig Ben this very second.

If Burfict arrived at anything, totally ripped, I would expect a suspension for PEDs.  Ripped, is just not his natural body style.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2016, 12:35 AM)tlotharw Wrote: So you would start a fat tub of shit anyway? Burfict has shown such a lack of professionalism on - leaving the field in the last minute of a playoff game -  and off the field - Cheetos and burritos - that it doesn't surprise me that we haven't won a playoff game in 25 years.

I had no idea that Burfict was a part of this team for 25 years. Wow. That's crazy.

PS: Without Burfict in last year's playoff game, we don't even come close to winning.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2016, 08:39 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: PS: Without Burfict in last year's playoff game, we don't even come close to winning.

Burfict giveth, and Burfict taketh awayeth.
Reply/Quote
Would be more concerned if it was Jeremy Hill.

Dude needs to step it up this season and stop huffing and puffing so much as it is.

If he showed up "grossly overweight" then yeah... I'd be worried.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
JungleNoise is already saying that Burfict's back starting, so I guess it was either an exaggeration or he's just a hard-working bad-ass!

(I think it's probably a bit of both.)
Reply/Quote
Burfict has probably been playing too much PS4 lol I have him as a friend on the ps4
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2016, 06:08 PM)Lewdog Wrote: I'm sorry but this concerns me because this team is on the cusp, and the leaders are not taking things as serious as they need to be.  The "Greats" like Jerry Rice didn't veg in the offseason and let themselves go...that's why they are known as the "Greats."

Jerry Rice didn't have to stop NFL running backs coming up the middle.... football players like to eat, it's not news. They'll slim down. I just don't really understand why they can't practice until they lose the weight. Seems like practice in 95 degree weather would take it right off....
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2016, 06:49 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: But keep saying Burfict isn't a big reason why the defense is so dominant. It just shows how little you know.

Rep
Reply/Quote
Pics from yesterday showed Burfict at practice. B U T, that Jersey does look small on him at his gut. Its probably the way he is standing.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2016, 08:38 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Jerry Rice didn't have to stop NFL running backs coming up the middle.... football players like to eat, it's not news. They'll slim down. I just don't really understand why they can't practice until they lose the weight. Seems like practice in 95 degree weather would take it right off....

You can't outwork a bad diet.  I know I've tried.  All the fitness people I know from gyms and programs like Cross Fit will tell you the same.

Glad they're working Maualuga out, and I expect that he and Tez will be ready to go by camp.

But I can't help but wonder what both players - as good as they are - would be like if they dramatically cut their body fat in half.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2016, 06:00 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: Talk to me in 7 weeks when camp breaks.  A freak athlete can round into shape very fast.  The concerning part isn't the weight, it's what it says about their approach to all aspects of the game outside of "on the field."

Exactly this for me. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Burfict is practicing and making plays according to Bengals.com.

Said he made a great play on Gio and held up so he didn't hurt him.

Not worried.

Maualuga isn't practicing yet but i am sure that will change soon enough.
Reply/Quote
I'll be concerned if his play on the field diminishes.

We put way too much stock in looks. Remember Vernon Gholston? Dude was a freaking Adonis and he sucked.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2016, 12:03 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I'll be concerned if his play on the field diminishes.

We put way too much stock in looks. Remember Vernon Gholston? Dude was a freaking Adonis and he sucked.

Adrian Adonis?

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Lap works for the team and he said what he said. It could also be his opinion. There are no official reasons for any absences or lack of participation to this point - for whatever that is worth to you. I talked to Tez after his one OTA session and honestly, he looked good in it. He participated in the first day of minicamp, and was off today along with a bunch of other veterans and a couple rookies. It is true Maualuga hasn't participated, but I don't recall him doing anything before training camp last year either.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
This article just shows we are desperate for news.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2016, 08:31 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Nah, he'll just do a 10 day lemon cleanse, and drop about 35.. Hilarious

Maybe he will suddenly get sleep apnea and lose weight like Antwan Odom?  Somebody should have told Odom sleep apnea doesn't cause weight loss, but weight loss can make sleep apnea go away.
Reply/Quote