Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict and Maualuga: grossly overweight
(06-14-2016, 03:21 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: You do realize Burfict is one of the bigger reasons why the defense is so dominant, right? Who cares if he comes in overweight while it's still the offseason. As long as he can get back in shape by the start of the season he's fine.

The reason why the defense is so great is because of Geno Atkins and Carlos Dunlap. You can put an average LB behind him and the Defense would be fine.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
God I can't wait for the season to start.  How many days out are we until training camp?
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2016, 12:35 AM)tlotharw Wrote: So you would start a fat tub of shit anyway? Burfict has shown such a lack of professionalism on - leaving the field in the last minute of a playoff game -  and off the field - Cheetos and burritos - that it doesn't surprise me that we haven't won a playoff game in 25 years.

Burfict is one of the biggest reasons we should of won our last playoff game.

Blame it all on him for our playoff drought = professionially classy by you.

He will be just fine by game 3 of the regular season, watch.

Maualuga has done this before as well and was in good shape by the regular season.

Some of you guys are flipping out for no reason.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2016, 03:04 AM)J24 Wrote: Cut Rey and trade Vontaz we do not need this crap. There payed to be professionals and there clearly not doing it.

Shocked
Reply/Quote
its june people calm down..... Football is a long way away.. the summer in cincy will melt the fat off them like butter.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2016, 10:24 PM)jj22 Wrote: Not a good look for a leader

who cares man, he can lose the weight.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2016, 09:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: When someone abuses their body, like NFL LBs do, sometimes they just need a period of time to "veg".

I'm not too worried about it. Both those guys show up and work during the season. 
Reply/Quote
I'll hold my judgment until preseason. If they are notably slow in the preseason games, this thread may rear its head again.
Reply/Quote
this thread just makes me think about jeremi Johnson lol
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2016, 01:18 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I'll hold my judgment until preseason. If they are notably slow in the preseason games, this thread may rear its head again.

Either that or it'll be "Oh, it's just preseason...last I checked these games don't count." I have to say I'm curious just how overweight they are and if they have a habit of doing this every year BUT slim down and get in football shape in time. Is this new, or are they always showing up out of shape and fixing it in time, so why worry?
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2016, 01:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Either that or it'll be "Oh, it's just preseason...last I checked these games don't count."  I have to say I'm curious just how overweight they are and if they have a habit of doing this every year BUT slim down and get in football shape in time.  Is this new, or are they always showing up out of shape and fixing it in time, so why worry?

Rey M has shown up out of shape (or a little heavy) before but was usually down by game day.

First I heard about burfict but they say he had this issue in college too.. (I think his senior year he was out of shape a bit)
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2016, 02:03 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Rey M has shown up out of shape (or a little heavy) before but was usually down by game day.

First I heard about burfict but they say he had this issue in college too.. (I think his senior year he was out of shape a bit)

So that is what might cause me to be a bit concerned.  I'm not throwing in the towel or accusing them of not caring, but we I could wave a magic wand and make them not show up fat, I think we all would.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2016, 01:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: this thread just makes me think about jeremi Johnson lol

Now that was grossly overweight.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2016, 02:07 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So that is what might cause me to be a bit concerned.  I'm not throwing in the towel or accusing them of not caring, but we I could wave a magic wand and make them not show up fat, I think we all would.

of course that would be ideal lol.   with Rey M I wonder what he weighs because he did drop like 20 or 30 lbs so he could play faster a few years ago.      So did he just get that back or that and more.

when they use terms like grossly I picture rey m and burfict standing there looking like andre smith at his pro day.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2016, 02:11 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: when they use terms like grossly I picture rey m and burfict standing there looking like andre smith at his pro day.

Ah, the linebacker shuffle.....

These guys are professional athletes. They put on weight and strength, then cut down. It is really no big deal...
Reply/Quote
Burfict was fat in August last year. I'm not worried.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
If they have to miss practice to condition during TC, then I'll be a little worried. As of right now, I'm not worried about it.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2016, 04:22 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: If they have to miss practice to condition during TC, then I'll be a little worried. As of right now, I'm not worried about it.

Exactly. Both of these guys know the defense like the back of their hands. They don't need to reps when they aren't even in pads. Let the new guys get the reps and learn the plays..... come training camp is when it matters...
Reply/Quote
Talk to me in 7 weeks when camp breaks. A freak athlete can round into shape very fast. The concerning part isn't the weight, it's what it says about their approach to all aspects of the game outside of "on the field."
Reply/Quote
I'm sorry but this concerns me because this team is on the cusp, and the leaders are not taking things as serious as they need to be. The "Greats" like Jerry Rice didn't veg in the offseason and let themselves go...that's why they are known as the "Greats."
Reply/Quote